Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:01:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread  (Read 49470 times)
wallaw252

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 05:00:00 PM

Just got a new FutureBit  Batch 3 and my dashboard doesn't show us. It said: SyntaxError: Unexpected token in JSON at position 1476
Anyone can help me with that.
Thanks
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7t6lf5qwbpz0wv/Screenshot%202020-05-22%2009.55.52.png?dl=0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iDisturbia

Activity: 84
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 05:25:50 PM

Just got a new FutureBit  Batch 3 and my dashboard doesn't show us. It said: SyntaxError: Unexpected token in JSON at position 1476
Anyone can help me with that.
Thanks

Download the image again (don’t use whatever you already have) and build your SD card.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1390

View Profile
May 23, 2020, 06:32:11 AM
Merited by MoparMiningLLC (1)

Hello, i'm a newbie and thinking to buy an Apollo.
I juste have 2 questions :
- what is the interest to run a full node ?
- what benefit i can expected / month with this Apollo

Many thanks.

Short answer; don’t bother.

If you even pay for electricity as low as .10 (USD), there will be loss.

Mining crypto and securing the network is never a loss, and thats even more true unless you somehow lose the coins you mined.

The only time you "lose" is if you are selling crypto for fiat, in which case you dont belong here and you should be making fiat some other way.

The reason I built sub 200 watt machines are so people never have to worry about how much fiat that are using to run one 24/7, because a cup of coffee a month almost anyone can afford, but the upside to what they are mining in crypto is almost limitless.

The answer I give most people when they bring up "but your mining at a fiat loss so why would you mine at all" is to go back to the beginning and realize why people were mining bitcoin when it was literally "worthless" against fiat.

The only real answer to this question is that right now you can mine the most crypto from any given hardware in recent litecoin history. It is without the doubt the best moment to be mining, and people in a few years would kill to be able to mine .2 litecoin a month, just like people wish they could mine anything close to .2 bitcoin a month today on a small peice of hardware running on your desk  Wink

On a different note, where are all the Apollo Full Node holdouts??? Were ~10 nodes away from being the #3 most popular node on the Litecoin network....grab a spare USB drive and fire up those nodes we should be in the hundreds by now!

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
iDisturbia

View Profile
May 23, 2020, 05:17:40 PM

Mining crypto and securing the network is never a loss, and thats even more true unless you somehow lose the coins you mined.

The only time you "lose" is if you are selling crypto for fiat, in which case you dont belong here and you should be making fiat some other way.

The reason I built sub 200 watt machines are so people never have to worry about how much fiat that are using to run one 24/7, because a cup of coffee a month almost anyone can afford, but the upside to what they are mining in crypto is almost limitless.

The answer I give most people when they bring up "but your mining at a fiat loss so why would you mine at all" is to go back to the beginning and realize why people were mining bitcoin when it was literally "worthless" against fiat.

The only real answer to this question is that right now you can mine the most crypto from any given hardware in recent litecoin history. It is without the doubt the best moment to be mining, and people in a few years would kill to be able to mine .2 litecoin a month, just like people wish they could mine anything close to .2 bitcoin a month today on a small peice of hardware running on your desk  Wink

On a different note, where are all the Apollo Full Node holdouts??? Were ~10 nodes away from being the #3 most popular node on the Litecoin network....grab a spare USB drive and fire up those nodes we should be in the hundreds by now!

First thing first: I was a fan - and still am of your hard work and bravery betting your time, energy and resources on LTC! I am sure you could've chosen any other crypto / coin and come up with similar idea / solution and implement it. But, you chose LTC! Why? I still don't know and you don't share what affected your decision.

Not our business ... it's your business!!

But I never said mining is wrong.

Looking at LTC foundation's in/activities which they don't even care to update their main web site with current year (still showing 2019) and their official forums with questions like "How often you visit dating sites" and etc, I say mining or even bothering with LTC is a loss.

What could change my mind with LTC is to hearing news like Atari's choice of LTC (https://www.theblockcrypto.com/linked/65840/litecoin-and-atari-team-up-in-anticipation-of-the-atari-tokens-launch) helps me not Zzzzzzzzz when someone talks about LTC!!

Yes, certain people at certain point of time do things that absolutely makes no sense to dummies like yours truly .... and years later I still kick myself why I wasted my time working my butt off at some highly paid IT company!!

But yesterday's ideas / solutions and or one of a kind life time opportunities come and go - and only ONCE! It would make feel even more stupid if I try to repeat what people used to do years ago and got huge returns.

I'd rather not waste my time on yesterday's brilliant ideas / dreams which became reality for some people! It's done  - gone - deal with it -> I'll try to keep my eyes open for the next unknown stupid idea similar to mining or buying bitcoin years ago!

Mining LTC though is not one of them ... their golden days are long gone.

As for mining and wasting electricity, YES, it is indeed waste of energy which can be used for a lot more critical things in the world ... like helping certain part of our world without power or super expensive!

But, I still do it! I mine ETH or ETC with only 1 RX 580 GPU 24x7 and pays for itself a lot quicker than mining LTC. More critical is the fact that ETH boys and girls are full of positive ideas / activities / updates etc which keep me sit straight, pay attention and take notes.

What I do appreciate your company is the fact that I purchased both your products (Apollo and Moonlander 2) NOT as money making machine but strictly for education and I learned a lot and helped me to open my eyes to this wonderful world of future.

One of the highlights of my short journey with Futurbit is that ASIC mining is even more wrong and it's interesting how many popular cryptos change / upgrade their networks / protocols to keep ASIC miners far away.

LTC is in hands of a few hundred major miners worldwide with thousands of devices in their farms so in fact LTC's future is in their hands! Why would I care to keep LTC network secure by running a node so they can benefit from increased security of LTC network which obviously would raise the LTC price and make even more cash for their LTC??

Your company didn't work so hard for over a year to just enable Apollo to work as a node and become #3 or #1 popular node out there.

I know why you did it but you should've thrown a bigger bone for little guys like me to get our attention to care. Wink
TheRipler

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 23, 2020, 09:04:18 PM

I got hit by a tornado last Friday, so one node down is on me. Ripped the roof off, and had to cut power to the building.
RazerBlade

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 06:10:03 AM

Thank you for your answers. I still ordered an Apollo because this little ASIC interests me, and I plan to mine solo with it. More than waiting for it to arrive in France. Thank you again for your honest answers.
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2020, 07:49:24 AM

The only real answer to this question is that right now you can mine the most crypto from any given hardware in recent litecoin history. It is without the doubt the best moment to be mining, and people in a few years would kill to be able to mine .2 litecoin a month, just like people wish they could mine anything close to .2 bitcoin a month today on a small peice of hardware running on your desk  Wink

This is where I find the disconnect between BTC and LTC. BTC is actively being developed, but LTC feels abandoned by Charlie Lee and no one has really stepped up. I still like that pooler put in a lot of work with litecoinpool, cpuminer, electrum-ltc. And you jstefanop with this ASIC miner, bfgminer, etc.  Hard to say if LTC community can really step up with the coding side of it. I haven't seen any commits in over a year.

iDisturbia

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 02:54:32 PM

The only real answer to this question is that right now you can mine the most crypto from any given hardware in recent litecoin history. It is without the doubt the best moment to be mining, and people in a few years would kill to be able to mine .2 litecoin a month, just like people wish they could mine anything close to .2 bitcoin a month today on a small peice of hardware running on your desk  Wink

This is where I find the disconnect between BTC and LTC. BTC is actively being developed, but LTC feels abandoned by Charlie Lee and no one has really stepped up. I still like that pooler put in a lot of work with litecoinpool, cpuminer, electrum-ltc. And you jstefanop with this ASIC miner, bfgminer, etc.  Hard to say if LTC community can really step up with the coding side of it. I haven't seen any commits in over a year.

Any person with absolute lowest IQ (that would be me!!) should be able to connect the dots and says NO to LTC!

Announcement was all over the news and internet:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/20/litecoin-founder-charlie-lee-sells-his-holdings-in-the-cryptocurrency.html

How much and when? When it was as high as LTC boy figured his baby coin could reach!

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/litecoin/

So, it went UP UP UP ... the guy emptied his wallet to ZERO ... since then LTC has kept going DOWN DOWN DOWN ... because certainly developers do not give CRAP CRAP CRAP!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/codm8v/charlie_lee_admitting_that_leaked_chat_about_no/

FWIW, CL says he sold some and donated some ... but no one knows where he donated!!
jarvisparvis

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 04:29:40 PM

If you having probs with heat from USB sticks get a male to female USB lead and proximity/heat issue gone. Simples
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 06:02:49 PM

For the question on why I personally am working on BTC over LTC (even though BTC is in my pipeline  Wink ) is simply because thats how I got into crypto back in 2011-12, whats also more exciting for me is the fact that LTC is an order of magnitude smaller than BTC in terms of network hash power, community etc and thats a plus since the stuff im working on I dont need to sell 100's of thousands of units to have a material impact on the network.

