Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:27:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Mt.Gox ever get a make over ?  (Read 2765 times)
Fluttershy

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 10:37:15 PM

It works, what more is needed???
If you can call its history of hacks and bitcoin deletions to be working, sure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
D.H.

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

Bitcoin.se site owner

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2011, 11:03:26 PM

I'm sure that it would be great for Bitcoin if they had a professional looking site. Mt.Gox is one of the sites that almost everyone who consider getting started with Bitcoin will visit. It's one of the sites that will make people decide if Bitcoin is a "real" currency or just a toy project. Honestly, today the Mt.Gox site does not look like something that regular people will want to trust their money with. It does not at all resemble other professional web sites that handle a lot of money.

Example of web site related to finance, simple, yet professional design: http://www.nasdaqomxnordic.com

So you want rounded corners.... that shouldn't be too hard.

Good UI design is usually not technically hard. But it's pretty damn hard getting it right if you don't have any experience or talent for it (I don't have any of that myself).

And no, Mt.Gox would not look professional by adding rounded corners to it.

www.bitcoin.se - Forum, nyheter och information på svenska! (Forum, news and information in Swedish)
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 11:44:37 PM

It works, what more is needed???

I'm sure that it would be great for Bitcoin if they had a professional looking site. Mt.Gox is one of the sites that almost everyone who consider getting started with Bitcoin will visit. It's one of the sites that will make people decide if Bitcoin is a "real" currency or just a toy project. Honestly, today the Mt.Gox site does not look like something that regular people will want to trust their money with. It does not at all resemble other professional web sites that handle a lot of money.

Example of web site related to finance, simple, yet professional design: http://www.nasdaqomxnordic.com

I could live with a layout like the one you linked. Save for that annoying bouncing friggin ad at the top, the others arn't too bad. I would like to see them add the option to also reposistion the modules, like that site has them where you can minimize them, but also be able to move the vertical placement. Very nice.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: