Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:24:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The trolls have invaded serious discussion.  (Read 287 times)
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:38:58 AM

I thought that was a place for actual chat, I guess not.

I'm not sure that there's much that can be done for this community with the overwhelming amount of shitposts that occur here.

Later guys, signing off for a few years. I might come back when BTC hits $1 million.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 6764

Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:58:07 AM
Merited by Steamtyme (1)

You're going to let that drive you away from bitcointalk?  There's shitposters in every section on this forum, and my suggestion would be to make the ignore button your best friend and report zero-value posts when you find them.  Serious Discussion & Ivory Tower are supposed to be more heavily moderated if I'm not mistaken, i.e., there's much less tolerance for bullshit posts.  I don't post in either section very often, but I have noticed some one-line garbage posts that didn't seem like they belonged in those elite sections.

Theymos is aware of the problem, but he's making changes slowly yet decisively.  I have a feeling more "adjustments" are in the works as far as the merit system goes, and I've got my fingers crossed that he'll eventually wise up and put some restrictions on ICO devs/bounty managers/bounty hunters.  There are solutions to the shitposting problem, but they haven't been implemented yet and I feel your frustration, believe me.  I'd advise you not to abandon the forum, but if you do, best of luck to you.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
pptIox

Activity: 61
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 03:29:43 AM

I thought that was a place for actual chat, I guess not.

I'm not sure that there's much that can be done for this community with the overwhelming amount of shitposts that occur here.

Later guys, signing off for a few years. I might come back when BTC hits $1 million.

Friend, the game is just beginning, but you are leaving, it doesn’t seem wise.
Every day, people from different countries gather and chat. I think I can learn a lot. Since I came to bitcointalk, I have learned a lot of knowledge, not just crypto.
Shitposts should not be the reason for your departure. I found that most of your posts are in Politics & Society. To be honest, Politics & Society is very clean and very few shitposts, I also often read other people’s posts there.
The merit system has blocked most of the shitposters, although I am newcomer, I can realized, because I saw a many people begging for merit at Beginners & Help and usually they all failed. So I think that what you are worried about is moving in the right direction,this is the reason why you should not leave, and you are also very helpful for newcomers, many beginners here need your help.
By the way, if you have to wait until BTC hits $1 million to come back, it seems to me that you have given up on the forum because BTC hits $1 million is unlikely to happen. I suggest that if you really want to leave for a while, then you can come back when BTC hits $50,000.
Anyway, this is your choice, good luck!
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8906

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 03:43:30 AM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

report zero-value posts when you find them

Why do that when you can create a drama thread in Meta? Grin

Bluefire is a known troll (TECSHARE's long lost twin) so let's file it under "Pot, Kettle" and move on.
Gloverwrt

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 05:56:30 AM

Serious discussion doesn't not allow signatures nor add to your post account or activity. So posts made there have no motivation whatsoever aside contributing to the discussion. That was the idea when creating those boards, and it surely in a better state that most other boards and there are hardly spam mega threads.

You can conveniently navigate through those board and find the discuss that appeals to you and ignore those which don't.
madnessteat
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1937

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 07:08:20 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2018, 07:31:59 AM by madnessteat

If you wish, you can find useful information on the forum, even among the huge number of shitposting and trolls. Everyday I learn more and more through the forum. Do not leave the forum. Just ignore shitpost and submit reports to moderator for bad posts. Only together can we clear the forum until another solution is found.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Infinixhot1996

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 07:14:57 AM

If you truly wanted to leave as you claim, you'll quietly exit the forum, shutting the doors quietly that no one can hear'em
But coming in here to tell us you're leaving is basically laughable as we know you'll still be nicking around the corner somewhere.

I've seen this multiple times on numerous social media groups,when a guy claims to be leaving the group,but remains active in them all year long  Grin
Sharon121212

Activity: 280
Merit: 215

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 07:19:42 AM

Although you did not send link to some instances of you or anybody being trolled. Trolling is gradually becoming part of the internet. This is a forum that has more than a million users so you don't expect everyone to have a straight thinking.

Trolls are on every board not just serious discussion alone but it's possible to ignore them that why the ignore button is at your beg and call.
Leaving the forum won't prevent trolls or would it stop the forum from attaining greater heights rather it would affect you and only you.

I would not beg you to stay on the forum the decision is entirely yours to make but if your decision is based on trolls then am sorry to say you not worthy of being on the forum in the first place because it goes to show you don't know what your goals are.

PS.  Never let others make you give up.... I put this to you even in everyone normal day to day life trolls are also there so I really hope you don't leave the world by taking your own life when you experience them because unlike bitcoin talk that you can come back to when bitcoin reaches $1million there is no coming back to life
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2432

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 08:29:18 AM

Well I did my best with my cliff edge thread. I've become a bit cautious in my old age, but I think trying to trade the downside wicks is fairly safe, and can be stimulating. I suspect it is more of a steady earner than a life changer though.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 727

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 08:56:25 AM

This happens because the shit posters (signature spammers) don't know that in those section there will be no signature shown.So we need to teach that it is not going to counted towards your weekly quota then everything will be solved. Cheesy

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███