Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:09:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interview With Jay Of Coinabul  (Read 3985 times)
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2011, 05:16:39 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2011, 06:17:20 AM by Jonathan Ryan Owens

Jay Shore, managing director of Coinabul, giving us his thoughts on.. Oh wait, no.. He's actually stating on video that I "stole his mining rigs" and then finally slamming his car door into me.

I was trying to give Jay the opportunity to silently handle the libelous claims he's been making about me to others. Instead, he's made a public statement that I stole his mining rigs! This is exactly what I wanted from him.

Proof of ownership is coming in the morning from the investor, who will be making a special trip to Kinkos to scan to PDF all the purchase orders. Further, this post will also have links to all the evidence that Jay, in fact, never owned anything.

Sorry it had to go down this way, Jay. Oh, there's also an interview with one of his "friends".

Interview with Jay of Coinabul: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d46dFmAmnuc
Interview with Brandon about Jay of Coinabul: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bZgEfSd6j8

[edit] I've made Brandon's video private for now. If anyone would like to see it, please PM me. The first video can also go that direction, given an appropriate apology.

Regards,
Jonathan

[edit]

Jay, I'll be waiting for the summons for your lawsuit against me.. I'm assuming it should be coming any day now, right?

[edit]

Letter from the mining rig investor

Paul Schumann
justcallpaul@gmail.com

p.o. box1811
vista ca 92085

November 3, 2011

Jonathan,you asked me about Jason and his part since I met him and how he played in Bitcoin.

When I first met Jason with Bill at the Carlsbad inn we discussed a different program not bit coins and we had a few meeting and during those meetings, I noticed a few things about Jason that were not consistent. He told me things he was going to do, but never had any intention to do, ,,and I can explain if necessary.

Now as far as Bitcoin is concerned, the meeting I had with you and Jason was the beginnings of our venture. Jason told me how he created software for large companies and how he had ownership of other companies he wrote software for. Not being able to check his background I went on your and Bills explanation about Jason. As time followed his actions and input did not meet his reputation. As I was the funding source for the entire Bitcoin venture creating Fallbrook gaming computers and Jason put in nothing I can express my upset when I heard he thought my money was his. I paid for all the equipment that Jason spent many hours determining that was the best return on investment and even placed some of the orders with venders and I paid for them. What burned me a lot was his mathematics on how the equipment was supposed to function. The reason I backed the project was his numbers showed a GOOD RETURN VERSUS cost of equipment monitoring and electricity. Well after Jonathan set up the equipment we found out Jason ordered wrong parts and when it was finally set up which his software program DID NOT WORK. Jonathan had to rewrite it just to get the machines to run. When asked to fixit Jason could not do it. Jonathan SPENT MANY HOURS IN Research and finally fixed it so they would run. Well hundreds of dollars in electricity Later I lost money. We finally had to scrap the project and sell off the equipment and I lost thousands of dollars. Jonathan saved some of the loss by selling the equipment to a big player but Jason’s theories did not work and he never paid for anything and never owned anything. If anything I should sue him for false representation.

In my opinion he talks like he is some amazing programmer but isn’t.

Paul Schumann
Fallbrook gaming computers

Invoices available on request

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Snapman

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2011, 05:30:44 AM

Damn, paints a completely different picture of him :O

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 05:58:14 PM

That interview sure didn't go well for Jay...

(BFL)^2 < 0
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 02:34:57 AM

Wasn't much of an 'interview', if someone came up to me with a video camera i'd be sure to swear my head off too.
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2011, 03:11:24 AM

Wasn't much of an 'interview', if someone came up to me with a video camera i'd be sure to swear my head off too.

Where do you live? I'll come pay you a visit!

Seriously though, thanks for keeping the community honest, SomeoneWeird. Being that you're the Bitcoin Police, I'm glad that you've brought the bit-law to this thread.

It's funny that the only statement that anyone can apparently make in Jay's defense is that you'd do the same thing. From what I know of you, Matthew, and you, SomeoneWeird, you aren't pathological liars, interlopers or (as far as I can tell) entirely unstable. I don't believe that you would act this way on video, but hey - it's awful nice of you to white knight for someone who is a proven liar. It goes a long way to further establishing your neutrality & credibility.

All that matters is that I have Jay dead to rights, on video. He stated for everyone to hear what he's been saying to everyone that will listen. There you go, public proof that he's many things, including an unapologetic liar. Anything else, who cares. His reaction to me was out of his severe discomfort at being confronted in person for lies he knows he's made.

Take care.

-Jonathan

Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2011, 04:25:29 AM

Smoke much crack? Wanna talk about whiteknighting, take a look at the second completely airhead video. Ehat a fucknut. His major proof is how someone dresses. By his standards I'm probably a psychotic killer because of how I walk.

What I'm disappointed at is how unclear this issue already was, and now to have it made even more unclear by you. I don't see a contract. I don't see evidence of anything other than Jay and you needing to learn how to act in public.

Nobody cares about this petty shit. We only care about Atlas. Duh.

Jay had no contract. He wasn't party to any promissory note. He never owned any interest in the mining rigs or venture. Jay has told anyone (including you, Matthew) that will listen ridiculous lies about himself and others (including me).

Anything else you want to point out may be valid, but is irrelevant to the point at hand.

Jay has persisted in slandering and libeling me to others since we parted ways. Jay was obviously hurt, and I remember the look of hatred in his eyes a few months ago when I stood with him in a parking lot, and I let him know that we were parting ways because he had demonstrated severe dishonesty and ineptitude on multiple occasions. Maybe I was too harsh and left him with a vendetta, but I felt so let down that, at the time, I had to speak my mind.

Moving forward to yesterday, I asked him to state something for the camera. For whatever reason, he gave me what I was looking for.

If you or anyone want to check look into it further, you have all the contact information you need in the 1st comment in this post, to send off an email for any proofs you seek. Doubtful you'll bother, but if anyone wants to bother, they're welcome to follow through.

I don't wish harm on Jay, and before I learned from Ken at cryptoXchange that Jay was making serious accusations against me (one of many), I was glad to hear that he'd formed a Bitcoin to Gold exchange. What a cool idea. I figured he'd gotten his shit together, and was succeeding in the world. I was glad for him.

I don't really have anything else to say. If Jay wants to be a man and own up to his actions, it would go a long way. I've never seen him take responsibility for anything ever, though.

Thanks for your thoughts, Matthew.

-Jonathan

SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 04:45:51 AM

Where do you live? I'll come pay you a visit!

Seriously though, thanks for keeping the community honest, SomeoneWeird. Being that you're the Bitcoin Police, I'm glad that you've brought the bit-law to this thread.

It's funny that the only statement that anyone can apparently make in Jay's defense is that you'd do the same thing. From what I know of you, Matthew, and you, SomeoneWeird, you aren't pathological liars, interlopers or (as far as I can tell) entirely unstable. I don't believe that you would act this way on video, but hey - it's awful nice of you to white knight for someone who is a proven liar. It goes a long way to further establishing your neutrality & credibility.

All that matters is that I have Jay dead to rights, on video. He stated for everyone to hear what he's been saying to everyone that will listen. There you go, public proof that he's many things, including an unapologetic liar. Anything else, who cares. His reaction to me was out of his severe discomfort at being confronted in person for lies he knows he's made.

Take care.

-Jonathan

Right, so I commented on this thread, and now i'm in the wrong? Me being part of the Bitcoin Police has nothing todo with my comment, and as you know, we have absolutely no right over anything, whether people listen to us or not is their choice. People come to us if they WANT TO about scams and things, we do this voluntarily, yet you think that we rule over the bitcoin realm.
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2011, 06:05:02 AM

Matthew,

I have no issues at all with you. We've had great conversations. I enjoyed talking to you on the phone, and we've had a few PMs regarding this post and other topics have been pleasant and respectful. I appreciate that.

That you see nothing wrong with Jay telling flat out lies is somewhat problematic, but I do understand your reasons. Bitcoin is larger than one person, and I absolutely agree.

I don't have anything more to say to or about Jay. I made my point, and he either has to admit to others that he's told lies, or fabricate additional twists of reality. I have a gut feeling I know which route he'll take. I wish he'd pick a different, more fruitful path, but only Jay can decide for Jay.

What's done is done. Now I wish him well, and I hope he cleans up his act.

Telling tall, fictional tales about others can have real world consequences, and when you make concerted efforts to assassinate someone's character based on lies, you're not only opening yourself up to civil proceedings, but also to making yourself look ridiculous when you get called out and proven to be a liar.

SomeoneWeird, I know you have no actual authority, but the badge in your signature suggests otherwise. At some point in all human endeavors, a self governing body emerges. My impression is that your involvement and association with the Bitcoin Police would not be without responsibility, otherwise, what's the point? If you are willing to expose yourselves to unintentionally libeling people by labeling them as x or y publicly, you should at least assert some semblance of authority, responsibility, accountability, and uphold basic tenets, such as proper investigative and other protocol. Otherwise, what's the point, exactly?

Anyhow guys, I'm not that interested in bumping this thread repeatedly. I've said my piece, and I've put the truth out there. I feel bad that I apparently hurt Jay's feelings so deeply, and lament his lashing out. I probably could have dealt with him in a more mature way many months ago.

To err is to be human, and Jay never owned any of the equipment in question.

Viva la Bitcoin.

-Jonathan

ovidiusoft

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 11:18:12 AM

If I didn't see the video, I'd say you are all a bunch of 10 year olds. "You stole my mining rig and I'm going to put this online so everyone will know" "Oh yeah? Do that!" Come on guys, this is laughable.

I don't know Jay, I never spoke or written to him, I visited the Coinabul site a few times and that's it (I'm not even a customer). So I have no idea if or who stole what - it's not my problem.

Two little words of advice:

1. Mr. Paul Shumann should delete all evidence of how he did "business" or he'll lose credibility with his other partners. Mr. Shumann, you paid for hardware that a kid will use to mine this strange thing called Bitcoin, having only a fantasy business plan based on wishful thinking and then you're upset that it didn't work out? You believed a guy that said he's the greatest programmer in the world and didn't bother to check his work before throwing money his way? Really? Please PM me, I have the greatest business idea, we'll make billions! Smiley

2. OP, what you did is harassment. Maybe you had all the reasons, I don't know. So you got a door in the face - big deal. You deserved it and you should consider yourself lucky - this guy has a witness that you bothered him and you followed him after he repeatedly told you to leave him alone. Oh, and please believe me that if this were to happen here in Bucharest it's very-very likely that you would get some serious punches in the face and your camera destroyed. I am not sure if it can be used as evidence in USA, but you should remove that video from YouTube and try to solve any differences you have like grown ups.
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2011, 05:51:40 PM

2. OP, what you did is harassment. Maybe you had all the reasons

You're right. I was harassing him for information. My reasons for doing so was a month + of Jay going out of his way to tell people that I'd never met (MANY of whom contacted me) that I had "stolen his equipment." Perhaps in Bucharest, Jay wouldn't be given the opportunity to be harassed for libel and slander. In the USA, we do things like collect evidence and go to court.

I don't know. So you got a door in the face - big deal. You deserved it and you should consider yourself lucky - this guy has a witness that you bothered him and you followed him after he repeatedly told you to leave him alone.

Ah. Here's where I should explain something. I was in a public space, and had 100% right to film Jay in all of his glory. I did nothing to break the law (State of California) and I didn't impede his ability to leave at any point. That you think I deserve a door in the face is your opinion, but it's actually assault. In fact, the police officer that visited Jay has a statement from Jay stating that he did it because he thought I was going to reach through his window, and that he felt threatened - you'll note: the window was closed. Another lie. He has a witness that I bothered him? The video is the witness, sir. All Jay had to do was stay quiet and leave. I never made Jay do anything he didn't want to do.

Oh, and please believe me that if this were to happen here in Bucharest it's very-very likely that you would get some serious punches in the face and your camera destroyed.

I believe you. If that same scenario played out here, it would be a felony conviction and jailtime.

I am not sure if it can be used as evidence in USA, but you should remove that video from YouTube and try to solve any differences you have like grown ups.

Actually yes, it IS evidence in the USA, along with written and recorded statements as to the nature of Jay's pathological lying, slander and libel. I already made the second video private, and with a proper apology from Jay (I'm not holding my breath), I'll remove (but won't delete, ever) Jay's video confession.

-Jonathan

ovidiusoft

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 07:23:34 PM

Jonathan, I can't discuss legalese, because I know nothing about California's and not even enough about local law here (I do suspect that it's more or less the same, we are in EU after all). My point was that for someone who doesn't know a thing about your history with Jay and only clicks on the YouTube link (just like I did), you come out as the aggressor and it looks bad on you.

Again, you might be completely right in everything you say about him and your relationship, but I don't think you're approaching the situation correctly. You know what my first thought was after the first 20 seconds of the video? "If someone would do this to me, he would get a few punches and the phone shoved down his throat". Of course, I am much calmer in real life and I would probably just leave or call security, but I suspect a lot of viewers had the same feeling. I don't think it helps you that they feel for the "victim" (Jay).

Repeat: I am only criticizing the method, not passing judgement on who is right in this conflict.
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2011, 08:02:04 PM

Jonathan, I can't discuss legalese, because I know nothing about California's and not even enough about local law here (I do suspect that it's more or less the same, we are in EU after all). My point was that for someone who doesn't know a thing about your history with Jay and only clicks on the YouTube link (just like I did), you come out as the aggressor and it looks bad on you.

Again, you might be completely right in everything you say about him and your relationship, but I don't think you're approaching the situation correctly. You know what my first thought was after the first 20 seconds of the video? "If someone would do this to me, he would get a few punches and the phone shoved down his throat". Of course, I am much calmer in real life and I would probably just leave or call security, but I suspect a lot of viewers had the same feeling. I don't think it helps you that they feel for the "victim" (Jay).

Repeat: I am only criticizing the method, not passing judgement on who is right in this conflict.

I was not aggressive towards Jay. I never raised my voice, and was only interested in getting his words on video. I got what I wanted.

The back story? I finally had enough of his outrageous actions, including telling Matthew that I had told others that I was the inventor of Dialcoin (that's just one of many ridiculous character assasination attempts). I mean, the kid was just throwing the most ridiculous nonsense out there that he could, in an attempt to alienate me with people that he considered potentially strategic for me.

In other words, Jay had mounted an active mission of making up outrageous stories to anyone who would listen. There's MANY people that would get angry and violent towards Jay or anyone for this type of behavior, but I never stoop to that level, and I also don't lie or take malicious actions towards others.

Back to the video: I simply asked him if he'd like to say anything to the community, and asked him in person about one outrageous lie in particular about me. He finally told the lie on video, and yes that was enough. I did have him in a corner, and I'm sure he regrets saying what he did on video. It is living proof that he's unhinged and an unapologetic liar to boot.

The people that he's lied about me to have seen this, and because of that, they have the opportunity and information they need to make objective decisions as to whether they should question things they've been told by Jay with more scrutiny.

Where there's smoke there's fire, sir.

I didn't post this thread as a way to win friends. I posted this thread to publicly clear myself of wrongdoing, and to give any interested parties a heads up as to the nature of Jay.

Had I used common sense in the beginning, I would have listened to my gut and known that he was too good to be true, and that he wouldn't be capable of developing a custom linux distro for matched hardware GPU mining. See, that was his job. The mining rigs in question were development machines, meant as a test bed to be used to develop a lean and purpose built mining software solution. The goal was to sell pre-assembled mining units with software pre-installed, not to run 5gh/s as the end goal.

I appreciate your thoughts, and I do understand that I could be seen as the aggressor. Sometimes, being the aggressor is the only way to get what is needed.

What really surprises me is that the lying and character assassination by Jay is so easily glossed over. It's a really big problem in this forum generally, and I had ever right and reason to go ahead and do exactly what I did. I would do it again in a heartbeat. What other choice is there when an unapologetic liar and bullshit artist decides to take so much time out of his busy schedule to mount an attack? Frankly, this is just the shot across the bow. If he continues to do what he's been doing for the past month, I'll actually be turning the volume up. I'm NOT going to just lie down and take it.

I welcome an apology from Jay for his lies. He hasn't ever proven himself to be a man however, so I suspect that even now he's twisting and distorting the facts presented to match his own self serving and out of touch version of reality.

It's a shame to live your life in a jail of your own making, never admitting you're wrong and always fighting an offensive battle against those in the past that you've wronged, always worried that they'll expose you.

It must be a horrible and frightening existence.

-Jonathan

teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 08:26:44 PM

Not so long ago you were character bashing IBB..

Well isnt this the pot calling the kettle black..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2011, 08:54:55 PM

IBB isn't a person, it's an entity. It had (has?) poor operational protocols and I never lied about my experience.

I stated publicly that nobody in their right mind should send the IBB their ID/documentation, as the IBB has no secure method with which to collect it, and no written or operational guidelines.

It's not the pot calling the kettle black. I still firmly stand by what I stated in dealing with the IBB, and I didn't lie.

Thanks for the input though, teflone.

-Jonathan

teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 09:42:58 PM

IBB isn't a person, it's an entity. It had (has?) poor operational protocols and I never lied about my experience.

I stated publicly that nobody in their right mind should send the IBB their ID/documentation, as the IBB has no secure method with which to collect it, and no written or operational guidelines.

It's not the pot calling the kettle black. I still firmly stand by what I stated in dealing with the IBB, and I didn't lie.

Thanks for the input though, teflone.

-Jonathan

Karma's a bitch, I'd say. Smiley

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 09:47:56 PM

Karma's a bitch, I'd say. Smiley
What the fuck is that supposed to mean?
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 03:01:32 AM

OP, you are a donkey. The only way to now save face is to let this thread die instead of trying to suck us in with your silly drama.
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2011, 04:25:59 AM

OP, you are a donkey. The only way to now save face is to let this thread die instead of trying to suck us in with your silly drama.

I appreciate your input, Genjix. I really should have just kept this silly drama out of public view. My mistake.

-Jonathan

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: