Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:06:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should ICOs be regulated  (Read 24149 times)
SixFigures

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 06:34:54 PM

Absolutely not, regulation is harmful and does not affect scam. Scammers will find a way to bypass the regulation and we will just get extra difficulties.
We dont need no regulation.

Without any regulation whatsoever this is going to end badly. You do need some regulation. Sure scammers will keep scamming, but that will be the case forever.
And so the ICO is dying and in 2019 I believe more ICOs will fail. ICO is just a scam and they will do everything differently to overcome the rules if there are any rules

ICO are not a scam per se, but regrettably many of them turned out to be a scam or very close to a scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LetsHodl

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 06:45:16 PM

No icos should not be regulated as the whole point of crypto is to be decentralized and not have anyone control what you can or can't do.
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1148
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2019, 06:52:33 PM

I think yes, ICOs should come under regulations authority. In 2018 and early this year, we have seen many ICOs showcased them as a true crypto project, how legit they are and false marketing and advertising. But at the end when investors after investing their money, realized that the same project is scam. In such cases there is no way but to forget the investment.
Regulations will definitely consider all topics which will increase the confidence level of investors.
This is must I say.

Peruvyn

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2019, 07:16:50 PM
Merited by supermine (1)

I want ICO to be regulated but I will prefer a regulatory option within the industry. It will be good if we can self regulate it without giving our liberty to the conventional system that we are running from. I think Daico will be good for the industry

BLOCKMASON LINK
Create Web APIs From Any Smart Contract
karankamaze

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 07:35:45 PM

There is no need for a strict regulation of ICOs but what can be done is that all funds should be paid to an escrow so that in an event that the project becomes unsuccessful, the escrow pays back to the investors. There is no need for governmental agencies to come in this. We can agree to do this simple.
it won't be as simple as you think because fraud on the internet is very easy to do.
I think the ICO must be regulated in terms of the authenticity of the document and also the authenticity of the project.
and there must be sanctions if the team does not return investor funds if their project fails.
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 08:00:09 PM

Your question is suggesting an answer. There is a demand for reasonable ICO regulation, and I guess it comes from both investors, and companies. Everybody would rather invest in institutionally stable environment. However, as we see in common financial assets, rempant regulation leads to lower profits, more bureaucracy and even moral hazard.
Can regulation actually come from investors and companies? We are entering the phase where institutional token could take over but now we dont know the weakness of the development. The space is undergoing growth at different aspect and I think regulation will come through the growth process and its weakness. ICO will see a lot of regulations in coming year and this will bring a lot confidence to the ICO and investors.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 08:48:10 PM

Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?
The process of conducting an ICO needed to be regulated from the very beginning of this type of activity. Now this activity would not be in such a deplorable state. The ICO teams are now so insolent with their various requirements, including compulsory registration on their various sites, the implementation of positive feedback from others, that practically should be regarded as involving bounty hunters in fraud. The establishment of normal rights and obligations between bounty hunters and the ICO team is long overdue, and only a third, neutral party can do that. Apparently, this should be a government agency.
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 10:37:54 PM

I am personally of the opinion that ICOs seriously needs regulations, because the rate of ICOs scam is very alarming. This will continue to discourage investors from the crypto market. I invested over $1000 in an ico last year and I just found out it is scam, I felt really bad about it and I vowed to myself that I will never invest in ICOs again, unless the ICO market is seriously regulated

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 10:55:48 PM

in my opinion it will be very difficult for ICO to get regulation, unless the ICO is issued by the state.. we all know that cryptocurrencies are still illegal in almost all countries, they are still studying it.

and many scam projects in the past few months I think are caused by prices that continue to fall, so the developer cannot take advantage of the increase in the price of cryptocurrencies invested by investors.

bestiya

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 11:19:37 PM

After all, now it is not a secret to anyone that the ICO market is flooded with scammers. And that is why today, many ICO projects have failed, and investors have suffered serious losses. I think that in the near future it will be the regulation and tightening of the rules for ICO that will become more ambitious,
and countries will begin to interact with each other in these matters.
Cryptrx

Activity: 498

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 11:24:43 PM

Yes. We have suffered a lot of moral losses over time and it's evident also in ICOs, people don't consider what their actions might cause others and it is bad. Many investors who had fallen victim to these people could have been protected were ICOs regulated and the scammers in turn face prosecution.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
Jpti

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 07:17:44 AM

I also give my 100 percent agreement to your proposal. The only way to stem scammers and protect investors and bounty hunters is regulate ICOs so scammers are discouraged. The market is filled with scammers placing their traps to hook potential investors. So it is high time putting regulations in place. After all, regulations will do good to cryptocurrency.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
yeniruieni

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 07:46:25 AM

Yes, I strongly agree if a group is made whose task is to audit each ICO. So that the newly emerging ICO or ongoing ICO can continue to be monitored. And if the ICO is proven to be fraudulent, of course, it can be informed in this forum. And this will greatly ensure that many people can get reliable ICO.
donaltrump8

Activity: 142

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 04:54:43 AM

I think ICOs can not be regulated because no one can not control cryptpcurrency, if it happens, it will remove a lot of fraudulent projects in crypto market and it will be a good sign for investors.
shillerguy020

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:52:35 PM

This issue has been raised many times and almost all people agree that the regulation is necessary as air, otherwise this sphere of investment will soon fall to the bottom and the way back will be incredibly difficult

Tahdayi

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 07:32:22 PM

Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?
In recent years, I think the ico will disappear soon , as very now strongly develop some IPO exchanges, and in particular binance all projects collect hardcap !

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
nik9990

Activity: 616

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 07:38:25 PM

this is a good idea, but I think that it is still not clear how to implement it, many projects collect funds and cannot be regulated

bartusv

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 09:49:17 PM

It will be tough to regulate ICOs  but that would be for a common good of crypto space. Somehow to insure that investors and hunters won`t be scammed. I think in the future there will be global solution for that.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 10:24:58 PM

I think regulation is really necessary to protect investors from scam.. yes we lost some privacy with KYC but if everything is regulated we are safer and maybe investors will come back to invest in ICO market that is in a big crysis since months.
Sarastiche

Activity: 532

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 10:26:03 PM

ICO  regulation is sure the way to avoid ad reduce the numbers of scam and  fake ICO developers we have here, Regulation and  policy formulation is the way out,with this in place we can be sure to have more adoptors in the CRYPTO world .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: