Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:13:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am a loser. My only question now is, how do I tell my wife  (Read 2014 times)
Linwood Pitts (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:03:37 PM
Merited by hornetsnest (1)

I mortgaged my house to buy $300,000 of ETH at 800.   I dod not tell her.   This house was paid off in full.  Now I cant make the mortgage payments with my job.  I cant even sell the ETH easily because I live in NH.   Should i keep holding?   Tired of making excuses about wherr all the money is going.   I guess I'm what you call a loser.   Thanks everyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dohh

Activity: 332

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:06:08 PM

I mortgaged my house to buy $300,000 of ETH at 800.   I dod not tell her.   This house was paid off in full.  Now I cant make the mortgage payments with my job.  I cant even sell the ETH easily because I live in NH.   Should i keep holding?   Tired of making excuses about wherr all the money is going.   I guess I'm what you call a loser.   Thanks everyone.

Yes, You are. Sorry, cant deny it.

But You are not the biggest loser. You have balls to admit, where this cryptoshit has brought You. There are many much bigger losers, who hide their heads in sand and whisper: "HODL".

Sorry, I wish, I could tell You that You will get some of Your money back, but I dont believe its going to happen.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 07:07:11 PM

I mortgaged my house to buy $300,000 of ETH at 800.   I dod not tell her.   This house was paid off in full.  Now I cant make the mortgage payments with my job.  I cant even sell the ETH easily because I live in NH.   Should i keep holding?   Tired of making excuses about wherr all the money is going.   I guess I'm what you call a loser.   Thanks everyone.

again many will answer different things, the bitcoin cult with its agenda to enslave the entire world to their corrupt index (coinmarketcap) will of course tell you to hold, but i personally dont think you will get out a millionaire with lambos, as you hoped to.

nevertheless there is some hope,

about your morgage as the potential us dollar collapse will free you from your debt.

as there will be a bloodbath in the stock markets, bitcoin is trash, and the current corrupt cryptoindex is trash es well but crypto will ultimate continue to evolve.

regards

PointHope

Activity: 317
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:18:48 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

You are only a loser if you sell now!

The big loser coins will be BCH and associated crap.

The other losers will be the greedy creeps in the community who wer part of the scam.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1250

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:39:25 PM

Well this is a tough one. The OP is not the first to do what he did. Famously
there was a guy in The Netherlands who sold everything for bitcoin last year
I think.

Ethereum in my mind is under pressure from competitors so im not sure
about its future. I am sure about Bitcoins future though so I would advise
trading half of that ETH into BTC and look to the future, which could be
another year or two. But hold some ETH just in case.

Thats just my opinion, its worth nothing really and there will be a lot of
different suggestions and advice to follow.

You need to talk to your wife and dont do anything crazy.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:43:53 PM

All you have to do is hold and be patient.  Bitcoin and Ethereum will reach new all time highs pretty soon.  These are the top two cryptos and they don't have any serious competition.  If my predictions are correct it will only take 3-4 months for eth to hit $800 again and for bitcoin to hit $12k.
aad140386

Activity: 420
Merit: 20

simply getting the job done

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:44:13 PM

It's not that you are a loser. The fact is that you did a terribly stupid act. A loser, this is when you do everything right, but circumstances that do not depend on you are not in your favor. And I can't even imagine how it was possible to mortgage a house and invest money in a cryptocurrency. This is a very, very risky event. I sympathize with you, but luck has nothing to do with it. You have done a very stupid act, and I hope that cryptocurrency will soon start to grow, so that you stay with your home.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:53:14 PM

Quite bad story that you are having.. I feel sorry but believe me it is not end of the world. That could be worst in every condition, you have to think in positive ways. I also would recommend you to HODL, because you have already lost 8/1, now price is $95 and it would worth nearly nothing. I am sure that the price will not fall anymore and will raise.
globalcitizen

Activity: 476
Merit: 104

Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 08:01:47 PM

I have just one advice for you and that advice is in a single word. I know you may not like it but I feel it should be your best bet looking at the current state of the market.  HODL!
Alohadance

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 08:18:41 PM

Oh dear . It's awful, I can recomend to hold your tokens. Selling now is very stupid, the ptices are so low now that it's better to forget about them. just wait some months else and all will be ok.
acarli

Activity: 267
Merit: 77

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 08:22:04 PM

I am very surprised that the bank allowed you to mortgage your house without your wife's consent. Regardless of whos name on the title, the wife needs consent.

I hope this is not a true story, if it is you are screwed (No offense intended, just pointing it out). About your wife, I would let her know as soon as possible and let her participate in your next move.

I feel for you. I really do. At the apex of the hype, I had the impulse to do it. Fortunately, I stayed the course. There's an adage that I found accurate, which is be greedy when others are fearful, and fearful when other's are greedy.

Best of luck to you.

Hehe

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 08:32:47 PM

sorry to hear that, maybe try to have another job. sell or not are both hard.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 08:48:39 PM

Its unfortunate the situation you have found yourself. You have violated the golden rule of investing in crypto currency which is never to invest amount you cannot afford to lose which is the case here. You probably came in with the intention that buying would multiply your income and make excessive profit for the family.

Now it has happen, the next is the way forward which is for one, you have to tell her what is the situation and explain to her the best way possible. Make her understand your intentions for putting money into crypto currency after which you have to work on getting out of the mess without which you are ready for a huge problem.
btyco
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 09:52:46 PM

It is impossible to mortgage the house without your wife knowing about it unless you falsified her signature or got a shady deal from the bank. If you did get a mortgage, then you'd better fess up incase you drop dead and they repossess the house

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
btc-room101

Activity: 182
Merit: 30

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 10:10:07 PM

Ask everybody on this forum that say's "HODL" to send you a $10k check usd-fiat, pay off your mtg, dump you eth, and stay away from the crypto-crimininal enterprise.

ETH is a dog, buterin was a man-child, when he wrote it, and he's already cashed out and done, ETH like all shit-coins, including btc are heading fast towards zero.
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 10:37:51 PM

yes, you must always hold it, don't sell when the market is bearish. don't give up and you must to be optimistic, the market still has the potential to be bullish again.

BTC will increase better by more than $ 20K, and ETH will follow.
Attisob

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 10:43:55 PM

bro, kindly exercise patience as i am an ardent believer in both ETH and bitcoin (they don't have competitors).
But you should realize that you oughtn't buy cryptocurrencies using your house as collateral NOT advisable.
Especially, bearing in mind that the value of all cryptocurrencies are volatile.
Sama517

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 10:44:49 PM

I can sense the honesty in your sad story. All I can say is that you should hold your heart and be courageous to tell your wife the truth. You don't know how long the ETH price will remain low, also, how long do you intend to keep using your job to make the payments? Let your wife know the situation so that both of you can manage it together.

▄▄▄▄▄          REFINE MEDIUM: People's own media          ▄▄▄▄▄
btc-room101

Activity: 182
Merit: 30

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 10:52:57 PM

It's not that you are a loser. The fact is that you did a terribly stupid act. A loser, this is when you do everything right, but circumstances that do not depend on you are not in your favor. And I can't even imagine how it was possible to mortgage a house and invest money in a cryptocurrency. This is a very, very risky event. I sympathize with you, but luck has nothing to do with it. You have done a very stupid act, and I hope that cryptocurrency will soon start to grow, so that you stay with your home.

Your like the only BOT here telling the truth? Why is this??

IMHO this story probably not true, but people like these kinds of story's, whether they be true or not, and what's most interesting is NOBODY has came out and said "SELL, RUN"

You got 99% here, that don't even read, they're talking about BTC, and the OP is talking about ETH, which leads me to believe these are just bots triggering on a sad crypto story,

Most likely the exchanges are paying bots to post "HODL" story's, so no matter how bad your loss your still supposed to HODL, cuz they ( exchanges ) told you so,

YES, STUPID crypto's are a dice roll 50/50 even or odd, you bet all on a roll and you lose all, its called 'gamblers ruin', if this story is true, most likely the OP is  a compulsive gambler ( or village idiot ), especially the part about the house being free&clear, these kinds of people (gamblers) are always in debt to their nose, ... me smells much bs in this post.

Village Idiots don't live  in free&clear houses, and if they do, their custodians don't let them hold title so they can be swindled.

Lastly, who tells you ETH will go up? This is a shit-con, and the TECH of ETH sucks, its much worse than bitcoin in terms of inability to scale, and its internal programming language is a dog, ETH is what you expect of a high-school genius to write software and get rich, now that BUTERIN is an adult, maybe he can start from scratch and create ETH-2.0 that has a future? No matter what these professional LIARS tell you high-school kids don't have the experience, and math skills to develop a bomb proof crypto when they're just coming out of diapers, this is a multi-discplinary field, and what BUTERIN did is that he was first, and got a following, but his code ( REV 1.0 ) has no future.
triciaa478

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 11:05:35 PM

With such a huge capital you should have invested it in trading rather than putting all your eggs in one basket.As I always tell my friends and family never to sell of their property or take loans to invest in crytpo because of the risk involve.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: