Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:03:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble sending coins from my ledger nano  (Read 287 times)
dutchlincoln (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 10:29:17 PM

Hello,
lately i experience a lot of trouble (and a horrible support from Ledger) with my Nano S.

First, the synchronising takes like forever. i've been synchrionising for over 2 weeks, and some funds do not want to update. Ledger support says there are too many small transactions made and it needs to synchronise these transactions.

So, i thoughtthe solution would be a second ledger, where i keep mij bulk coins.

I tried to send coins from my ledger1 to my bulk ledger. My XRP went okay. First tried 20, witch went okay, and after this i tried the remaining 500 XRP. (499.5 actually) Keeps giving error that funds are not sufficient (i had 520) Tried 100 and nope. I rebooted my computer, and sent 249 and 250 without a problem.

Next, i try to send my litecoins from ledger1 to bulk. Start with .1 LTC. Error; adress is not a LTC adress... WTF??? Its the adress generated by the BULKledger, copy-pasted!
So, i did a reboot again, butnit stays the same.

So i wondered... Lets try with BTC... And ohno!! Same shit! It states that the adress is not a valid BTC adress, even thouh also this adress is generated by the BULKledger!

Well, maybe it generated a wrong adress, who knows.
So; i try my wallet adress from cryptopia, litecoin and bitcoin, but nope; it keeps tellingme that these adresses are not litecoin and bitcoin adresses as well.

Long story short: my coins are stuck in my ledger!

Anyone got these experiences too?
Any tips or advice?  How to retrieve my coins?

As of right now, i dont trust my ledger device anymore!

Reason i ask here, is that ledger quit the chat support, and takes days to answer a Email, and the answer you get in return could be from a 9year old as well...
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 12:50:34 AM

You could try using electrum with your ledger nano device. DO NOT PUT THE SEED ON YOUR COMPUTER THOUGH (yet) download and install electrum from electrum.org/#download.
Open electrum and select that you want to connect a hardware device (I think it's comparible with the ledger, but i've never tried it). See if that does anything to help.

There's an electrum litecoin too but I'm not sure how reliable it is.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 08:06:26 AM

Error; adress is not a LTC adress... WTF??? Its the adress generated by the BULKledger, copy-pasted!

[...]

So i wondered... Lets try with BTC... And ohno!! Same shit! It states that the adress is not a valid BTC adress, even thouh also this adress is generated by the BULKledger!

To be honestly.. i don't believe this.

Address verification is a pretty simple process which either works always or never.
It is hard to believe that the software 'somehow' isn't able to verify addresses properly.

Please post the addresses here, for us to see if it is a proper address and whether it gets accepted by a nano s (to verify your claims).

Also, what OS and what versions of software are you running ?

dutchlincoln (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 02:46:52 PM

Error; adress is not a LTC adress... WTF??? Its the adress generated by the BULKledger, copy-pasted!

[...]

To be honestly.. i don't believe this.

Address verification is a pretty simple process which either works always or never.
It is hard to believe that the software 'somehow' isn't able to verify addresses properly.

Please post the addresses here, for us to see if it is a proper address and whether it gets accepted by a nano s (to verify your claims).

Also, what OS and what versions of software are you running ?

Today i had contact wth ledger and they verified the adresses. They dont understand either, as both adesses are legit and correct. I sent them a screenshot, and they are working on it (i hope)

in regards of the XRP wallet they said that its a XRP thing that each wallet has to cointain at least 20XRP wich you cant withdraw. It seems like a sort of fee for the wallet. I really never heard of this nor ever read anything about it. Keep it in mind when opening a random xrp wallet somewhere.

so.... Pitty you dont believe it instead of helping out, but its true i'm afraid...

ledger and live latest versions, and windows 10.

ps. Yesterday i installed the ledger chrome apps of litecoin, xrp,  and btc. These apps were able (although chunked into little parts) to transfer the litecoin XRP, and bitcoin amounts.
Digibyte however still doesnt work.
dutchlincoln (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 02:56:09 PM

You could try using electrum with your ledger nano device. DO NOT PUT THE SEED ON YOUR COMPUTER THOUGH (yet) download and install electrum from electrum.org/#download.
Open electrum and select that you want to connect a hardware device (I think it's comparible with the ledger, but i've never tried it). See if that does anything to help.

There's an electrum litecoin too but I'm not sure how reliable it is.

Thanks,

Never heard of it but it looks very well. (tad expensive though..)

my btc problem seems to be solved for now, but its a great soiution to point my miners at and bulk the earnings to my Nano-s
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:07:00 PM

Expensive? It’s free and open source.

From electrum.org/#download
dutchlincoln (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 11:49:28 PM

"As a service provider, Electrum charges transaction fees for sending bitcoin. The default fee is a flat rate of 0.2 mBTC. This rate can be reduced to 0.1 mBTC* or even lower in some cases."
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 12:22:09 AM

Doesn't the bitcoin network charge a fee? That's where the fee goes to.

It has to be limited to 0.1 mBTC or higher as that's how nodes are generally configured (sadly) now. A few annoyed miners wouldn't process free transactions so now everyone has to pay a fee to move bitcoin Cry.
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 06:04:26 AM

If you want to make transactions with a specific coin, you can do this but follow the steps very carefully: Do you have a computer you're not using anymore? If yes, install any Linux distro on it, connect it to the internet, go to https://iancoleman.io/bip39/, shut down your internet (or you can download the repo from https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39 for offline use, it's safer) and get your private keys for the coins you need from there. You can follow the instructions from https://support.ledgerwallet.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005297709-Export-your-accounts ("Generate private keys (advanced)". Then import the privkeys you need, I guess from DigiByte as you said it still doesn't work.

Be very careful, because going back online after opening up this website/repo or after entering your privkeys/seed anywhere on your computer, you risk losing your funds.

EDIT: forgot to mention that I'm also having issues with my ledger nano s on my Mac OSX computer. If I try using my ledger on it, the digibyte wallet doesn't sync even after hours (and I don't think I have more than 20 txs on it) and trying to add BTC to the Live wallet gives me an internal error. Therefore, I have to use the old chrome app to use it on my Mac. However, even the chrome app doesn't help much with DGB, it still doesn't sync.. If I use my Windows computer, it works without any errors with any coin. So have you tried using another device? It might work...
Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 5543

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat⚔️

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 03:09:53 PM

"As a service provider, Electrum charges transaction fees for sending bitcoin. The default fee is a flat rate of 0.2 mBTC. This rate can be reduced to 0.1 mBTC* or even lower in some cases."

Doesn't the bitcoin network charge a fee? That's where the fee goes to.

It has to be limited to 0.1 mBTC or higher as that's how nodes are generally configured (sadly) now. A few annoyed miners wouldn't process free transactions so now everyone has to pay a fee to move bitcoin Cry.

Electrum is free to use, there is no Electrum fee for sending transaction - there is only network fee which can be adjusted automatic or by user. So you claim user need to pay minimum 1 mBTC/100 000 satoshi to send transaction from Electrum or any other wallet?

The fastest and cheapest transaction fee is currently 32 satoshis/byte, shown in green at the top.
For the median transaction size of 225 bytes, this results in a fee of 7,200 satoshis.

https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/

jackg you mix up regular network fees with 2FA option which exists in Electrum wallet and it is not free - it cost 0.002 for every 20 transactions.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2709973.0

https://api.trustedcoin.com/#/electrum-help

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
HCP
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 4315

<insert witty quote here>

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 05:44:42 AM

Where are you quoting that from? Huh

Was it this (really terrible) review site? https://www.finder.com/nz/electrum-wallet-review Huh

For a start... Electrum is not a "service provider"... it is simply a software wallet... like Bitcoin Core... except that it's a lightweight "SPV" wallet that doesn't require you to download the entire blockchain etc. It shouldn't charge any more in bitcoin transactions than any other Bitcoin wallet, including the Ledger native interface (Ledger Live).

Electrum is also compatible with Ledger and Trezor hardware wallets.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 5543

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat⚔️

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2018, 10:32:48 AM

Where are you quoting that from? Huh

It's no problem at all from where he is quoting from, but that one Legendary member confirms such nonsense is real problem. I try to explain confusion and ignorance which are caused by that quoted text in my previous post, but no reaction on that so far...

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████