Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:42:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Financing Dilemmas (bigger fool theory)  (Read 168 times)
cambyu (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 10:24:30 AM
Merited by dbshck (1)

First a couple of words about myself, I am an early BTC adopter but I have left the community as soon as the altcoins boom started. I am a BTC loyalist in a sense since I believe virtually all other current "crypto" technologies don't have technological merit and are worthless essentially. I am a HODLR till the Messiah comes in regards to BTC. I've had plenty of accounts on bitcointalk but they were all compromised over the years and are now being ran by NPCs, is the forum a zombie forum? Is it being ran by NPCs? Dunno  Grin

In regards to raising capital, I see that the vast majority of ICOs (inb4 sockpuppets mentioning but not X ICO to plug) are complete failures, with teams of scammers that never deliver the product. I am wondering what is the average ETH contract funders ability to differentiate between fact and fiction, spot the logical fallacies (e.g. fallacy of argument from authority is a red flag for an ICO), tell-tell signs are paying for traffic, whitepaper with no scientific significance etc, in other words do you think investors are getting smarter?

Common sense tells me the market will self-correct and wipe out the fools, but the question is what will they learn? Not to fund contracts with ETH? Also what in regards to actual fund raising whereas a project which is shilled through the roof might create sophisticated temporary structures that look like success but are not actual growth but a project with deep technological value may be less relatable or understandable to the layman (e.g. misallocation of resources problem)?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4435

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 02:30:18 PM
Merited by dbshck (2)

the first secret of an ICO is that th project involves making tokens. if the projects token has no utility outside of just buying token then its not sustainable

if the token has utility its sustainable so you dont need investment. just release the project and be part of the project and earn through the utility of the project, not from begging for funds upfront.

EG if the project is for, lets say medical records ledger. if the ledger has not already been designed to be functionl for the medical industry and no medical industry groups are going to use it in the first month then its dead before it begun.

a functional medical ledger would be to give it out to the medical industry and earn via mining to secure the ledger for them.
it works out cheaper for them then current systems management thus they would happily use it. and then the development group get ongoing returns by mining/bug fixing/bespoke upgrading needs.

so in simple and short terms.
if a project which is obviously a script kiddy fork of another coin pretends to be something for a particular industry but the team involved has not relationship with the industry.. its a failure from the get-go.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Lizzylove1

Activity: 858
Merit: 13

Christ The King

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 03:46:49 PM

We have had too many failed project in the recent time. There was this project I followed and I even fell in love with it oooh! Poor little me! they had promised to deploy a high technology in the military sector and they were going to start by user of the token been able to wear their various coins on the wrist and many other gadget to be produced. They hit soft cap (only God knows if they were the ones who bought the tokens), with less than 24hrs after which they listed the token for trading, they were delisted from trading due to lack of volume, and the exchange classed them as misleading. As we write, the project is dead and preparing to refund investors who can proof they invested. ETH will eventually kill ICOs and scamming projects will send ETH to it grave

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4435

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 03:58:13 PM

We have had too many failed project in the recent time. There was this project I followed and I even fell in love with it oooh! Poor little me! they had promised to deploy a high technology in the military sector and they were going to start by user of the token been able to wear their various coins on the wrist and many other gadget to be produced. They hit soft cap (only God knows if they were the ones who bought the tokens), with less than 24hrs after which they listed the token for trading, they were delisted from trading due to lack of volume, and the exchange classed them as misleading. As we write, the project is dead and preparing to refund investors who can proof they invested. ETH will eventually kill ICOs and scamming projects will send ETH to it grave

should have asked what military they have established themselves with.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
cabron

Activity: 2800
Merit: 595

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 04:01:10 PM

Even the not scam projects are now affected though, maybe they will soon turn scam once they can't bounce back. ITs kind of a purge to these altcoins.

Worse part is that we as bounty hunters promoted those scam ICOs. This is the reason why I don't just join a campaign without investigating whether the team is real and has the ICO advisor which is already known in this sphere.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: