Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:57:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arthur Nakamoto (Dorian Nakamoto's brother) responds on Reddit  (Read 1530 times)
Cryptopher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:31:22 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 11:50:28 PM by Cryptopher

Hello all,

Just forwarding this recent post by Dorian's brother, Arthur:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1zx9zj/arthur_nakamoto_my_brother_dorian_satoshi_nakamoto/

His post brings a lot of personal feeling in the aftermath of the Newsweek article. This will eventually blow over for the community, but I wonder what effects (positive/negative) it will leave on the family whose lives have been invaded this past week.

Arthur would have probably never visited the Bitcoin sub-reddit, so to be put into a position where he feels that he needs to post his views on the ordeal is a real shame. The media can be so powerful, and so often now they go too far in order to get the headline stories.

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SecondsOld

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:34:18 PM

and?
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1841

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:41:22 PM

Look, this newb BTC user (approx. 10 - 12 times) has no idea who Satoshi is, and I for one really do not care.  I can only say that I am fascinated and filled with hope that Bitcoin is as I believe it is (real and sturdy).  Long live Bitcoin.

And, I agree with Arthur N., this Newsweek "story" is such crap that I hope the reporterette gets what´s coming to her.  Nature/God usually fixes things up with a rough justice...

Let justice be done.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:44:47 PM

If that really is Dorian's brother, his English is just outstanding.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4412

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:51:23 PM

and before anyone brainfarts out an idea that Arthur must be the bitcoin creator due to his better writing style of english, compared to his brother.

please dont. just give up thinking you know who the bitcoin creator really is, he will never be found by searching a white pages/phonebook. so give up and get on with something constructive.

it is.. proof at bottom of the page, (Arthurs driving licence)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:53:00 PM

and before anyone brainfarts out an idea that Arthur must be the bitcoin creator due to his better writing style of english, compared to his brother.

please dont. just give up thinking you know who the bitcoin creator really is, he will never be found by searching a white pages/phonebook. so give up and get on with something constructive.

it is.. proof at bottom of the page, (Arthurs driving licence)
So the plot thickens? Arthur == Satoshi?

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Cryptopher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:56:53 PM

Perhaps his English is, but I wouldn't be surprised if the text was edited (for legal reasons) prior to being posted.

Now the privacy of the family is up in the air, this post divulges more information that I don't believe was out before i.e. regarding mother.

mz1000

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:05:55 AM

But it said his brothers are younger than him.
They would have moved to America at a younger age.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4412

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:08:28 AM

But it said his brothers are younger than him.
They would have moved to America at a younger age.

Dorian may have married an Asian women thus keeping his Japanese speech alive. but Arthur could have married a western lady, thus adjusting his speech/grammar to be more american.

either way they both are not british educated that both not the bitcoin creator

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Walsoraj

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Ultranode

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:50:10 AM

So Dorian has memory issues and suffered a stroke.... interesting...
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:07:24 AM

Nonsense.  That letter is not legit.

Nobody talks like that.   Not even a goofy asian man with a thick accent.  And they can be pretty entertaining to listen to sometimes.

It reads like its intentional.  Not natural at all.  Takes some discretion to pick up on the nuances, but its not legit.

Not buying it.  Sorry.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Vitamin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:08:16 AM

I thought the part where Aurthur said he called the reporter an asshole was most interesting.  Remember that line in the Newsweek article where one of Dorian's brothers supposedly called him an asshole?  Yeah, bitch.  Thanks for proving Aurthur right about you.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:09:09 AM

Nonsense.  That letter is not legit.

Nobody talks like that.   Not even a goofy asian man with a thick accent.  And they can be pretty entertaining to listen to sometimes.

It reads like its intentional.  Not natural at all.  Takes some discretion to pick up on the nuances, but its not legit.

Not buying it.  Sorry.

-B-

Well reason could be for something more professional like in a ramp up for taking on newsweek with a lawsuit...

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: