Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:40:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: House Democrats unveil their first bill in the majority. Targeting corruption!  (Read 156 times)
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 04:22:19 PM

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/11/30/18118158/house-democrats-anti-corruption-bill-hr-1-pelosi

This is quite interesting.

Creating new national automatic voter registration that asks voters to opt out, rather than opt in, ensuring more people will be signed up to vote. Early voting and online voting would also be promoted.

Opt-out rather than opt-in is a huge game changer in of itself. Let alone all the other changes...

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 08:29:22 PM

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/11/30/18118158/house-democrats-anti-corruption-bill-hr-1-pelosi

This is quite interesting.

Creating new national automatic voter registration that asks voters to opt out, rather than opt in, ensuring more people will be signed up to vote. Early voting and online voting would also be promoted.

Opt-out rather than opt-in is a huge game changer in of itself. Let alone all the other changes...

LOL you can bet the GOP sure as shit won't like this hahaha, There is already too many people voting and even more voters in general is disastrous for the GOP and they fucking well know it!
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 08:54:11 PM

LOL you can bet the GOP sure as shit won't like this hahaha, There is already too many people voting and even more voters in general is disastrous for the GOP and they fucking well know it!

The article mentions isn't unlikely to pass due to the GOP control of the Senate. Really, it just highlights how Democrats are working to fix corruption while the GOP is actively working to encourage corruption.

dogtana

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 06:05:16 AM

The fight against corruption should be universal. I don't see how any party can be against such fight and still stand. They don't want to be known as pro corruption, do they?

Of course, Instead of being straightforward against the bill, they might make up excuses as to what is "wrong" with the bill. That it doesn't solve anything, it is too long, too short or whatever. My imagination is not that good so I will watch and see.
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 01:28:12 PM

The fight against corruption should be universal. I don't see how any party can be against such fight and still stand. They don't want to be known as pro corruption, do they?

Of course, Instead of being straightforward against the bill, they might make up excuses as to what is "wrong" with the bill. That it doesn't solve anything, it is too long, too short or whatever. My imagination is not that good so I will watch and see.

This is going to be exactly it. Even though they'll demand bipartisanship; Democrats will fold to all GOP demands effectively neutering the bill.

bluefirecorp_ (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 01:46:54 PM

This is going to be exactly it. Even though they'll demand bipartisanship; Democrats will fold to all GOP demands effectively neutering the bill.

I mean what ever is going on is irrelevant, if the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA can't solve the epstein case, it's defcon 0 in china.

You do know the justice and political systems of America were purposely built to be slow? Right? This way, innocent individuals aren't sentenced to jail.

Once the Trump administration falls, more crimes will be found in the Trump administration. Pretty sure they were serious about "draining the swamp" by filling the White House and associated positions with their dirty individuals.

This anti-corruption bill will help out Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: