Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:02:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Prices are Being Manipulated...  (Read 735 times)
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1106

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 05:19:25 PM

ha, the discovery of the year easily!
of course, prices are manipulated bitcoin or any other
if there is a possibility of something to be manipulated and some group or people benefiting from it, it will be manipulated
but it is not inherent to bitcoin, look at gold fixing or the price of a dollar, for example
we all know what a meter is or a kilogramme is and we can check and compare it to the etalon meter or kg
but with the dollar or any other currency we only know what rate is it exchanged to some other currency at a given time
same goes for bitcoin price , just take it for granted

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 05:22:31 PM

BTC is being manipulated because it's easy. Try to manipulate the US$ or the €, that's nearly impossible, it just takes too much capital. But I'm sure the £ will be manipulated at Brexit time.

BTC needs to grow to make it more difficult to manipulate.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 05:26:30 PM

Yes, it's being manipulate by supply and demand only so that's why bitcoin value is volatile.
Unlike gold market if we take the example , we can't control gold market because every company around the world, own gold industry.
johnny508

Activity: 139
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 05:46:55 PM

There is always some kind of manipulation in the crypto market for bad investors and traders who are trying to make profits by manipulating others through false news and other terrible tactics but due to these actions bitcoin price always get negative effects and most of the time honest traders loose there investments which is a very sad thing happening in the bitcoin market today
johnny508

Activity: 139
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 05:51:06 PM

Yes, it's being manipulate by supply and demand only so that's why bitcoin value is volatile.
Unlike gold market if we take the example , we can't control gold market because every company around the world, own gold industry.
I agree manipulation has been a major reason for bitcoins high volatility and that is the main reason bitcoin has no stable price value and as a negative effect most small businesses and companies are afraid to use bitcoin with there transactions because there is a risk involvement they have to bare when using it with consumers
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 05:56:48 PM

I don't doubt that there's been some manipulation going recently in the market, and that may be one of the main reason for the current drop, but I don't discard the fact that there are other factors in play causing the current downtrend. For instance, there's a chance that some people simply got tired of waiting for a bull run or some upward movement and decided it was time to dump, this triggered a panic selling wave which caused the price to go further down.

There might be some people out there who have the same mindset, especially with the current bearish sentiment growing stronger everyday, so there's a high chance that prices will keep going down.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
Halmater

Activity: 896
Merit: 630

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 07:14:59 PM

Bitcoin can't be an expression of collective free will anymore. Because there is no a collective will. I can only see that most of people in the crypro market are greedy people who want to gain easy money. Bitcoin community experienced many collapses because of these people. There wil always be some groups who manupilate the crypto market.
Bennix
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 07:39:21 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2018, 10:39:03 PM by Bennix

To be honest ,bitcoin price is being manipulated because it is still  in the hands of whales that bought it very cheap.So,they can move it high or low.if you watch what happened recently ,they broke market structure by driving the price down knowing fully well that once the price goes down many noobs that don't have in depth knowledge on crypto will sell off aggressively.
However, the whales know that many people are waiting for bull run on December, and they use that as an added advantage by working against what majority thinks.Now,noobs have ended up selling their bitcoin ,and whales have ended up accumulating. Moreover ,whales know that without manipulating the price there won't be scarcity for bitcoin.So,bitcoin is being manipulated.
On the other hand,the manipulation is going on because bitcoin has not been adopted by the masses ,and once it is adopted by masses ,once bitcoin is used in every day transaction of which i believe that one day it will go around the world ,whales  won't have the financial capacity to manipulate the price again.Even if they try to manipulate, they will get burnt in the process,and that will serve as lesson to others .
waterman (OP)

Activity: 192
Merit: 119

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:22:33 PM

Bitcoin was designed to be decentralized and is, but there is no way to stop money from getting what it wants, and when you consider that over 50% of the entire bitcoin is owned by less than 1% of the entire bitcoin population, you might doubt that it actually is.

But BTC in contrast to fiat which is controlled by banks, is open source, transparent and neutral.
And with  more adoption it would easily resist manipulations.

I agree with you  Cool

waterman (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:25:35 PM

To be honest ,bitcoin price is being manipulated because it is still  in the hands of whales that bought it very cheap.So,they can move it high or low.if you watch what happened recently ,they broke market structure by driving the price down knowing fully well that once the price goes down many noobs that don't have in depth knowledge on what crypto will sell off aggressively.
However, the whales know that many people are waiting for bull run on December, and they use that as an added advantage by working against what majority thinks.Now,noobs have ended up selling their bitcoin ,and whales have ended up accumulating. Moreover ,whales know that without manipulating the price there won't be scarcity for bitcoin.So,bitcoin is being manipulated.
On the other hand,the manipulation is going on because bitcoin has not been adopted by the masses ,and once it is adopted by masses ,they won't have the financial capacity to manipulate the price again.Even if they try to manipulate, they will get burnt in the process.

I agree with you, were are on the hands of the whales. I  think the bull run is going to be on February or March

waterman (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:30:00 PM

I don't doubt that there's been some manipulation going recently in the market, and that may be one of the main reason for the current drop, but I don't discard the fact that there are other factors in play causing the current downtrend. For instance, there's a chance that some people simply got tired of waiting for a bull run or some upward movement and decided it was time to dump, this triggered a panic selling wave which caused the price to go further down.

There might be some people out there who have the same mindset, especially with the current bearish sentiment growing stronger everyday, so there's a high chance that prices will keep going down.

That is true Angry

pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:30:51 PM

There is a manipulation with Bakkt in the middle of it. They told some insiders that they were going to postpone the launch and a week before the news were announced insiders sold their coins. We had a big crash, CEO of BAKKT went public with the delay, people panicked a bit and sold ven more and the insiders were waiting for that ad buying cheaper. That's how you make money in the big world.
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:47:59 PM

yes, this is very real manipulation, we are experiencing this market manipulation, whales have an important role to play in controlling the free market as they wish.

they manipulate the graph, they control the market, and they also push the altcoin to fall.
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:52:12 PM

To manipulate bitcoin you need to have a lot of money. Since it is decentralized and its price does not depend on any particular person. Perhaps large investors are uniting in order to influence the price, but soon it will be more difficult to do.

AiBBio

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:55:29 PM

But BTC in contrast to fiat which is controlled by banks, is open source, transparent and neutral.
And with  more adoption it would easily resist manipulations.
Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 10:04:59 PM

Many people share this opinion that Bitcoin price is being manipulated by exchanges and I am one of them. It's really strange how within seconds the price comes crashing. I don't believe it's normal.
sinta23

Activity: 668
Merit: 100

DogData

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 10:44:01 PM

indeed at this time the demand for bitcoin is increasing, and it does make prices manipulate up and down. so at this time we should not be surprised that the bitcoin prices go up and down. because now the conditions are like that.

Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2190

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 12:47:01 AM

I believe that someone can really manipulate the market. The so-called whales can change the situation in order to make profit.
I mean to invest less and earn more. We can't be sure in it as crypto market continues to stay a miraculous place.

You're right. Miracles do not exist. Every investor wants to gain a profit, especially the "whale". Crypto exchange markets differ from traditional stock markets in that no one can stop trading if the price crashes, hence there are many manipulators. Thus, if one large BTC owner is suddenly selling his coins, the other large holders also start selling their coins. Probably the Bitcoin miners decided to get fiat money for purchasing electricity and reimbursing other expenses.
maydna

Activity: 2926
Merit: 556

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 12:59:12 AM

I think every possibility can happen with bitcoin including price manipulation, but we don't know the truth. And if you read some news like that but you don't know the truth, you will become worried and have a little afraid. You will think how about my bitcoin? What do I need to do with my bitcoin? They will create more and more false news to make people worry and afraid so they can take the benefits of bitcoin at the low price. We already see much negative news or positive news came to us and yes, it gives an impact on the price. So I think the manipulation of the price comes from the news itself which want to make people become panic.
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2018, 01:02:40 AM

Bitcoin price is indeed manipulated by its users. Users of Bitcoin are the major determinant of the price on the market. After all, there should definitely be correction period after a huge spike last year December. I do not buy into the idea that Bitcoin is manipulated by a bots.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: