Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 10:51:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How scammers can steal your tokens  (Read 218 times)
gamblrone (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 02:52:11 PM

up
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 03:08:47 PM

Crypto community needs to be vigilant all the time against these scammers and thieves, mostly they can contact you through telegram or email and they will try to get your personal details and data, so never fill out any links or forms they send you and also never click their links, secondly always use a strong and unique password for your wallet and keep your secret key at a safe and secure place and never share it with any one else.
If a random person contacts someone through email/telegram/facebook asking for his personal and crucial info and that person replies and falls for the scam, then that guy really deserves to get scammed. You do dumb stuffs, you pay for it.
Just using a strong password for your wallet won't help. You will have to keep your computer secured too.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Belianez

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 03:41:02 PM

Of course what you have described thank you very much, I was faced with fraud when I was sent tokens of a fake project and wanted me to send real, and also common phishing (

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 03:53:05 PM

Scammers and fraudsters are more cunning than as stated above
Scammers are able to steal your tokens because you give them the oppurtunity to do so by making yourself vulnerable

If you get any link regarding any project
Simply go to the official page on twitter to enquire before clicking external links
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 04:01:06 PM

Thanks for the warning, much appreciated. I almost never used EOS before just in a couple of transaction to play games and some other minor stuff, so I want to ask a question after they send the fake token they have to find a way to connect with you to claim the real token correct? My other question is can't you guys check the credibility of any token sent on EOS easily? I mean if you had EOS balance already the fake token will be super easy to catch!
hummer113

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 04:03:08 PM

Scammers never sleep, every day inventing new tricks, we need every day to share experiences, together we are stronger.
JayCue

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 04:15:51 PM

Scammers are very wise nowadays. I did not even think this simple trick could get-rich-quick them. Thanks for this, we can now avoid this kind of scam.

⌐      ERC-20 Token to pay Goods and Services      ¬
▬▬▬▬    ██ █▌█ ▌ b y z b i t ▐ █▐█ ██    ▬▬▬▬
└   Whitepaper   Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Facebook   Linkedin   ┘
⌐      ERC-20 Token to pay Goods and Services      ¬
▬▬▬▬    ██ █▌█ ▌ b y z b i t ▐ █▐█ ██    ▬▬▬▬
└   Whitepaper   Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Facebook   Linkedin   ┘
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 04:29:09 PM

I do not think that this will be so obvious, because today there are all the same so many social projects that really force people to try very hard to deceive one or the other. It seems to me that this is a difficult job and not honest.
Ellionise

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 09:39:26 PM

I think that is described in the main post, already know a lot about it and other participants, I think scammers are developing very much in the cryptocurrency you need to carefully always check everything (

VECAP ▬ next generation of smart home
https://vecap.io/
avonka

Activity: 512
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:39:13 PM

The crypto market is relatively small one (in fact it is smaller day by day) and it is highly manipulated and it is reacting on FUD, news, big sell orders etc. It is important to spend some time in the crypto world and understand how the market is behaving before investing. Otherwise, you could  lose your funds if you start panicking and dumping your coins.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: