Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:20:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what do you think about using renewable energy sources?  (Read 174 times)
MollyWalk01 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 12:34:58 PM

I was talking about renewable energy sources a lot during my classes at the university, but do you think it is possible to use only renewable energy or not?
jeanetteLine

Activity: 142

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 12:46:08 PM

Of course. It even points to use renewable energy resource. We can indicate a few types of them, which are the most important:
1. Wind energy
2. Solar energy 
3. Hydro energy
More about it, you can find here: https://www.cyberius.com/types-of-renewable-energy/
Iwillgotothemoon

Activity: 171
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 12:53:37 PM

The so-called renewable energy is a false proposition. In fact, any energy can be regenerated, but it takes longer.
If we can use existing energy in a efficient way and reasonably control the population on the planet, then I think our existing energy is actually enough.
In fact, in most cases, the energy shortage we are facing now is not caused by the bloated population, but more because our energy use is too low.
So the key to solving our current energy problems is to explore more efficient energy use patterns or to try synthetic energy.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
omegasoldier

Activity: 179

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 02:29:53 PM

They are certainly good ways to rich energy efficiency, but they`re mostly implemented by European countries, where ecological situation is not that grave.
The main point is implementation of renewable energy sources by the main pollution contributors: mainly, China. Now I don`t see how renewable low efficiency sources can make for the demand of such country.
Zayn_Nazy

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 04:56:47 PM

I think each of them has different strengths and weaknesses. So I think it is better to use different types of renewable energy to gain more benefits. Because that can help to overcome the weaknesses of each other.
ClockworkTrader

Activity: 213

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 06:10:44 PM

They are still way too inefficient if compared to traditional sources.
Their time will come, so far this technology is too raw.
Lintormi

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 09:27:24 AM

There is no why only renewable, I think you can use all sources, but it should be done for reasonable purposes and then when it is necessary, because now all will not be able to switch to other sources of energy.
rakokiller1

Activity: 159
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 04:09:12 PM

It is, and I believe we are slowly moving in that direction. Thanks to Elon Musk and everyone else who keeps pointing out the importancy of this.
ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2018, 08:32:29 PM

I think it is the future, our technology would improve to the point where we would be able to optimize renewable energy sources to such an efficient degree that it would be sufficient to replace the need for all non-renewable energy sources.

aplistir

Activity: 378
Merit: 197

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 08:48:57 PM

do you think it is possible to use only renewable energy or not?
In some countries it would be possible. Eg. Spain has lots of sunshine, so solar power would work.

But it does not. Spanish politicians decided people have to be PUNISHED for being ecological and owning solar panels. And that is why (free) solar power, after counting solar power tax, is more expensive than bought electricity (which is about 22 c/kWh)

Otherwise Spanish electric companies would lose profits and they would not be able to invest in their electric grid and power plants etc...  Talk about corruption Sad

It seems you always have to take politicians into your calculations. They can be quite surprising.

My Address: 121f7zb2U4g9iM4MiJTDhEzqeZGHzq5wLh
Hypoluxy

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2018, 11:52:39 PM

It's not sustainable to use renewable energy exclusively. They are a great addition to help reduce the pace of GCC though.
sodalime

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:47:09 AM

It's not sustainable to use renewable exclusively, at our current rates. But over time things will shift, battery storage technology will play a big part in the future in stabilising energy production. As well as better efficiencies in renewable.

Although the biggest thing will be more people shifting to more efficient energy use cases. The irony considering that we are in a bitcoin forum, that cryptocurrency is actually such a big waste of energy. The price of a bitcoin, can be somewhat tied to the difficulty in acquiring (i.e. the energy cost).
joker6756

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 03:00:21 PM

Not right now for sure, but I believe in the future we will get there for sure since... you know... dead dinozaurs are not endless.
Elliot82

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 01:37:28 AM

I think this is something that every government and every country should take advantage of. There is a very huge potential in getting renewable energy resources in almost all areas of the globe which is more richer and cheaper and the benefits it could bring to the environment is priceless. The only people who wouldn't want this to happen are the oligarchs and greedy people who are in control because of their oil.
warhog15

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 02:37:09 AM

I think life will get even better because it is cheaper to harness renewable energy and there a lot of natural resources where we can get this from. It will be very beneficial for the people and for the government.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: