Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:03:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Buy the dip" is only a strategy for losers  (Read 25221 times)
pundit

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 04:21:53 PM

We see it every time Bitcoin goes to a new lower level.

Bitcoin "believers" will hurry to say "buy the dip" and "just wait it will come back"

Reality is that every dip is a new lower level - and after that comes another dip...and another.

In the beginning of 2017 very few people had Bitcoin - and therefore the price could quickly move up as a large number of people with zero financial understanding started buying Bitcoin.

Now a large number of people with zero understanding has Bitcoin and price moves down - there are no more new fools to get into Bitcoin to ever pump it again.

"Buy the dip" is something only fools believe - and as can be seen in here there are unfortunately many fools in here who do not understand that their money is already lost

Its "buy the dip" not 'catching the falling knife' try to understand difference between both these quotes, if you try to catch the falling knife you will definitely get hurt, rest about holding Bitcoin, believe me even 2% of total population in the world is really aware about bitcoin, I doubt, so it is irrelevant to say that there is no one to hold or buy it further. market crash is very normal, just accept it and wait for the right opportunity.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cabron

Activity: 2800
Merit: 595

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 04:35:29 PM

Yup someone who had bought BTC while the price is $19K should probably realize that long time ago. If I have the money today I would have to wait for another 6 months to a year before trying to invest again. It doesn't matter whether the price goes up or down from now on, what I think one should find out is whether everything clam down already. You you need not to buy the dip.

sysoe

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 04:42:16 PM

No, it is  not a strategy for losers. It can help you make use of the falls and thus make personal gain in terms of ROI.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 04:44:50 PM

Yup someone who had bought BTC while the price is $19K should probably realize that long time ago. If I have the money today I would have to wait for another 6 months to a year before trying to invest again. It doesn't matter whether the price goes up or down from now on, what I think one should find out is whether everything clam down already. You you need not to buy the dip.

Realize what ? That they are too dumb to bought btc while it is on pump ? Also ,   You dont need to wait for everything to calm down before you decide to buy because that wont happen . you know mate , cryptos are volatile and they will work this way which means they wont calm down forever .

Buying the dip isnt also for dumbs but it is for wise and smart people because we do save alot of money as when compared to buying when the value is high .  
kabum21

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 04:46:38 PM

Actually in this market you can not know what will happen, I also have hope that everything will recover soon, but I would not advise anyone to buy at this time, as things do not look very good for bitcon, perhaps the wisest thing would be to wait a few months to see how the market recovers.
GreatBug

Activity: 629
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 05:02:09 PM

No strategy is bad if it works!
If someone "is buying the dip" a moment after the bubble burst, he is stupid or does not know what he is doing - so is stupid.  Wink
The trading strategy should be choosen to the market phase. If someone does not know how to use them, and does so, then we can call him a fool.
In many market phases "buying the dip" can be very good choice.
RonF

Activity: 98

HODL is the key to wealth

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 12:17:40 AM

Most people are poor investors in anything from stocks to education, to family and friend selection.  Fact is bitcoin has been dipping off and on for a decade only to suddenly make new impressive highs.

Simply look at a graph at bitcoin prices over the last ten years and be a judge for yourself.

Don't "buy the dip" and stay poor.  There remain plenty of jobs at McDonalds and similar low paying places where you can settle comfortably drinking beer in front of your television at night.

HODL is the key to wealth
BAGOBO
Legendary

Activity: 1163
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 03:32:13 AM

it is the most appropriate strategy for us. we will get a bitcoin at the lowest price level and we wait until the price rises again at the highest level. everyone must do something like that. we must be smart and intelligent in making decisions and must choose the moment to sell and buy.
wait a while the market hasn't shown a recovery, who knows the price is still moving down so that it can get bitcoin cheaply. anyone can not provide certainty about the price of bitcoin going up or down in the future so you have to think seriously about the steps that will be taken.
NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 03:53:41 AM

I myself did not expect the movement of bitcoin as fast as this, and the price of bitcoin today is far below my previous prediction, but this is not a rare thing because it is common in the world of bitcoin to move up and down dramatically.

burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 04:54:36 AM

The price of the bitcoin can changing that is true but we just can't know where to stop. It can be $1 just like 9 years ago or reach $20k just 1 year ago.. Buying from deep is not the strategy for the looser i think this is better buying then the expensive price. The main thing is decide. If you invest you have to stand to your decision behind. Otherwise you would be looser.
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2018, 07:05:07 AM

We see it every time Bitcoin goes to a new lower level.

Bitcoin "believers" will hurry to say "buy the dip" and "just wait it will come back"

Reality is that every dip is a new lower level - and after that comes another dip...and another.

In the beginning of 2017 very few people had Bitcoin - and therefore the price could quickly move up as a large number of people with zero financial understanding started buying Bitcoin.

Now a large number of people with zero understanding has Bitcoin and price moves down - there are no more new fools to get into Bitcoin to ever pump it again.

"Buy the dip" is something only fools believe - and as can be seen in here there are unfortunately many fools in here who do not understand that their money is already lost

"buy the dip" still attracts someone or several groups of people to buy cheaper than it should be when indeed the price is cheap, they will wait even cheaper and continuously like that, so indirectly making a dump price, when the price is a dump, it will be very difficult to recover then they tried FOMO in various ways
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 07:43:43 AM

Most people are poor investors in anything from stocks to education, to family and friend selection.  Fact is bitcoin has been dipping off and on for a decade only to suddenly make new impressive highs.

Simply look at a graph at bitcoin prices over the last ten years and be a judge for yourself.

Don't "buy the dip" and stay poor.  There remain plenty of jobs at McDonalds and similar low paying places where you can settle comfortably drinking beer in front of your television at night.

The fact that it's a decade old already and global scale really does change the proposition though. The upside potential simply isn't the same as it once was just due to the fact that the global economy itself isn't unlimited.
thankyoulord

Activity: 475

Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2018, 07:19:12 PM

you right but then when all those who had no concrete understanding about bitcoin sell off their bitcoins because of panic, prices will begin to normalize and come back up. we just have to wait and be patient

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 09:51:30 PM

No strategy is bad if it works!
If someone "is buying the dip" a moment after the bubble burst, he is stupid or does not know what he is doing - so is stupid.  Wink
The trading strategy should be choosen to the market phase. If someone does not know how to use them, and does so, then we can call him a fool.
In many market phases "buying the dip" can be very good choice.
I agree. The idea of buying in dip is not for fool people because fool do not get in the market, they are people who wants to gain from lose. They want to buy rather than selling which can help for the price to grow because they will hold for that. Buying in dip is an opportunity to them to get huge volume and sell it when it worth good. That decision won't be done by a fool but a person who is making strategy on how to earn bitcoin.

killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 10:09:46 AM

Why you guys keep saying "personally i think it's a dip". Technically speaking since February it's a bear trend and there is not a single reason to see it differently. It will only change when new hype cycle will start like last ICO one but it must be a reason not just some minor news about eft delay etc.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Compiler

Activity: 434
Merit: 86

Community Manager

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 10:16:27 AM

And what happens? Everyone who has invested their money in Bitcoin can obviously do what they want, but if someone has bought a lot, I do not think it's wrong, when bitcoin is so famous and will go back up again. Like last year. You can remove it, or wait.

tunapa

Activity: 667

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 03:48:36 PM

I will say it's a good strategy but not at this period of serial crashes and recurrent dips in the market. During the times when market was stable,  this would have been a good strategy but not now because we don't when the dip will stop,  so it's dangerous to buy now for more dip might come which will cause more loses. 
bitcoinsc

Activity: 439

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 10:29:22 PM

Buy in when it's dead. Everyone seem to claim it's dead. That's when ur hard earn money is a 100% gamble. The dip goes even lower so that's only 70% Gamble. Sure dollar cost average. But remember to claim Bitcoin dead and that's when u can buy in. One news media article will pump it up . Wait till it's dead again.

Ethereum and Uniswap.
Elerntta

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 10:30:17 PM

But I still don't understand why you think this price drop will be the last. I don't see any prerequisites for that. If we take into account the previous schedule of bitcoin development, I think that it will still grow after this fall in prices. ppetomu people being I too have bought a few coins at the current low price. And I don't think I did the wrong thing.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Marbelli

Activity: 182

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 10:32:09 PM

buying something in a similar bear market is really what i think is a failure. wait for more favorable days

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: Dec 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: