Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:23:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it true that 99% of ICOs are either failed or scam?  (Read 1041 times)
Meizu

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:36:09 PM

I see a lots of ICO with the use of their coins are similar. They raised money, got them and ran away.
Yes, with most ICO this is exactly what happens, to date, unfortunately, not one investor can not be insured against fraudulent start-up projects. But I think the more this direction develops, perhaps these scammers have less chance to Shoe investors for money.

◆Telegram  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper
◆Twitter    ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚    ◆Reddit         
kutangterbang

Activity: 518
Merit: 134

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:39:59 PM

therefore we have to be more observant before investing, everywhere is a lot of dishonesty, so I suggest being more careful, research first before you put your money into investing
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:50:15 PM

as this year is showing, most of ICO are scam. They stop any work if they don't raise money. That is mean that they are not for idea, but just for money.
deodivine1
Copper Member

Activity: 657
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:54:40 PM

I think 99% is rather exaggerated. Many ICOs have scammed but some projects are still doing well after ICO. The truth is, many project teams do ICOs just to raise funds for personal need, and not for the project which is awful. A greater percentage of funds in the real sense is not used to develop the product or for listing. A project raised about 50million $ but was still asking for community votes for free listing purpose.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 01:12:57 PM

where did you see the analysis that gave 99% failure to ICO. This is not correct unless you can prove that despite the fact that ICO this day are struggling to even make the softcap,there are still some of them that have struggle to continuing with the project development and while some of them that cant proceed to develop are giving back few investors that contribute for the ICO. Although there are still some Scam ICO that are majorly intend to scam people but despite the fact that we have some bad on, we cant conclude that 99% until we see proof
aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 01:24:41 PM

99% doesn't seem right, because there are still many ICOs that are of quality besides there. just thinking just because there are a lot of scammers in ico then you think all projects starting with ico are fraudulent. try giving them the confidence to develop and you will see if the project is of good quality or not

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 01:29:03 PM

I see a lots of ICO with the use of their coins are similar. They raised money, got them and ran away.
I think its true and there a lot basis about this speculation. ICO nowadays are out of control except those legally follow the rules and local laws in the country of ICO was originated and I think its time to regulate the ICO's to protect the Investors as well. I agree that 99% of ICO's are failed due to luck of innovation.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 01:29:36 PM

It's tiring and we can lose a lot of money if we keep on investing in a useless project, and there are so many projects like this in the market, I fear that one day even good project, will not reach even half of the softcap, because investors prefer to invest in coins that are already in exchange.

Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:03:38 PM

This year, majority of ICO failed, some succeed but slowed down on the development due to the bearish market. Some are scam, so that is why, most investors kept away from investing in ICOs this year.

irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:09:37 PM

Of course, until the ICO market is not regulated there are a lot of scammers. you must be very attentive and learn how to identify such projects
The ICO scam caused the ICO market to collapse. I see a lot of ICO scams in 2018 and it makes good ICOs unsuccessful because there is no trust from the investor. Now I'm waiting for something new like STO

meldrio1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:17:20 PM

I don't think that 99% of ICOs are scam or failed ICO's maybe 80% lol, well only few ICO's were successful even these bear market, few of them already reached softcap, but I don't see yet reaching Hardcap in some ICOs.

bestpikka

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:27:14 PM

I don't think that 99% of ICOs are scam or failed ICO's maybe 80% lol, well only few ICO's were successful even these bear market, few of them already reached softcap, but I don't see yet reaching Hardcap in some ICOs.
lately, there have been a number of ICO projects that have succeeded in reaching hardcap, say PlayGame, they have succeeded in reaching the target but the most concern is that their coins in the exchange are worthless and of course very detrimental to investors. so the conclusion is that the project that is currently successful does not guarantee that the price of their tokens will also succeed when listing on the exchange.
memecoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:31:40 PM

I believe that several ICO's are just fraud or scam. But not that high percentage you give, 99% is a huge number, because there are also not scam ICO's. We cannot generalized that ICO's are just scam, since some are not.

I also think that the ICO has projects that are considered to be defamatory and fraudulent. But not all, or 99% like what you know here. I see the most or limit that max that is only 75%, a lot is real, do not say that is all Sad.

Am I spamming? Report me!
yurez

Activity: 2520
Merit: 711

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:37:01 PM

Scammers are always present at the ICO, but they are less than the amount that you specified. I'm not participating in ICO, afraid of losing its cryptocurrency.
Gabri

Activity: 856
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:42:07 PM

According to the statistics, the figure is much less, only 50% turned out to be a fraud. And from the second 50% more than half did not collect Soft Cap. All because of the fact that ICO want to do everything. But do not have any experience. So they burn.
Vaniaayu

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:44:19 PM

therefore we have to be more observant before investing, everywhere is a lot of dishonesty, so I suggest being more careful, research first before you put your money into investing
esetop01tryba

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://www.empirehotels.io

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:54:33 PM

I do not understand where such statistics came from, I do not think that so many ICO projects are unsuccessful ! If the project has a great team and marketing then I think the project is doomed to success.

EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) (https://www.empirehotels.io/) The Future of Hospitality
tridverju
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:54:47 PM

It is not happening by every ICO on our market, but you are right. Unfortunately in 2018 the market was overwhelmed with scam projects that presented their whitepaper, collected funds and scammed a lot of investors.
Denreal

Activity: 784
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:08:19 PM

This is not the first time i will be seeing someone make out a figure of the percentage of ICOs that are scam. This to me is not true, although we have more of scam ICOs than the genuine ones. Although, the status quo is now beginning to change, because very soon, there might be regulations to guide against scam ICOs, but before then, we need to take to extra precautionary measures.
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:11:54 PM

It is true that there are so many SCAM ICO and if they are not due to lack of investors are getting failed!
But this is not a 99 percent, that percentage is too much.
Maybe 50 percent or less! If you will run through many project you will see that.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: