Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:33:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suicidal ideation  (Read 884 times)
Bountyhonter

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 11:35:02 PM

I've heard many news of people commiting suicide but my advice to them is that money isn't everything, if they ever feel the need of commiting suicide they should talk to their family and friends about it or a psychiatrist

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BigBrother

Activity: 439

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 11:55:15 PM

I think that this situation may well happen. But only a beginner who has invested all his money in bitcoin and hoped for its growth can react this way and now he is in despair. Any sane person should understand and assess all possible risks.

lutfi-hasan

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 12:47:27 AM

In my opinion, when we want to invest in Bitcoin, we should learn about the risks that will occur if we invest in Bitcoin, so we have the knowledge to stock up when the price of Bitcoin falls very sharply as it is today. So the sense of frustration will disappear when the belief in the increase in the price of Bitcoin is high in the mind.
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 05:02:44 AM

I believe that people who happened to invest btc at a much higher price compared to the current price would have been experiencing a stressful and psychological impact with regards to health. It's hard to accept the current market dip but people don't have any choice but to accept it the way it is happening. Better not to get affected too much as this is just temporary and do not stress yourself much with the current bear market.
project_delta

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2018, 05:12:17 AM

We are humans and for that matter, we are bound to all forms of psychological trauma when something is not going well. I have been wondering what some people who bought bitcoin since last year and early part of this year might be going through. For instance, somebody who bought 1BTC as at last year and he or she is in possession of it up till date, what do you think such a person might want to do to him or herself now that bitcoin has drain so heavily. I think such a person might be psychologically lacerated and thinking committing suicide. What do you also think and what advise will you offer to such a person?
I always advice everyone to buy cryptos when he has a safe backup or he could do it without having to compromise his needs.
For people who are this well off, would not be this depressed even if they bought bitcoin when it was 20k. The ebst thing they could do now is to leave it alone and wait for the time when bitcoin gets hyped again.

PROJECT DELTA
Shaping the Future of Blockchain
Project DELTA develops a game-changing Blockchain Protocol; projectdelta.io/
btcjocan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 05:41:08 AM

We are humans and for that matter, we are bound to all forms of psychological trauma when something is not going well. I have been wondering what some people who bought bitcoin since last year and early part of this year might be going through. For instance, somebody who bought 1BTC as at last year and he or she is in possession of it up till date, what do you think such a person might want to do to him or herself now that bitcoin has drain so heavily. I think such a person might be psychologically lacerated and thinking committing suicide. What do you also think and what advise will you offer to such a person?
Those who invested in Bitcoin at its highest peak may become desperate and depress but these people need someone to talk with inorder that it will not come to the point of thinking that suicidal attitude and i think thats too much it was just money and we can still find a way to survive even if our expectations doesn't meet.
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2018, 08:10:00 AM

I think it is not such a serious loss to think about suicide. You just need to take it and move on. And the more the market can soon recover, then all is not lost.
shadyrifles

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 08:33:39 AM

As we know the Bitcoin and cryptocurrency is very volatile to invest. I agree the current market situation is quite depressive but also think about the positive side of this story, the whole story could be changed tomorrow. Who knows? I suggest him/her not to think again such stupidity. No matter what people enjoy when they see suffer especially someone is suffering financially. He/She is the only person to help himself or herself no one is going to take care of your personal things.
lrvjvt

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 09:27:01 AM

People with such a weak mind should not invest in crypto. crypto is a high-risk area. It is only suitable for those who truly believe in crypto and dare to take risks. If you want to commit suicide only because of the decline of bitcoin, such people are fundamental not suitable for investing in crypto or other things, he only needs to go to work to get a salary.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 09:42:57 AM

If a person would kill themselves for a little over $10k then they either don't value their life very much or put far too much of their worth in money. You should always only invest what you can afford to lose and certainly not bank on something as risky as bitcoin to secure your financial future. We as humans have to deal with many losses and tragedies during our time - financial, relationships, health, family deaths etc, and that's just part of life and something you need to learn to accept and deal with. Sure, it's never easy but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Learn from your mistakes and make sure you don't make the same ones in the future, and certainly don't value your life in monetary terms because you'll never be happy. 
CoinNextTrue

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 10:04:41 AM

Dear friend, it is certainly not pleasant to have invested 100 in Bitcoin and find yourself with 50, but as many have stated in this discussion, you must not doubt the Bitcoin, they have given it to death so many times, but it is still here.

I do not know if you are you or another person, but suicide is certainly not the solution, I can advise you to stay calm, the cryptocurrencies  are the future, many will disappear because their project will prove to be a failure, but many they  will  have successful and in the end they will become common use and one of these will surely be Bitcoin, it is only a matter of time, the world needs to know and understand, we are the pioneers, we have discovered the gold before the others, give them time to reach us.
b3llsf1l3s

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2018, 10:36:14 AM

Just don't look at the value of bitcoin every day. If it kills you, forget about your bitcoin for a year or two. In the future, it is sure to grow in price. This is not the first and not the last drop in price. Bitcoin is gold.

we monitor or see the price of the coin, but I don't think that often, because every time the price can change. so sometimes it makes us feel confused about all that. so we now have to make a new strategy so we don't doubt Bitcoin.

however, people should have thought about their target at bitcoin from the start, we know the price fluctuations that can happen at any time, even when we sleep can happen. At least use the stop-loss feature to avoid the worst possibility. If we buy then hope that bitcoin will moon for no apparent reason (in a few more years) I am sure, only a few people will be strong for HOLD in this period of time.

nahotachikwem

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 10:53:08 AM

My advice to such a person is that committing suicide is not the best and to avoid psychological trauma such a person should invest what he or she can afford to loose.
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:30:37 PM

Yeah! We are just humans and we cannot control our emotion pnce we see that there is something wrong with our investment. As I can see that the price of bitcoin continuously see bitcoin dropping to its last price, my heart brokes. It brokes me because I invested in bitcoin last month because I thought it will arrive in 20K dollars before the end of this year.
FedorIzmailov

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:35:39 PM

in no case should such thoughts be admitted because you need to understand more precisely what exactly you are risking and what you are going to do when you buy Bitcoin
kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:43:16 PM

the real investor and traders need to know that when they start to invest in bitcoin and trading in bitcoin and cryptocurrency, they need to know about the risk. and right now that the risk coming to them.

Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:48:06 PM

It's quite tragic if it's done but if you think positively then that person will definitely not do that ridiculous thing,Having 1BTC is enough for investment everywhere even that is enough to play gambling than suicide.It's ridiculous that things don't really make sense myself buy into bullish but most are covered by my businesses other than waiting or HODL.

YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 02:23:13 PM

There is a possibility  that a person is thinking this way is inevitable but sure it is just a small percentage to worry so much, But imagine the trauma that person might think and we are talking about losing the money he invest in I think that is what most people are thinking, Well I think that a good advice for them is to keep calm and in the future the price of bitcoin will sure skyrocket and think about this crash as a great opportunity to buy and hold more bitcoin now that it is at the cheapest price, I really think this is a manipulation on the issue of exchanging bitcoin to bitcoin cash but this crash will sure recover.

And for the persons with psychological problem and depressed I think a friend to talk to and a lot of comfort is the think he need most.
tarable

Activity: 1258
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 02:24:08 PM

the real investor and traders need to know that when they start to invest in bitcoin and trading in bitcoin and cryptocurrency, they need to know about the risk. and right now that the risk coming to them.

in doing something we really have to know what risks we will face. because we need to know the risk of sting. so that in the future we can face these risks.
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 02:50:38 PM

Honestly investing on huge amount of money on bitcoin in the peaked period last year while hoping to make profit but eventually the price crashed can be a serious threat to the existence of such an investors psychologically I can only advice such individuals to still keep faith and hope for a positive turn around rather than threatening to commit suicide.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: