Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:49:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who would actually believe celebs promoting crypto?  (Read 24503 times)
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 09:57:20 PM

Eventually, many people have the so called "Bandwagon Effect", they buy things that being used or promoted by their idols in showbiz. They like to know more things about the celebs. Moreover, ICO promotions have been the way of these celebs to attract people specially their fans to buy tokens. They can influence this industry through their fame and I believe that they conveying people for money and succesion of the project.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 10:08:33 PM

Well they are not the only celebrities promoting about ICOs and cryptocurrencies. I have seen some and I'm not sure if they are aware that what they are promoting is a real project or they are just concern of their pay  for their promotions. The truth is seeing a popular person promoting a certain cryptocurrency gives a big impact to that project. People are thinking that because they believe in that celeb they ought to believe also to what he is talking about. It somehow build trust in the part of the investors to the project the celeb is promoting. 

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Ezenwanyi1
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

Veil

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 01:18:41 PM

I am sure so many fake coins and projects would be hiding behind these celebrates shilling their coins and defrauding unsuspecting investors. On a close look, I do not want to believe that these celebrities ate aware that the coins being shilled are shit coins .
So we should cut them some slack until it's proven that they ate aware.
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 06:50:59 AM

I am sure so many fake coins and projects would be hiding behind these celebrates shilling their coins and defrauding unsuspecting investors. On a close look, I do not want to believe that these celebrities ate aware that the coins being shilled are shit coins .
So we should cut them some slack until it's proven that they ate aware.

Hmm you have a point in your opinion I encounter a project that introduce by "Fake celebrity" I tried to research the background and goals of the project then noticing that this project are fake no celebrity involve at first.
Well being popularity of cryptocurrency no doubt even celebrities are encourage to enter in cryptoworld even without knowning the risky they will encounter.

MiguelCryptoss

Activity: 244
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 07:48:00 AM

DJ Khaled and Mayweather had an issue about shilling an ICO. And other celebrities hyping or promoting scam coins. Who would actually rely on their words? If you're listening to celebs then you are not ready for this type of market at all.
Celebs are the.most stupid individuals who can do anything for them to get rich and to get fame, so, don't trust them either. Some of them.promoting shade coins just to be rewarded make them to be desperate to achieve their selfish goal to other detriment.
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 07:51:24 AM

We are always advice not to rely on the advice of others when it comes to cryptocurrencies investment cause it can be misleading, we have seen a lot of celeb promoting one cryptocurrency or the other but the fact is to make the right decision we must carry out our own research about a coin before we invest otherwise we may be mislead by hype and speculation.
Tipify.gg

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 07:59:40 AM

Funny thing is that these celebrities don't even know the first thing about crypto. As long as they get paid, the story ends there. I wouldn't listen to them if they promoted fiat currencies  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
aioc

Activity: 2940
Merit: 567

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 10:00:48 AM

DJ Khaled and Mayweather had an issue about shilling an ICO. And other celebrities hyping or promoting scam coins. Who would actually rely on their words? If you're listening to celebs then you are not ready for this type of market at all.

If you are very much into Cryptocurrency you will not look at those celebrities promoting cryptocurrency but rather you will look at the platform and their roadmap, you will not rely on other people to look on where and what you should invest in, it's a complete disaster if you do that.

xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 10:11:58 AM

I'm just wondering how many people believe in those celebs,
I mean we all know that they have plenty of followers ,
The problem is if a well known people would say something their follower would believe it.

kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 02:06:20 PM

usually celebrity just want to promote when they get the endorsement, and i think that bitcoin will never endorse anyone to promote bitcoin, so if there are many celebrity that endorse bitcoin or cryptocurrency i think they promote for other platform or they want to share to another people

Sebas.tian

Activity: 2058
Merit: 165

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 03:49:03 PM

Their fans might believe since buying the same things your idols have would make you feel you share a certain connection with them. Endorsements like these though is not an effective way in the long run since first, promote ICOS--which we know that has quite a reputation when it comes to dumping. So people brought by that endorsement would think that this kind of trend in the ICO space is the norm for all crypto market.

XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 03:56:00 PM

Celebrities are the last people I'd listen to when it comes to finance. You can't even trust them with product endorsements - they'd endorse anything even if they are not using it as long as they get paid. Likely what also happens with ICOs for alts.

Agreed with you, Celebrities are too cautions of money and fame, they can promote any shading program in the name of financial reward. Have seen some celeb who sold out their trust just to get financial rewards, this attitude is very much found among celebrities, so, never take their words because they could be endangering potentials investors.     

angel55

Activity: 630
Merit: 172

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 03:58:30 PM

Celebrities will promote anything for money and they rarely use the product themselves.

We have people like Lebron James promoting Kia, do you really he thinks he drives a Kia around?

Especially Mayweather, this guy loves money and material possessions so he won't turn down anything.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 04:05:27 PM

What do you expect from Floyd, he worship money.

Celebs are always going to get paid for promoting something, they will even be paid for tweeting on their channel e.g. John Mcafee though he seem to be involve very much in cryptocurencies but he still is considered a celebrity and some of his followers worship this guy. Anything he says can impact what people will think of a project and you can see this from the previous projects he shills.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
michellee

Activity: 2814
Merit: 844

BetFury.com Cryptodrop 🌔 Share $20 MLN in

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 04:50:47 PM

usually celebrity just want to promote when they get the endorsement, and i think that bitcoin will never endorse anyone to promote bitcoin, so if there are many celebrity that endorse bitcoin or cryptocurrency i think they promote for other platform or they want to share to another people

We are here to endorsement bitcoin to be known by the public, and we spread all things related to bitcoin using social media, news and article, video, and else. But for the other project, I think some of them use celebs to help them promote the project, so people will know that the project was launch. I think the project needs to pay the celebs because the celebs will use their fans to promote widely.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
Ahiaba

Activity: 447
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 05:07:39 PM

We are here to endorsement bitcoin to be known by the public, and we spread all things related to bitcoin using social media, news and article, video, and else. But for the other project, I think some of them use celebs to help them promote the project, so people will know that the project was launch. I think the project needs to pay the celebs because the celebs will use their fans to promote widely.

Definitely the project will pay those celebrity that helped in promotion, but there is one question i ask; for celebrity to promote the coins, will it give it express to be successful?  Of recent there were coins that celebrities promoted during their ICO and those coins all end in dust and scam. Celebrities can do anything for monetary gains even though they are not investing into that coins, just doing it to earn. 
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 05:31:25 PM

I totally agree with this. Promoting the ICO using the popularity of the celebrity is very effective for advertising especially if that celebrity is well known and also have good investments in cryptocurrency. As well as manny pacquiao when he fight he uses the logo of the ICO to promote and thats the thing why it is good.
kurian

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 05:46:15 PM

Yes you are right, there is no point buying products or following investment ideas from celebrities. But, we can't ignore the fact that, they could introduce the product to a large audience. They could grab peoples attention. In ICO's case shilling makes projects popular and eventually investors would be interested in popular projects. That is why we have seen many people following celebs and famous investors.

bestiya

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 05:57:51 PM

Celebrities will advertise anything. After all, they get a fee for this and, moreover, not a bad amount. So why not earn a little, and even remind yourself through advertising. After all, they get paid for advertising immediately and with money, and not tokens like bounty hunters

Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 06:28:13 PM

If you are very much into Cryptocurrency you will not look at those celebrities promoting cryptocurrency but rather you will look at the platform and their roadmap, you will not rely on other people to look on where and what you should invest in, it's a complete disaster if you do that.
Of course we will have to trust and value our own observation because even if celebrities are promoting something but it is not sure that if they use it personally or doing it only for money, but still many celebrities are using and investing in crypto currency which is good for both the coin and the celebrity, for me I think to some extent they can take part good part in development of crypto currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: