Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:50:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning about block reorg?  (Read 406 times)
aliashraf
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 02:05:30 PM

Bitcoin doesn't support finality. It is what you want and a feature that bitcoin
is known for NOT supporting it.  Your proposal about making it a command line option
is void and dangerous and escalates network splits in legit chain re-write situations.
HAHAHAHAHAHA
This is only a warning message on the screen. How can it escalates anything?  Grin
Is my English so bad?  Shocked
Obviously the problem is bigger than just your English, or,  may be it is ... take a course and read more about bitcoin to understand how different nodes with different parameters diverge and do not agree on the same chain. Lesson 1: when nodes do not agree on the same chain, it is called chain split, in English. Cheesy

OK, I will do it myself for my local client.
your node will become isolated and worth shit in case of a re-write. Without such an event you have done nothing! bitcoin is not a joke or a toy, be more humble  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amaclin1 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 305

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 02:09:36 PM

take a course and read more about bitcoin
read more about Alister Maclin and you would get that he knows about bitcoin much more than been written in courses  Grin

Bitcoin SV GUI client for Windows and Linux
https://github.com/AlisterMaclin/bitcoin-sv/releases
aliashraf
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 03:50:29 PM

take a course and read more about bitcoin
read more about Alister Maclin and you would get that he knows about bitcoin much more than been written in courses  Grin
Lol, you are outrailing your own topic  Tongue
He knows shit, transaction malleability is not the discovery of the century, bitcoin is more complicated than what junior hackers would imagine. Also by taking a course I meant an English course that might help reading more viable resources than yellow pages in social media.  cheers
amaclin1 (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 04:40:10 PM

Obviously they won't be confused if they don't know something may be on-going, i thought we're talking about showing message/information/warning to all users Huh

My first idea was that client (bitcoin-qt) should display this message immediately in case of
blockchain has been reorganized. But I do not like hardcoded voluntary assigned constants,
for example, 3 blocks for mainnet and 20 blocks for testnet. And we will spend too much time
discussing the message itself.

So, it would be better to configure this behaviour in command-line arguments or bincoin.conf
file and show no warning by default.

It would be much better if somebody with good English skills suggest this proposal to core developers.

amaclin1 (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 05:41:15 PM

Looks like we have different opinion/view in this case.
My poor English! I wanted to say absolutely the same! I do not know why you think that our opinions are different  Grin

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: