Bitcoin Forum
April 22, 2019, 10:54:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥[ANN][ABET] ALTBET - Revolutionary mutual betting platform | MN+POS | ESPORT🔥  (Read 9906 times)
Wizking
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 03:59:46 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2019, 04:55:17 PM by mprep

EVERYONE WHO WERE IN FEAR ABOUT ABET WALLET,CHECK OUT THE LATEST ARTICLE AND FOR SURE ALL WILL BE AFRAID MORE

NOT CREATING A FUD, BUT ALL THOSE ARE THE FACTS AND NOW THE TEAM IS SIMPLY COVERING UP STORIES WITH DIFFERENT VERSIONS, WHEN THERE IS A MOLE IN ABET ITSELF

IF THEY HAD NO ISSUES THEN WHY DELAYING IN CB DEPOSIT,WITHDRAW AND NOW THEY EVEN POSTPONED THEIR COLLATERAL CHANGE AND SAYING WE WAIT FOR FURTHER UPDATES

ARTICLE SOURCE https://medium.com/@PolisBlockchain/investigations-regarding-the-abet-wallet-hack-dff84fd3b2e3

Investigations regarding the ABET wallet hack
Go to the profile of Polis Blockchain
Polis Blockchain
Apr 4

The Hack
Two days ago, around 11 PM PDT, over 60,000 POLIS were stolen from multiple masternode owners, without them giving access to their coins, nor their private keys.

You can see the transaction here:

https://insight.polispay.org/tx/cee1625ad2752bbd4f0a64e853795ed44ec71646a18c5199a93a566353bb7b9b

The attacker immediately sold all his coins at market price on CryptoBridge, driving the POLIS price to a maximum low for a few hours.

After selling the coins, many POLIS owners came to our Discord channel for support, and after conversing for a while, we we found out that not only POLIS was affected, but other popular masternodes were affected too. Then after a conversation with over 15 people, we concluded that the common factor between all of them, was the latest ABET windows wallet update to 2.0.0, which led us to post this announcement:

@everyone
DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE INSTALL AN ALTBET WALLET IN YOUR COMPUTER.
There are reasons to believe that the newest ALTBET update has a trojan, and you might lose all your coins if you install it.
Be safe.
After that announcement, more Discord servers started posting similar announcements, leading to ABET developers thinking we were making false claims, and demanding that we apologize.

We decided to further look at this issue, with the help of GIN, DOGEC, SPK, the ABET team itself, and other blockchain developers. In the following lines we will describe our investigation and conclusion.

The investigation
At first, we uploaded the wallet QT file to virus scanners, you can find them here:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/373d6f53792a5a9b70578b8dcce08d3173df6177ece195e16c86ea649b6bbe8a/detection
and here:

https://www.joesandbox.com/analysis/120863/0/html
Those sites analyzed the QT wallet, and the results tell that there might be malicious code.

However, we can’t conclude the investigation with this data, we had to dig deeper.

After looking for a while at ABET official GitHub release, we realized it had no gitian huild, meaning that we had no easy way to know if the compiled version was the same as the source code.

After checking the binary we realized that the source code is not the same as the final build.

We also found out that the compiled build had the following method:

This code recursively gets files from the user, and sends them to the ABET servers. This means that the ABET wallet was sending files from the user computer, to the ABET servers.They were also collecting the user OS and hard drive info.

Conclusion
If you have an ABET 2.0.0 wallet, the Polis teams recommends to send all your funds to another wallet in another computer, with different wallet.dat and uninstall your ABET wallet immediately. If you do not, your funds might be at risk.

The Polis Team is working on a written security guide, and a YouTube video too. Like our friends at SPK say: ‘As an open source community, we strongly believe all wallet sources should be public and complete and open to 3rd party audits.’

Special thanks to our friends at GIN, DOGEC, SPK, for helping getting to the bottom of this issue.

REMOVED EVIDENCE ...

REPORTING AND STOPPING SCAMS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
altbetdev
Copper Member

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 03:44:04 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2019, 04:55:37 PM by mprep

REMOVED EVIDENCE ...

I think spots are on us enough to know that people have a copy of the previous codebase for investigation purpose.
We would like you to stop posting on this thread as it's highly fudding and not informating people.

We are encouraging people to come and talk with us in our discord.

Apologies to all victims and communities

Past few days was very stressful for everyone, team, investors, community and other communities.

There are no words that express how sorry I'm. I know that whatever I say will not fix damage which has been done to the victims which lost enormous amounts of coins in multiple projects. From the bottom of heart I'm truly truly sorry for all losses of each of you.

I expect that moving forward with the project and cleaning up our name will not be easy path. This will be a huge challenge for me, the team and the community, but I will do my best to continue the project and prove to those who already crossed us out that I will work no matter what.

My trust has been violated, but it does not mean that I am not guilty of this whole situation. I should know better and make sure everything that is published is 100% clean. I made a huge mistake by not checking what code actually does. I'm sorry that I let you down. The only thing I can do in this situation is never to let it happen again.

I also guess that this kind of statement will not satisfy everyone but I'm also under the influence of high stress and pressure.

P.S. Thank to all of people which was and is still with us. I've received a lot of motivating DMs. I would also like to thank all of developers which was a part of this investigation.

Stay tuned @everyone

- Altbet Team
vella85

Activity: 1106
Merit: 543

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2019, 09:35:35 PM

It is sad to see this happen to a good project with a working product, it seems as though for the past couple of months there have been some people out there trying to bring Altbet down. I just hope that Altbet can recover and that it gain back the trust from the community. Sorry for the ones that had coins stolen from other projects, there needs to be a way to stop this from happening in the future as this is one major problem crypto in general has and will never be mass adopted while things like this continue to happen. Stay strong and positive dev!

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Wizking
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 04:48:13 AM

What do you mean SORRY, There are ppl who lost from your infected WALLET which was done by you
and just to cover  your mistake you guys now just banned one DEV who was responsible for webbuild,wallets.website,graphics
Who know that JJ ( what you call that USER/DEV might be any one you) or he might join again with different name (as you told you appoint more DEV)
When every users had issues from start you guys just ignored all with false accusations and called all of them stop FUD FUD FUD
and now you just simply come and say sorry?Huh
This will never stop, you guys have damaged a lot and made many of them to lose their hard earned money/investments and you come and say believe us, common guys this ain't a  lame joke

Fact number 1:
One of 3 CORE team members of ALTBET coin named JJ (web developer) added malicious code in
ALTBET qt wallet and send it to 2nd ALTBET CORE team member named altbetdev – I don’t send DMs
who upload the malicious files to official github of ALTBET coin without previously checking it

Fact number 2:

Lots of users download malicious qt exe file from OFFICIAL ALTBET github link and from those who run it,
more than 20 users lost combined 21+4 BTC from their wallets installed on same PC where ALTBET wallet was running.
Coins affected are – SINS, POLIS, 1X2, LRM, GIN, SND, DKPC, Marc, DEV, SMART, GTM, EVOS and few more
in 2 confirmed attacks on 3. April and 5. April 2019. All coins are stolen on local PCs.

Fact number 3:
Apart from users being affected, there was massive down to bottom dump on exchanges from stolen coins
which caused large damage to their prices ,25 BTC was total dump in 2 days and its still ONGOING.

Fact number 4:

None of ALTBET coins were lost, either because they cannot be sold at once on exchanges,
or simple previous CORE TEAM DEVELOPER didn’t want to shit where he eat all these months – time will tell when exchanges open

Fact number 5:
3 days after stealing and dumping started, there is still NO OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT from remaining core team members
on how they will compensate both users and coin projects which lost their BTC because of their negligence.
JJ (web development) is now kicked out of the ALTBET server because he vanished same day after he changed
and uploaded malicious ALTBET wallets to OFFICIAL github link of ALTBET coin

PROOF OF ABET LATEST STEALING WALLET.DAT INFO

REPORTING AND STOPPING SCAMS
ju34400

Activity: 1260
Merit: 511

Farming shitcoin as Charles was farming wheat

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 04:35:08 PM

🙏 Apologies to all victims and communities 🙏

Past few days was very stressful for everyone, team, investors, community and other communities.

There are no words that express how sorry I'm. I know that whatever I say will not fix damage which has been done to the victims which lost enormous amounts of coins in multiple projects. From the bottom of heart I'm truly truly sorry for all losses of each of you.

I expect that moving forward with the project and cleaning up our name will not be easy path. This will be a huge challenge for me, the team and the community, but I will do my best to continue the project and prove to those who already crossed us out that I will work no matter what.

My trust has been violated, but it does not mean that I am not guilty of this whole situation. I should know better and make sure everything that is published is 100% clean. I made a huge mistake by not checking what code actually does. I'm sorry that I let you down. The only thing I can do in this situation is never to let it happen again.

I also guess that this kind of statement will not satisfy everyone but I'm also under the influence of high stress and pressure.

P.S. Thank to all of people which was and is still with us. I've received a lot of motivating DMs. I would also like to thank all of developers which was a part of this investigation.

Stay tuned @everyone

- Altbet Team
KnyazED

Activity: 826
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 05:14:17 PM

It is sad to see this happen to a good project with a working product, it seems as though for the past couple of months there have been some people out there trying to bring Altbet down. I just hope that Altbet can recover and that it gain back the trust from the community. Sorry for the ones that had coins stolen from other projects, there needs to be a way to stop this from happening in the future as this is one major problem crypto in general has and will never be mass adopted while things like this continue to happen. Stay strong and positive dev!

it is not a strong defeat. there are situations, when it seems as if everything is lost. but not all is so bad. I think, that there may be a moment, when everything will be in place. the project will resume its achievements. it will become completely different. do not be very upset.

MoozicoreWORLDS FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN

█████                     █████
  ███████                   ███████
  ███████       █████       ███████
  ███████      ███████      ███████
   █████        █████        █████
soixantedix

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 06:23:17 PM

yay. compromised wallet of shitcoin brought lots of headache and losses for crypto enthusiats. sounds frustrating

Cryptomist12
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 11:08:47 AM

I think spots are on us enough to know that people have a copy of the previous codebase for investigation purpose.
We would like you to stop posting on this thread as it's highly fudding and not informating people.

We are encouraging people to come and talk with us in our discord.

encouraging people .........….shit
 guys as soon we ask any questions they will ban us ,and there are bunch of shills in there server who just keep on shitting and shilling
BE AWARE OF ABET WALLET    Grin
suryanirwana16

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 02:52:14 AM

the roi, is huge now, and there will be a new colleteral soon
so i need all time i can get, for getting the new colleteral
altbet will be huge in the future

Bigpiggy01

Activity: 947
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 02:33:03 PM

Yes, there was a major effing fuck up.

But overall, I do not really see the fundamentals of an otherwise solid project having changed much.

altbetdev
Copper Member

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 04:11:11 PM

⚒ Quick update ⚒
We are quiet lately because there is a lot of work being done in background. Day by day we are moving forward and we believe we will be back on track sooner than later. Till the end of April we will be working on getting everything back to work as it was before. More specifics soon.

📊 Exchanges 📊

CryptoBridge - wallets has been updated and deposits with withdrawals are live since yesterday.

Stex - wallets has been updated and deposits with withdrawals are live since yesterday

Birake ( 7 exchanges ) - tomorrow we should be finally listed on Birake exchange network

⛓ Our blockchain ⛓

After several updates seems we are finally safe & stable. @Tfinch is watching it daily to be sure that everything works properly.

Missing wallet compilations :

Today we should be able to release missing macOS & maybe ubuntu 18.04 compilation. Will also try to prepare guide on how to do your own compilation on ubuntu.

🚀 Collateral increase from 1k to 5k 🚀

No ETA yet but we plan to increase collateral by the end of this month.

Stay tuned everyone

- Altbet Team

Cryptomist12
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 06:40:03 AM

This coin is hyper inflated shit now , and discord is filled with shills never believe this scammers   
altbetdev
Copper Member

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 09:16:08 AM

New Altbet arrival

This is nothing new for many which was here in past weeks. ABET listing on MCT+ platform had place around 2 weeks ago but it was never officially announced by us. They deserve this ANN and all of us is very thankful for listing.

Useful links & how to video
MCT+ Trading platform https://trade.mct.plus/
MCT+ Website https://mct.plus/
MCT+ Video for beginner https://youtu.be/iOM1GT7bJPI
MCT+ Discord https://discord.gg/t7P8RAy

MISC
#how-to-bootstrap -> new bootstrap uploaded
#addnodes -> updated to 2.0.0.1 peers
#blockchain-verification -> updated to 260684 block
#mn-script -> updated to the latest bootstrap & addnodes
#vps-update -> updated to the latest bootstrap & addnodes

Stay tuned