Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:22:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD] iPhone 4 16gb black complete w/ box and new accessories 115BTC shipped  (Read 1568 times)
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2011, 02:24:11 PM

And I would have bought it here, but I want one that is free from cell provider locks (not just soft unlocked). Is yours locked too?

Yes, but being an A&TT customer for over 5 years, I can have them unlock it in a matter of minutes. I travel international alot, they see that from my account

Ok, do you want to open a separate thread, so others have the opportunity to outbid me? Assuming the phone is in very good condition, not locked to a carrier and I can allow for Apple's automatic upgrades without locking the phone, I'll bid $300, shipped to Europe, in BTC. I will want to see pictures first, though Smiley

I'll PM you when I'm ready to sell.

Thanks!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Littleshop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2011, 07:52:44 PM

Sold. 

For how much?

I have the same phone and conditions, wanna sell it on the forums as well

Thanks!

And I would have bought it here, but I want one that is free from cell provider locks (not just soft unlocked). Is yours locked too?

Yes, but being an A&TT customer for over 5 years, I can have them unlock it in a matter of minutes. I travel international alot, they see that from my account

Now this I would like to see.  AT&T does not unlock iPhones.  Period.  Many have asked.  None have been done.  There are tons of complaints about this all over the web and in the media. 

AT&T does unlock many other phones after the contract ends (and often before) at the request of some customers.  They just don't do it for iPhones. 

AT&T has no procedure to do an unlock on an iPhone though we know of course with the right software and encryption keys it would be possible.  The closest thing they COULD do is replace the locked phone with an unlocked one.  They may do this for their very best or loudest customers but there are no reports of it that I know of.

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2011, 08:13:05 PM

Sold. 

For how much?

Thanks!

Now this I would like to see.  AT&T does not unlock iPhones.  Period.  Many have asked.  None have been done.  There are tons of complaints about this all over the web and in the media. 

AT&T does unlock many other phones after the contract ends (and often before) at the request of some customers.  They just don't do it for iPhones. 

AT&T has no procedure to do an unlock on an iPhone though we know of course with the right software and encryption keys it would be possible.  The closest thing they COULD do is replace the locked phone with an unlocked one.  They may do this for their very best or loudest customers but there are no reports of it that I know of.

Your right, they dont normally.

We purchased these phones on a business plan, and have alot of lines with ATT for a long time.
This past summer, before traveling to Europe my representative at ATT was able to unlock my iphone and my partners.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Littleshop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2011, 09:00:34 PM

Sold. 

For how much?

Thanks!

Your right, they dont normally.

We purchased these phones on a business plan, and have alot of lines with ATT for a long time.
This past summer, before traveling to Europe my representative at ATT was able to unlock my iphone and my partners.

Ditto on all items.  I travel, have a business account and have had at&t for at least five years. 

I should call them and ask.  I doubt it though.  There are NO REPORTS of them doing this for ANYONE.   

How did they do it?  What did you have to do on your phone to unlock it with their instructions? 

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: