Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:43:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets Create NEW ICO standards! | Ultimate thread  (Read 1398 times)
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 06:12:07 PM

I think it is quite difficult to implement country specific regulations. The ICO projects could just bypass it by registering itself in some countries that don't regulate ICOs.
As cryptocurrencies are all about decentralisation, I believe there should be community driven effort to self regulate these ICOs.
I could see there are some platforms trying to do that, it takes time for them to grow and mature and to become the gold standard in the crypto world.

I dont think we necessarily need regulations, we need standards as a community. We need to stand out against the shitty projects and get smarter with what we allow to pass.

Positivebetting

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 06:15:32 PM

I agree, i would suggest that the new projects/ companies that aim to receive big funds from ico should be registered thoroughly by the local authorities, the business plan, team, company should be scrutinized thoroughly and after satisfaction and registration of each aspect the authority should give NOC to the project for the iCO, this will prevent fake or low quality projects to pass through this screening.

rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:20:43 PM

Thank you for the video and the insight there in. The effect of scam ICO can never be over emphasis, more exposure and deterant need to be established to save guard  genuine ICO.
not altcoin hitler

Activity: 212
Merit: 22

Amazix

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:23:41 PM

First of all ICO projects should be a legally registered company and they must follow every rules and regulations in the respected country. For investors they must make KYC and AML policies mandatory which must be conducted in a strict manner. Team members profiles must be completely transparent without any black marks.

TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 09:42:52 PM

Thank you for the video and the insight there in. The effect of scam ICO can never be over emphasis, more exposure and deterant need to be established to save guard  genuine ICO.

I appreciate the comment Smiley If you have any suggestions feel free to add them.

Positivebetting
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 07:30:45 PM

Who else thinks we should have some ico standards. Since the starting of this, we have seen people get smarter and the government has put pressure for ICO's to add KYC information.

Positivebetting
Mysteryla

Activity: 420
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:56:52 PM

There is no way all investors or cryptocurrency enthusiasts will have the same knowledge based idea that can be used to identify scam projects or ICOs that are not likely going to succeed. This is more reasons we need regulations. This way,even an investor that is still a novice will feel safe to invest, without having any cause whatsoever to panic. By then, the standards would have been laid down.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2018, 10:06:21 PM

There is no way all investors or cryptocurrency enthusiasts will have the same knowledge based idea that can be used to identify scam projects or ICOs that are not likely going to succeed. This is more reasons we need regulations. This way,even an investor that is still a novice will feel safe to invest, without having any cause whatsoever to panic. By then, the standards would have been laid down.

Some regulations will actually help the industry, but people need to do research which is the key. LOTS of scams are very easily spotted.

Positivebetting
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 05:53:18 PM

I think it is quite difficult to implement country specific regulations. The ICO projects could just bypass it by registering itself in some countries that don't regulate ICOs.
As cryptocurrencies are all about decentralisation, I believe there should be community driven effort to self regulate these ICOs.
I could see there are some platforms trying to do that, it takes time for them to grow and mature and to become the gold standard in the crypto world.

I dont think we necessarily need regulations, we need standards as a community. We need to stand out against the shitty projects and get smarter with what we allow to pass.
Self-regulation in the activities of ICO will not help us get rid of fraudulent projects, as this will not be necessary for them. Therefore, we cannot do without state regulation of ICO activities. Government agencies will identify each member of the ICO team and most likely control the collection of funds and even their targeted use.
But to allow the ICO team to the possession of our confidential information is impossible. If such a KYC check is necessary, it should also be collected by a government agency.
soundrum
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:41:21 PM

This is cool and I pray it happens one day so that the money and interest of investors will be protected from scammers and lazy developers and and if this could be standard of the industry, then many people will believe in it.
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:48:17 PM

Great idea or suggestions because there so many icos project are fake
Talking about how to implement standard rules and regulations making icos project is the first need to consider
Second the legality of the project 3rd the reputation of devs but how can do this?

TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2018, 05:18:25 PM

Great idea or suggestions because there so many icos project are fake
Talking about how to implement standard rules and regulations making icos project is the first need to consider
Second the legality of the project 3rd the reputation of devs but how can do this?

I think people just need to be more educated on the possible risks and actual understanding of the market. There are people who still think the cryptocurrency market is just free money since bitcoin was booming. If people hold ICO's and companies to higher standards then things will change. I think we have already started to see some of the changes.

Positivebetting
Rob768

Activity: 324
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 11:24:53 PM

I think your opinion is right. You will be a good ICO analyst, maybe you can try to become analyst in ICObench? I'm fond of quality ICO reviews and you can do them. Just try!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: