Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:50:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DT1 list alternation: add me on it  (Read 661 times)
Anduck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 12:24:48 AM

I am arguing that DT should only be used as a list of people unlikely to scam.

I would make DT1 then.  And you hate me. 

I don't hate you.
As far as I know, you've not scammed anyone. I'm not sure if you'd be proper to be on DT1, because of your poor understanding of what is scamming. But to be on DT? Of course: you're unlikely to scam others.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 05:25:55 AM
Merited by Vod (5), Foxpup (4), ibminer (1)

DT has very little to do with one's personal trustworthiness. Though, I'd imagine not being a scammer would probably be a good aspect to have if you are going to get picked to join. The point of being on DT is having the ability to leave others accurate feedback. In addition, you should add other people who you believe are also qualified to do so to your DT list to increase the spread. If you are on DT 1 you are responsible for every single piece of feedback given by people on your list. The same is true about being on DT 2 and the people you add to DT 3. Its really not all its cracked up to be.

I excluded you from my trust list before I even knew about the self bidding thing, not because I thought if I did a trade with you I'd get scammed, but because you are way too fixated on retaliation. You want vigilante justice in the form of the ability to silence those who'd disagree with you, and that is completely and unimaginably wrong. I've actually considered whether or not this is all some elaborate joke, because I can't comprehend how someone could convince them self that they are making sense. I can completely understand being swept up in a moment, making a mistake, and being a bit too stubborn to admit it. But it really seems like you've convinced yourself that your plan for DT is for the best, and its not just delusions. The system isn't screwing you over, you are either just somehow failing to understand that its not just 500 unrelated people picking on you for no good reason, or this is a joke of some kind.

I have no personal grudges against you, I'm sure you are a functioning human being that doesn't go around kicking puppies or burning down orphanages, but really, for your own mental health, take a break from the campaign to right wrongs, and just chill. Who cares if Vod and I think you deserve negative feedback, ignore us and carry on. If anyone cares too much about our feedback, use escrow. I just said in my feedback that I wouldn't participate in an auction you run, I didn't say that you are a Bond villain looking to steal the crown jewels.

Anduck (OP)
Legendary

quack

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 12:33:21 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2018, 12:59:56 PM by Anduck

I excluded you from my trust list before I even knew about the self bidding thing, not because I thought if I did a trade with you I'd get scammed, but because you are way too fixated on retaliation.

You're not the first one to come up with gimmicky "reasons" to justify whatever trust/rating activity.
I'm not fixed on retaliation, I'm not doing anything based on retaliation. You seem to be very confused.
If you're however talking about the Vod rating case: the root of me being so vocal about Vod's misuse of current DT is his unjust rating towards me. Go find out what it's about. Shortly, Vod threatened to rate me red if I didn't remove my rating towards him. So he rated me red. Wanting that sort of rating behavior to stop, especially when done by current DT, is now "fixated on retaliation"?

You want vigilante justice in the form of the ability to silence those who'd disagree with you, and that is completely and unimaginably wrong.

Is this "vigilante justice in the form of the ability to silence" what DT can do currently? Insane, and totally not what DT should be about!

I don't want to silence anyone. I want everyone to not be able to cast stigmas on anyone in the form of DT ratings. Current DT is being used poorly -- you're a prime example of that.
I don't want any "vigilante justice in the form of the ability to silence". I don't know how you came up with this anyway, but obviously it's made up of thin air. Stop doing that.

I have no personal grudges against you, I'm sure you are a functioning human being that doesn't go around kicking puppies or burning down orphanages, but really, for your own mental health, take a break from the campaign to right wrongs, and just chill. Who cares if Vod and I think you deserve negative feedback, ignore us and carry on. If anyone cares too much about our feedback, use escrow. I just said in my feedback that I wouldn't participate in an auction you run, I didn't say that you are a Bond villain looking to steal the crown jewels.

I am working on trying to make this DT thing, at least in the current format, not exist, so it wouldn't be there to enable e.g. power trippers & bird brains to have any wrecking power. It doesn't really matter who uses it right and who uses it wrong, it's a systematic problem as there are always going to be wrongdoers.

If anyone cares too much about our feedback

This is exactly the problem. People are "forced" to care about your feedback, and have your feedback as "trusted" by default, because that's how the current DT works. I want to change this. Of course you're now being against changing DT status because it would reduce your power. I didn't expect you to be able to objectively look into this anyway, as you already did show me how you are not even trying to be objective in your actions. (E.g. when you care more about your prejudice than quite simple facts.)

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 01:16:35 PM

I would make DT1 then.  And you hate me. 

It would be very comedic if you both ended up there.

If I cared, I’d ask to be on dt1 but the thing is... I don’t.

I’ve witnessed (at least with senior members) my reputation and my trust are completely different and I seem more “reputable” than I am “trusted” on the current system and I’m quite happy with that. Sure id like a bigger number but I’d like bigger of almost everything on my forum account, I’m waiting for more paid memberships for me to waste my bitcoin on Grin.

I thought reserve prices were the self bids you were allowed, anything beyond that and you’re saying ‘I’ll accept this value and take it as it is’. I’m not sure I’m entirely against the self bid principle but the premis just confuses me.
Anduck (OP)
Legendary

quack

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 01:29:38 PM

If I cared, I’d ask to be on dt1 but the thing is... I don’t.

I’ve witnessed (at least with senior members) my reputation and my trust are completely different and I seem more “reputable” than I am “trusted” on the current system and I’m quite happy with that. Sure id like a bigger number but I’d like bigger of almost everything on my forum account, I’m waiting for more paid memberships for me to waste my bitcoin on Grin.

Nobody should really care about DT1 as much as people do right now. The whole DT should be diluted to have almost no status at all. I've presented points about this in my previous posts.

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:00:08 PM

The minute that the normal members can put someone to the list of DT members is the minute we will see more and more scams happening in the community, so I don't believe when you are saying you want to create your own  "elite, highly trusted people" list as if you really trust them you don't need them to become your DT list in the first place as you yourself personally trust them. Having them become part of the DT while you personally trust them basically seems to be useless for other people as one approval of one person isn't really enough to make them be trustworthy to the rest of the community.
Anduck (OP)
Legendary

quack

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 12:50:08 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2019, 01:04:24 PM by Anduck

The minute that the normal members can put someone to the list of DT members is the minute we will see more and more scams happening in the community, so I don't believe when you are saying you want to create your own  "elite, highly trusted people" list as if you really trust them you don't need them to become your DT list in the first place as you yourself personally trust them.

That doesn't make any sense. I don't want to create any "elite" list. I want to dilute DT list to not be any sort of elite list. It should merely be a list of people unlikely to scam others, it's not treated as such right now. In any case, the whole DT thing is something that should not exist in a trust system. DT list is a structure that changes the whole nature of a trust network/system.

Having them become part of the DT while you personally trust them basically seems to be useless for other people as one approval of one person isn't really enough to make them be trustworthy to the rest of the community.

A heavily diluted DT list (or no DT list at all) would encourage people to make their own lists and also "trust score" would be curated much better. Right now few individuals can choose to wreck some peoples trust score. Same vice versa. In a heavily diluted DT list more peoples' voices would weight something.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: