Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:34:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People registering Jet Cash member names here  (Read 532 times)
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 11:34:02 AM

I've noticed that there are at least 3 newby names starting with "Jetcash". Please note that none of these are in any way associated with me, and the members should not be trusted in my opinion. The names are -

JetCash
JetCashDev - copper member
JetCash786

Note also that I have owned the domain name JetCash.com since December of 2002, and I have used it intermittently to provide personal payment services, and advice about online payments. No other "JetCash" name is owned by me, or has any support or association with me.

In view of my forum presence here, it is my belief that any unauthorised use is possibly fraudulent, so approach any contact with extreme caution.

I'm not sure where to post this thread for it to achieve any visibility. If there is a better board, then perhaps a mod could move it. I've also considering giving those account a neutral trust comment.

Hey people copying other people names is common on forums, however in your case if they accept payments impersonating you it will be bad. It's to early to say whether they're here to impersonate you or to use your name for personal gains, anyways as precautionary measures may I suggest you either write in your signature you own only one account, or if signature space is not free, use the space below avatar to let people know.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 08:48:15 AM

Hey people copying other people names is common on forums,
It really isn't. I know because there is a whole litter of Foxpups skulking around the Internet, but there's very rarely more than one of us on any given site. Even on a site as populous as this one, the presence of two Foxpups is unusual enough to be noteworthy. (Incidentally, the fact that the other Foxpup has recently become active again after 5 years is less noteworthy than it appears. Foxpups just do that from time to time. I've done it myself on other sites. It doesn't mean we've been hacked.)

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Altrust

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 03:48:31 AM

Made them himself so he can talk about himself some more.

I'm not a DT

What a shame.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:23:26 AM

Damn the name JetCash is so popular it has a trademark already, I guess that the ones who will have a problem are the developers of the cryptocurrency, Jetcash, which I assume are the ones who own the newbie accounts who also registered under that name because one of the accounts is on a copper membership already. The way I see it is this is not a matter of impersonation but the fight for the name Jetcash which is being use by other industries already not including cryptocurrencies.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 758

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 01:36:33 PM

Why shame? He aleady doing his contribution is someway for that there is no need for that he need to be DT member to get respected and recognized here.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███