As for the dev side of things, there is a lot of stuff happening in the background that you cant see simply from commits etc. Version 18 of the node is about to be released, and we are pretty close to testing the wimblenimble extension blocks on the network, which will be a huge update and set LTC apart even further from BTC.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
iDisturbia

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 01:37:55 AM

For the question on why I personally am working on BTC over LTC (even though BTC is in my pipeline  Wink ) is simply because thats how I got into crypto back in 2011-12, whats also more exciting for me is the fact that LTC is an order of magnitude smaller than BTC in terms of network hash power, community etc and thats a plus since the stuff im working on I dont need to sell 100's of thousands of units to have a material impact on the network.

As for the dev side of things, there is a lot of stuff happening in the background that you cant see simply from commits etc. Version 18 of the node is about to be released, and we are pretty close to testing the wimblenimble extension blocks on the network, which will be a huge update and set LTC apart even further from BTC.

I believe you meant “why I personally am working on LTC over BTC...” Wink

Yeah, I know what you mean but years from now when people ask me why you always buy stuff from Futurebit, I’d say becasue Apollo and Moonlander 2 introduced me to crypto!  Cool

As for nodes stuff, if they really care to see more of it to provide additional security / faster transaction etc etc, there must be some sort passive income for little guys like us with 1 or 2 Apollo(s).

In my case, as little as being able to pay for my electricity - would do!

Then, of course, there are those who believe In LTC We Trust ... but many of us have not joined the club yet! Wink
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 07:05:16 PM

I believe you meant “why I personally am working on LTC over BTC...” Wink

Yeah, I know what you mean but years from now when people ask me why you always buy stuff from Futurebit, I’d say becasue Apollo and Moonlander 2 introduced me to crypto!  Cool

As for nodes stuff, if they really care to see more of it to provide additional security / faster transaction etc etc, there must be some sort passive income for little guys like us with 1 or 2 Apollo(s).

In my case, as little as being able to pay for my electricity - would do!

Then, of course, there are those who believe In LTC We Trust ... but many of us have not joined the club yet! Wink

I get it, and I think thats one of the few flaws of the BTC/LTC protocol....all the rewards go to miners. % of at least the transactions fees should go to full node operators.

Either way the utility of a full node and running one in your house will be seen in the future, when mass adoption has occurred and the ecosystem is threatened by centralized entities going against the what the users want, but would be powerless when everyone is running a node and a user activated soft fork can keep them in check. Again this is only possible when the vast majority of users are running their own nodes.

This has to be engrained as a norm user practice in crypto, not something a few people do just for fun.

RazerBlade

View Profile
May 28, 2020, 05:11:36 PM

I received my Apollo today. Very well packed, very short delivery times. Installation and commissioning in a few minutes ... what happiness ! Thank's.
2FastMiner

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 28, 2020, 11:24:17 PM

Ever since I upgraded to the new full node firmware, my Apollo like to shut itself down for no apparent reason.  It's only happened twice but it never happened before the full node firmware update.  Has anyone else experienced this?
Robertanu3

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 03:36:32 PM

I'm getting this error.

ECONREFUSED 127.0.0.1:4028

I've turned on port forwarding. Port 9333 (port forwarding works on a server I'm running with Litecoin core Node.)
I've turned on UPnP.
Ive flashed the operating system twice.
I've formatted the usb drive twice and set it up with the Litecoin directory and contents.

When I start the node, the gear just spins and never starts the node.

Any Ideas?
RazerBlade

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 07:47:52 PM

I'm getting this error.

I've turned on port forwarding. Port 9333 (port forwarding works on a server I'm running with Litecoin core Node.)
I've turned on UPnP.
I've formatted the usb drive twice and set it up with the Litecoin directory and contents.

Any Ideas?

I have the same error this morning, and that's because i put false info in the pool adress. When i put good info, i restart the Apollo, and every thing run fine. But i'm a newbie on this Apollo, so wait a confirmation.
Robertanu3

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 11:12:15 AM

I'm getting this error.

I've turned on UPnP.

Any Ideas?

I have the same error this morning, and that's because i put false info in the pool adress. When i put good info, i restart the Apollo, and every thing run fine. But i'm a newbie on this Apollo, so wait a confirmation.

The miner works perfect. It’s the node that isn’t working.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2020, 08:27:41 PM

I'm getting this error.

I've turned on UPnP.

Any Ideas?

If you trying to access it right after boot you might see this. Come back in an hour or two and the node should have fully loaded.

Robertanu3

View Profile
June 01, 2020, 03:23:06 PM

I'm getting this error.

I've turned on UPnP.

Any Ideas?

If you trying to access it right after boot you might see this. Come back in an hour or two and the node should have fully loaded.

Waited 13 hours after reboot and still did’nt work.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2020, 04:27:48 PM

Can you send a screenshot of the error to hello@futurebit.io and well help you out there.

Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: