Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:34:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Land Of The Free To Genitally Mutilate Women And Children  (Read 150 times)
TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 07:06:03 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2018, 02:59:33 AM by TheIrishman

THE LAND OF THE FREE TO GENITALLY MUTILATE WOMEN AND CHILDREN:

JUDGE RULES THAT FEDERAL LAW BANNING FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/judge-rules-that-federal-law-banning-female-genital-mutilation-is-unconstitutional/2018/11/21/a9455728-edd2-11e8-96d4-0d23f2aaad09_story.html

<< A federal judge dismissed criminal charges against two doctors in a landmark female genital mutilation case and ruled that Congress "overstepped its bounds" by passing a law banning the procedure. The case centered on two Michigan doctors and six others charged last year in connection with arranging to perform female genital mutilation on nine girls, four from Michigan and five of whom were brought to the state from Illinois and Minnesota.

While female genital mutilation has been a federal crime in the United States for more than two decades, the Michigan doctors were the first to be charged under the law. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement touted the indictments at the time, saying the charges "will hopefully deal a critical blow to stamping out this inhumane practice". But on Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Bernard Friedman found the federal ban unconstitutional, ruling that, among other reasons, female genital mutilation is a "local criminal activity" that must be regulated by the states, not Congress.

Genital mutilation is the removal of all or part of a female's genitals for nonmedical reasons. It is condemned by the United Nations and considered a human rights violation, but the practice is common for girls in parts of Asia, Africa and the Middle East. The World Health Organization says more than 200 million women and girls living in 30 countries have experienced FGM, the common acronym for female genital mutilation. >>

[VIDEO] The Horror Of Female Genital Mutilation

[VIDEO] All You Need To Know About FGM | End FGM

GIRLS HAVING THEIR CLITORISES AND VAGINAL LABIA REMOVED ON US SOIL - HOW MUCH LOWER CAN THE COUNTRY GET??? IS THERE EVEN A BOTTOM???

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 07:41:08 PM

Frankly I don't think any kind of genital mutilation should be legal (aside from consenting adults tho I suppose). Certainly not in children. This case will likely be overturned and or prosecuted under other laws.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 06:29:52 PM

....on Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Bernard Friedman found the federal ban unconstitutional, ruling that, among other reasons, female genital mutilation is a "local criminal activity" that must be regulated by the states, not Congress.....

If that was constitutionally correct, then abortions should also only be regulated by the states.
dogtana

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 08:09:52 PM

Female genital mutilation or any other kind of abuse and oppression of women doesn't fall under freedom of religion or thought.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 02:54:58 PM

I think I head about this case some time ago and now they are going to get let off?
I will have to look further into this..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
Luke_Turner

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 06:56:51 PM

I've seen this scenario in one of those medical TV shows before. What I don't understand is whatever the f*** is their purpose for mutilating a young girl's private parts? Yes, it's their culture, but what does it exactly do and why do they do that? If those girls have parents and they allowed to let this barbaric practice be done to their child then they should be held responsible. They just ruined the kid's life! Angry
3acaga

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 08:21:57 PM

Let the children grow, and let them decide what genitalia they need to remove !!!
I do not think that it is normal when a child is disfigured without his adequate choice.Shocked
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: