Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:47:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition to Free Ross Albrecht  (Read 209 times)
smartbitcoininvestor (OP)

Activity: 652
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 12:28:30 AM

Over the last few months, a petition aimed at freeing Ross Ulbricht from prison has garnered 100,000 signatures. The request addressed to U.S. president Donald Trump and hosted on Change.org explains that Ulbricht deserves clemency because his investigation, trial, and sentencing were rife with abuse.

After Reaching the Milestone, Ulbricht Petition Now Aims for 150,000 Signatures

https://news.bitcoin.com/petition-to-free-ross-ulbricht-gathers-100000-signatures/

We need to free Ross Ulbricht!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 12:43:38 AM

Dude, get over it. They were sending a message and equate him with Pablo Escobar or Joaquín Guzmán. If half the citizens of the U.S. signed it they wouldn’t let him out.

Upon reading the sentence, Judge Forrest explained she was making an example of the 31-year-old Ulbricht to send a message to others like him. The Wall Street Journal's Nicole Hong sums it up well:

"Ultimately she gave Mr. Ulbricht the harshest punishment allowed under the law, saying Silk Road was 'an assault on the public health of our communities' by making it easy for people around the world to buy illegal drugs. In a passionate speech, she detailed the ways drug addiction can tear families apart.

'What you did with Silk Road was terribly destructive to our social fabric,' said Judge Forrest, who also ordered Mr. Ulbricht to forfeit about $183 million."

This isn't to say that Ulbricht isn't a lousy guy because he almost certainly is. The court documents clearly paint a picture of an unrepentant man who sought to protect his illegal empire by "violent means, including soliciting the murder-for-hire of several individuals he believed posed a threat to that enterprise." Andy Greenberg of Wired describes how these particular details -- which, it should be noted, were not part of this trial -- led to Forrest's decision:

"With those attempted murders as context, Forrest was merciless in her assessment of Ulbricht’s seeming multiple personalities: the altruistic and admirable young man described in the letters sent to her as evidence of his character, versus the callous drug lord she saw in his actions."

MkGregor

Activity: 224
Merit: 9

Bitcoinus Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2018, 01:02:23 AM

We need to free Ross Ulbricht!!

Why?

BITCOINUS // BITCOIN PAYMENTS IN 2 SECONDS CUTTING EDGE PAYMENT PROCESSING  (https://www.bitcoinus.io/)
my dream2021

Activity: 359
Merit: 61

︻┳デ═—

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 08:27:41 PM

............We need to free Ross Ulbricht!!
If Ross Ulbricht is free from the case that happened to him, will he not return on the Silk Road?
Because I heard a few months ago Silk Road 3.1 returned  Huh
Btw will it cause a Bitcoin pump ?

"BTC Bitcoin is a man-made, open-source technology – not a gift handed down from the heavens"
coinwizard_

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:04:47 PM

If the silk road dark market returns then bitcoin and monero will pump, unless he is freed and decides to dump all his hidden coins, then the market will drop even further!

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:36:38 PM

does his action affect the crypto market? I think, anything problem, if we find a subject that can make BTC down deeper, then freeing him is not a good choice.

Remember, today's market is very bad, so, avoid any negative influences that can destroy the crypto market.
Gamblet

Activity: 476
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 11:17:47 PM

I think that the petitions will not help him to release. I think he made a big contribution to the development of bitcoins, but he broke the law and was caught. It is hard for me to say whether he was punished fairly or not. On the one hand, soft drugs are safer than alcohol, which is sold legally and in large quantities, But, on the other hand, the sale of hard drugs has led to many deaths of people.
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 02:59:45 AM

unless he is freed and decides to dump all his hidden coins, then the market will drop even further!

I don't think that is even a problem because if the coins are dropped, it can only lead to a temporary deep which will be picked by new investors who see a bright side with bitcoin. The point is, the law is supreme.

Meanwhile, I think this thread is better in the legal thread, thanks.
waterman

Activity: 192
Merit: 119

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 03:11:14 AM

Ok, I will support him. I will sign when I have a chance

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: