Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:39:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SPECIAL AUCTION] Special Auction for 3x Denarium Gold Bar 2018  (Read 1525 times)
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 08:50:34 PM

Denarium, it often times looks suspicious to some people when newbie accounts come in and make large raises like that.. we understand that based on where you guys are located there may be names that just lurk and don't post so much in the english-speaking dominated forum.. just imagine if you had left trust with him 11months ago stating he bid and paid, transaction went smooth.. this wouldn't even pop up as questionable. use the forum's tools to your advantage.

I appreciate this feedback and we will definitely consider improvements to increase trust.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kebab77

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 07:58:42 AM

As far as I can tell, I only outbid the top bids by the minimum amount ... if I did this wrong somehow, I apologise
I just wanted first choice for the serial number
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 03:28:58 PM

As far as I can tell, I only outbid the top bids by the minimum amount ... if I did this wrong somehow, I apologise
I just wanted first choice for the serial number
Nothing to do with your bidding procedure. It's just suspicious when a Newbie account participates in an auction for obvious reason: anyone can register the account.

A-10

Activity: 177
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 06:41:47 PM

Denarium, it often times looks suspicious to some people when newbie accounts come in and make large raises like that.. we understand that based on where you guys are located there may be names that just lurk and don't post so much in the english-speaking dominated forum.. just imagine if you had left trust with him 11months ago stating he bid and paid, transaction went smooth.. this wouldn't even pop up as questionable. use the forum's tools to your advantage.

I appreciate this feedback and we will definitely consider improvements to increase trust.

I agree with this, it seems that these accounts only come out to bid on Denarium auctions. There were many things that I was wanting to bid on but will not participate because of of the fear of getting bid up. I raised this issue and an auction here recently which I continue to bid in until a other account came in and started bidding that only bids on their auctions. I know for a fact it cost them money knowing what I was prepared to bid. I'm not saying that anyting fishy is going on, I'm just saying I'm not betting against 2 newbie accounts or any other accounts that just bid on their stuff with no interaction with the community outside of that. I do not post a lot myself so I do have an understanding there but at least I have some kind of History with multiple and different transactions.
teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 06:47:28 PM

I agree with this, it seems that these accounts only come out to bid on Denarium auctions. There were many things that I was wanting to bid on but will not participate because of of the fear of getting bid up. I raised this issue and an auction here recently which I continue to bid in until a other account came in and started bidding that only bids on their auctions. I know for a fact it cost them money knowing what I was prepared to bid. I'm not saying that anyting fishy is going on, I'm just saying I'm not betting against 2 newbie accounts or any other accounts that just bid on their stuff with no interaction with the community outside of that. I do not post a lot myself so I do have an understanding there but at least I have some kind of History with multiple and different transactions.

We have always seen the same with the BTCC Mint auctions. Denarium being based in Finland and BTCC Mint 'was' based in China, you never know if they put out Facebook ads or tv commercial slots or the equivalent in their local forms of social media. This brings newbie accounts here and maybe we as the skeptics (its not a bad thing to be one) need to establish an unofficial official rule or two for future auctions, something easy to follow and easy to abide by.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 07:22:16 PM

Some good points have been made. I don't plan on selling anything in the near future but I would most likely only allow bids from new accounts who had bought Copper membership. That does not prevent shill bidding but does indicate the buyer is more serious about collecting.

Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 05:56:36 PM

We have always seen the same with the BTCC Mint auctions. Denarium being based in Finland and BTCC Mint 'was' based in China, you never know if they put out Facebook ads or tv commercial slots or the equivalent in their local forms of social media. This brings newbie accounts here and maybe we as the skeptics (its not a bad thing to be one) need to establish an unofficial official rule or two for future auctions, something easy to follow and easy to abide by.

The company behind Denarium, Prasos, has multiple business lines in the crypto space with Denarium being actually the smallest one. Prasos has over 80000 customers in its services at large and especially recently (due to Christmas), and this being an important auction, Denarium stuff has been pretty much pushed through all the other services of Prasos as well. That's basically the reason for the newbie accounts, as these are promoted outside Bitcointalk quite a bit.

In this auction there actually wasn't any true new accounts which was a bit surprising to me. The winner, even though technically a newbie account, has bid (and won) in our auctions previously.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: