Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:54:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is sacrificing privacy data important?  (Read 829 times)
Ludmilla_rose1995 (OP)

Activity: 1496
Merit: 156

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 02:03:46 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2022, 06:50:57 PM by Ludmilla_rose1995

Many Airdrop programs often appear to distribute their free tokens, but the project asks airdrop participants to verify their data.

Recently, Stellar also made the Airdrop program by providing USD 125 million in XLM form, the total tokens shared are approximately 1.5 billion tokens. The token is indeed distributed free, but the user must verify his identity to be able to get the token.

These free tokens are pretty much hunted. Unfortunately, there are still many who do not understand that privacy is quite important and must be maintained.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 02:39:21 PM

Many Airdrop programs often appear to distribute their free tokens, but the project asks airdrop participants to verify their data. Recently, Stellar also made the Airdrop program by providing USD 125 million in XLM form. The total tokens shared are approximately 1.5 billion tokens. The token is indeed distributed free, but the user must verify his identity to be able to get the token. These free tokens are pretty much hunted. Unfortunately, there are still many who do not understand that privacy is quite important and must be maintained.

Airdrop is a free token given by a company just to make them popular or just to introduce the project and the team were really need a KYC as proof that the token or coins was given to a particular person and I think there's no problem if it is a legitimate company , but if you don't want to share your private data ,then it is better not to join .
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 08:17:54 PM

Many Airdrop programs often appear to distribute their free tokens, but the project asks airdrop participants to verify their data. Recently, Stellar also made the Airdrop program by providing USD 125 million in XLM form. The total tokens shared are approximately 1.5 billion tokens. The token is indeed distributed free, but the user must verify his identity to be able to get the token. These free tokens are pretty much hunted. Unfortunately, there are still many who do not understand that privacy is quite important and must be maintained.
We must be very careful when giving out personal data, because there is every tendency for it to be used for ulterior motives. Know who you give your personal data to.
zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:04:15 PM

Indeed, basically the use of Kyc is to reduce multiple accounts and aim well, but there must be a negative side too, we do not know the security of the personal data that we provide and can be misused by irresponsible people. , it's better to maintain the security of our privacy.
Rati24

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:13:26 PM

Yes, it is certainly bad that they require kyc and video confirmation. But if it hadn’t been there, there would have been many multi-accounts against the fight against them. I hope they keep confidential in safety or can be deleted after verification. Stellar promising coin hope it is worth it.
Mysteryla

Activity: 420
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:24:28 PM

When i saw your topic, the first question that came to my mind was:; what is there to sacrifice about kyc?
Your privacy, most especially your personal data is more precious than anything. It is more important than the peanut you are expecting to receive from any airdrop. Even if it is bounty, you need to be careful. The same is also applicable to investing in ICO, because it might be a scam.
pitedsarat

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 02:12:03 PM

When need to start buying?
berstabfido

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 02:23:09 PM

Just Hodl, friends
trudovik

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 02:26:13 PM

Any privacy will be beneficial for a certain circle of people, if we are talking about private property, then of course it is very necessary, then what's the point of reaching and achieving something?
TwSeventh

Activity: 566
Merit: 113

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 02:33:23 PM

Just Hodl, friends

Hold what ? it has nothing to do with Hold or not to hold. It is all about KYC and your privacy.

Yes, it is certainly bad that they require kyc and video confirmation. But if it hadn’t been there, there would have been many multi-accounts against the fight against them. I hope they keep confidential in safety or can be deleted after verification. Stellar promising coin hope it is worth it.

They won't delete it because they will use it as kind of way to promote their project, i believe they will send you a message or an email about something new with their project in the future. Because i have seen something like that before, and more likely they will do the same thing.

Want to pay for a VPS with Bitcoin? Get a Bitcoin VPS from Evolution Host
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 02:49:10 PM

It's still up to the people who are participating on these KYC airdrops, some of them do not understand the underlying risk and they just want to partake of these new coins hoping that it will hit the market, they will just go on until they finally realize that it's useless and not worthy at all.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2018, 02:59:28 PM

KYC is a joke, especially when they ask for it for a bounty or airdrop.
If KYC is asked for these, they either have ulterior motives or don't know the basics of what even Know Your Customer is all about.
Both are huge red flags that you are dealing with an unprofessional company.

In the case of the XLM airdrop, it isn't acutally stellar themselves that are doing it.
It's just another media ploy to create hype around a project.
the fact that they are asking for KYC makes me suspect that they are also datamining.

The crazy thing about kyc is, is that it is actually crazy unreliable.
I decided to test the system out one time and applied to an ICO whitelist using a fake passport picture I got off of the internet.

butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 03:02:40 PM

The total tokens shared are approximately 1.5 billion tokens.
I wonder what was the amount of airdropped tokens per participant? If it was as in the case of many other typical airdrops, the participants were effectively selling their private information for a couple of bucks. Not a very clever thing to do.

Unfortunately, there are still many who do not understand that privacy is quite important and must be maintained.
Agreed. I can't say that I will never give up my privacy, but I will say this: it would definitely have to be a substantial reward to do that. Otherwise it's just lame.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 04:44:57 PM

Well as far as airdrops are concerned i dont think any airdrop campaign asks for kyc or private data but stellar seems to be an exception usually some icos require kyc for investments due to their country regulators.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Icologies

Activity: 994
Merit: 100

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 06:07:39 AM

yes, you should not have to sacrifice any privacy to get distribution tokens for free, maybe the results are not much and the results are not comparable at the expense of your identity. I think keeping identity is more important and doesn't have to be sacrificed for free tokens.

quaanetsnike

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 06:28:02 AM

We need a new Ethereum
baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 07:12:31 AM

In airdrop campaigns, projects require KYC to prevent SPAM. It is a very good measure and I agree with that. Airdrop offers tokens to make more popular projects and to win potential investors. Through KYC, you will not expose your personal life, but you are just the name and the place where you stand. You have nothing to fear, no one comes to break your house now that he knows where you live. It's just a measure against SPAM.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
- ESPERS -

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 08:15:34 AM

KYC is important for bounty companies to prevent campaigners from participating in the SCAM. It would be very good a kind of KYC made by companies to join the forum, maybe so there would be many SCAM projects.
       Stay calm, nothing happens to you, you are doing a KYC in a campaign where this is required.
andongdanisi

Activity: 379

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 08:18:17 AM

If it can provide us with valuable tokens, then I am willing to provide them with some data, but if their tokens are not yet on the market or are still in the ICO stage, then I will not give them any data!

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
tolgahanuzun

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 09:48:40 AM

To give someone your personal data or not for $ 10-50 you decide. As for me this is a very stupid act. No one knows what negative effect this will have on you in the future.

★★★     │  TEMCO  │      SUPPLY CHAIN POWERED BY BITCOIN NETWORK, RSK     ★★★
★★★   Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP)   ★★★
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: