Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:05:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know if someone places a big order  (Read 360 times)
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 09:27:43 AM

I believe you are asking this in the pretext of knowing when a big dump or a big pump is going to happen. Let me give you a straight answer on that as you cant. Whales are not like smallcap traders buying a couple of coins on the popular exchanges. They have their own networks for buying and selling that too mostly through mixers. They want as much anonymity as possible because if they go to exchanges they will face legal problems and KYC which is obviously a problem for a whale.

You have just answered the curiosity of the Op and some members including me. Obviously, mixers further secures the anonymity of identity... Preventing the strenuous exercise of KYC and taxing probably.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 04:26:05 PM

https://twitter.com/whalecalls this twitter address basically lets you know of all the big moves that happens in crypto world.
I do not think it has all the coins you can look for but it has some of the big ones. Bitcoin is the most common one but I have seen ethereum and XRP there as well and I think LTC too.

It was basically there that I saw the 30 thousand bitcoin sold during the hash war crisis times and the bitcoin price went down and it was this twitter that I saw big whales collecting like 5 thousand bitcoins a day for a while so they could take advantage of the price drop we have right now. You can check it anytime you want constantly because it shows whenever something happens instantly, I think they have some api type of deal with big places that shows it on twitter directly.
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2018, 06:48:21 PM

I have not found an accurate channel about it, but I can see the potential for large orders from https://t.me/whale_alert, there are large transactions between the wallet and more connected with the wallet of the exchange user, the next thing is the potential crypto traded and we can guess the various possibilities that occur.
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 07:15:36 AM

Is there a way that I can know if some whale has just place a large order in any exchange in the world without a need to check all them every time, is there any indicator?
I heard from someone that most the times whales now go through black market so that people won’t know when they buy and sell, so that they won’t be able to predict what’s about to happen next. But when whales buy you will that the price will start to go up immediately and other investors will also follow up and start investing their money which will cause the market price to further increase.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 08:47:14 AM

I have not found an accurate channel about it, but I can see the potential for large orders from https://t.me/whale_alert, there are large transactions between the wallet and more connected with the wallet of the exchange user, the next thing is the potential crypto traded and we can guess the various possibilities that occur.
Please stop listening to these telegram alert/signal/pump and dump groups. They never give you anything that is verifiable and try to pull off tricks  by making false information seem legit in front of newbies who enter the market. Let me tell you the truth, the owners of these groups simply pump or dump their coins and create a false sense of supply or demand when in reality they did nothing but instill panic in the minds of the followers.

They will dump when you are told to pump or vice-versa, thus making you hold a shitcoin when you lose your bitcoin. Plainly its a type of a market manipulation scam.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 10:32:36 AM

If you know how stop limit works, you will be able to find if someone is placing a big order if that particular number repeatedly showing from time to time. If there will be a huge buy or sell wall followed by another big number, that also an indication that someone is requesting a big order. This is also base on my observation and i know that someone can ride to the same number of requested price. I maybe wrong but i could say that a sell or a buy wall is a great indication.
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 10:49:45 AM

It all depends on which exchange you are trading, as some exchanges they allow to do inside trading , so you will see that the big order is placed and immediately it gets executed. So this type of trade can also be know as manipulation of coin price. Apart from that no one can know how the big orders are moving.

nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:39:32 AM

The best way you might be able to get to know that is to utilize the order book, but looking at the way that can easily be manipulated in the crypto space, I would not say it is something you should completely rely on. The only indicator you can make use of when it comes to price action and the huge order placed is to make use of the volume bars. In that way, when big money enters a particular market, you will see the huge volume of buy in, which in a way is a strategy to follow the whales.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:44:17 AM

Sometimes, I notice that the “whales” don’t buy in a bulk amount. Instead, I see smaller amounts of buy order being placed and refilled once it is fulfilled. So it can be difficult to track. Nevertheless, I think you should be able to code a bot tracking such big orders for you.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

tosmartak

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 08:16:56 AM

Is there a way that I can know if some whale has just place a large order in any exchange in the world without a need to check all them every time, is there any indicator?
There is no such indicator that I know of. Some exchanges allow the orderbooks to be seen by other traders and directly take those orders if they wish to.

I believe you are asking this in the pretext of knowing when a big dump or a big pump is going to happen. Let me give you a straight answer on that as you cant. Whales are not like smallcap traders buying a couple of coins on the popular exchanges. They have their own networks for buying and selling that too mostly through mixers. They want as much anonymity as possible because if they go to exchanges they will face legal problems and KYC which is obviously a problem for a whale.
Not so sure, but is that not something that can easily be visible with the volume chart. Most of the time, when a big whale enters the market, you pretty much will see a huge volume spike on the volume indicator and that I believe is something that could be more reliable than order book but still does not mean that gives a straight ticket for a bull run based on the fact that market can be manipulated. At least, even for big markets, it has worked a lot, which is more like trying to tag along with the big moneys.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 08:18:13 AM

You can use

https://tucsky.github.io/SignificantTrades/#

Which basically shows any large trades happening on various exchanges, if you go to settings you can configure what thresholds you want to see.

A little disclaimer, this won't always help you. Because most large whales use hidden orders and they break down their trades in small batches not to get detected. Also you have no idea if someone is longing to open a new position or just cover a short.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Jahmal32
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 10:09:39 PM

Now the exchanges use hidden orders, so a large player can be difficult to calculate. We can assume the entry of a major player either by tape or by volume. That would be more accurate. But the question is, do you have the skill to read the tape?
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 02:39:34 PM

Like you , I also don't know how to foresee it . Sometimes, I am afraid that the price of my coins are having some malicious trading activities if someone places a big order that can easily manipulate the price. If someone can help us about our misfortune about trading , I hope they can share their ideas on us.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Xardasim

Activity: 1624

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 09:54:39 PM

It is not convincing that any whale sells great amounts of BTC in the same order. So it is more logical to divide orders into smaller pieces. Maybe it is possible to follow but it will be difficult to find out who is whale.
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 02:54:38 PM

You can use

https://tucsky.github.io/SignificantTrades/#

Which basically shows any large trades happening on various exchanges, if you go to settings you can configure what thresholds you want to see.

A little disclaimer, this won't always help you. Because most large whales use hidden orders and they break down their trades in small batches not to get detected. Also you have no idea if someone is longing to open a new position or just cover a short.

Oh, this is a piece of a good work! It will probably not help in trading but it is nice example of a clear and understandable 'web app' design. Kudos to the creator(s)!
hermankoles

Activity: 275
Merit: 1

https://customcontract.network

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:13:04 AM

I don't know anything else but I have a telegram link that provides a large number of indicators of purchases and sales that are done quickly in a short period of time on binary trading. I am not sure it is the act of whales. this alan provides a realtime picture of current trade trends. http://t.me/WhaleSniper

✮✮❯✮❯✮❯ CCN-CUSTOMCONTRACT.NETWORK ❮✮❮✮❮✮❮✮✮   (https://customcontract.network//)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: