Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:27:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea for NEW Agilmine FPGA UltraMiner  (Read 1087 times)
arm_race (OP)

Activity: 148
Merit: 9

Contact dev@agilmine.com for our FPGA miner info!

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 03:19:56 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2018, 03:42:36 PM by arm_race

Lyra2rev2 is already ASIC'ed.
Tribus, Keccak, 0xbtc algos are dead if speaking in terms of profit
The last coin which is used Phi1612 algo is a small shitcoim called Folm with about $100/day trading volume on exchange, and even this small coin is going to fork with algo change
On Phi2 even old RX Polaris are provide almost two times cheaper hash cost. $44/Mh vs ~$25/Mh. nvidia Pascal - even bigger difference
Zcoin - the biggest Lyra2z coin is going to fork at Dec 10th, hashing algorithm is also will be changed. Also 35Mh it's very overestimated hash rate for this type fpga chip... real achievable ceiling is about 25mh/s
On cryptonight v8 fpgas can't  achieve any reasonable hashrate due to sqrt and div which was added into V8 cryptonight codebase. in terms of hash cost fpgas can't beat AMD Polaris and  nvidia Pascal GPUs.
No doubt that payback period of these fpgas will be much higher than 1.5 year. (very optimistically) and we are not taking in count huge amount of bcu1525 and chinese copycats which are hitting network these days

Owners of all this great mining equipment will be screwed with unreasonable roi period.
I want to repeat: nowadays mainly only miming hardware manufacturers and hardware resellers earn money in crypto mining  sphere.
This is a game where  miners will always lose
In near time we'll see more and more coins forks with asic, fpga resistant algos.

Thanks for you inputs, but my friend i think you are overly pessimistic  Roll Eyes
HW resource and capability of this fpga device is very powerful and can easily adapt to the future algorithm changes. besides there are always new coins popping up, programmer can develop new algo support on fpga board with decent hash power. and have i mentioned about power difference between gpu and fpga?
Again, i believe it would be really hard to become fpga resistant.

Agilmine Altcoin FPGA Miner (dev@agilmine.com)
Discord: https://discord.gg/R36gzXM
Mailist Product Update: http://eepurl.com/dMfjhQ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grapefruit

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:04:36 PM

The last coin which is used Phi1612 algo is a small shitcoim called Folm with about $100/day trading volume on exchange, and even this small coin is going to fork with algo change
On Phi2 even old RX Polaris are provide almost two times cheaper hash cost. $44/Mh vs ~$25/Mh. nvidia Pascal - even bigger difference
Zcoin - the biggest Lyra2z coin is going to fork at Dec 10th, hashing algorithm is also will be changed. Also 35Mh it's very overestimated hash rate for this type fpga chip... real achievable ceiling is about 25mh/s
On cryptonight v8 fpgas can't  achieve any reasonable hashrate due to sqrt and div which was added into V8 cryptonight codebase. in terms of hash cost fpgas can't beat AMD Polaris and  nvidia Pascal GPUs.
No doubt that payback period of these fpgas will be much higher than 1.5 year. (very optimistically) and we are not taking in count huge amount of bcu1525 and chinese copycats which are hitting network these days

Owners of all this great mining equipment will be screwed with unreasonable roi period.
I want to repeat: nowadays mainly only miming hardware manufacturers and hardware resellers earn money in crypto mining  sphere.
In near time we'll see more and more coins forks with asic, fpga resistant algos.

Hi.

We do accomplish 25MH/s in simulation on Kintex based devices already. The VU3P has more FPGA logic so we expect that it should see improved hash rate, but we have not done simulation testing with VU3P yet, as our expectation was that people would be more interested in the cheaper UM miner (this might be a wrong assumption on our part).
I do not understand where your cealing of 25MH/s for Lyra2Z would come from? The basic hash done in Lyra2Z is just a chained 64bit blake2b  (8*8*9 times chained for Lyra2Z) and that is trivial to get really fast. Your limits will comes in how you design the memory routing for the 768 x 8 x 8 bits work matrixes needed.

Now our simulation assume that we have no issues with power delivery or cooling. And we are not assuming that the FPGAs will be in some power-saving low voltage mode, we are giving them all they can handle, and our PCB layout design will support this reliably. But that is also why we do not want to go bigger then VU3P, as a massive combined package like VU9P has much more issues with power delivery and heat dissipation.

While we have not done enough work to say much about any Cryptonight version yet. I do not agree that integer division and square root operations would be a FPGA blocker. Just a simple Radix2 divider would not be to big and can be heavily pipelined, and then there are the hardened DSP blocks "Configurable ASIC blocks if you will" in most FPGA's that can be used for thees purposes  as well.

lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:09:22 PM

Will this be distributed in the usa so that way usa customers won't have to pay 25 percent extra trump tarriffs?

Also will there be memory add on to this device so we can mine memory hungry algos?

Im interested in the ultra miner plus.
arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 12:13:11 AM

Will this be distributed in the usa so that way usa customers won't have to pay 25 percent extra trump tarriffs?

Also will there be memory add on to this device so we can mine memory hungry algos?

Hi i think it might be 27% now?  Wink we are based in US, definitely want to better serve US customers. we will look into where this product should be built to reduce cost on customer side.
it is possible to add a small piece of high speed ram on board for mining lite memory intensive algorithm more efficiently, but probably not those heavy memory ones like ethereum.. we are still evaluating the benefit/cost addtion.
thanks.

nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 07:02:49 AM

Thanks for you inputs, but my friend i think you are overly pessimistic  Roll Eyes
HW resource and capability of this fpga device is very powerful and can easily adapt to the future algorithm changes. besides there are always new coins popping up, programmer can develop new algo support on fpga board with decent hash power. and have i mentioned about power difference between gpu and fpga?

Hes not being pessimistic, just being honest.  No doubt FPGAs are highly capable, but not profitable with the algos you have presented.
arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 04:04:50 PM

Hes not being pessimistic, just being honest.  No doubt FPGAs are highly capable, but not profitable with the algos you have presented.

we have not finalized the algos list yet, and at the end of day fpga of this price and performance should outperforms gpu in terms of ROI, and takes much less power. there are already many secretly mining using custom design fpga boards, we want to start an open fpga project that everyone can have access to.

vuli1

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 06:18:41 PM

this sounds more interesting, than 4k

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:18:27 PM

If these existed now I would jump at the chance to grab a few, unfortunately the waiting game for these type of projects can extend way past what most people are comfortable with. I think the kickstarter idea might not be a bad way to go with this.
arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 03:19:42 PM

If these existed now I would jump at the chance to grab a few, unfortunately the waiting game for these type of projects can extend way past what most people are comfortable with. I think the kickstarter idea might not be a bad way to go with this.

Thanks, so what do you think of our price point. for ultraminer, we can potentially go with lower price with cheaper fpga, but the performance would be lower as well.
However the $1099 is probably the lowest price we can make for Virtex based UltraminerPlus

thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 08:11:18 PM

Thanks, so what do you think of our price point. for ultraminer, we can potentially go with lower price with cheaper fpga, but the performance would be lower as well.
However the $1099 is probably the lowest price we can make for Virtex based UltraminerPlus

The price is reasonable if you compare it to the other options available, the only reason I might consider going with a cheaper fpga would be if you could produce it faster and in smaller batches. I would much rather have a FPGA that can do 12 mhs on Lyra2z @ 60w delivered in under a month than one that can do 25-35 mhs @ 60w-80w 4 months from now.
astraleureka

Activity: 236
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:04:45 PM

Monoro sounds like an interesting project  Huh
basscleff1

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:54:35 PM

-Assuming you have all the bitstreams and dev's making them?
-Kickstarter for sure, everyone gets an extra layer of security
-Consider adding ram, and mine with RAM intensive algo's, which then puts your product in it's own class.
basscleff1

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:59:02 PM

Hi i think it might be 27% now?  Wink we are based in US, definitely want to better serve US customers. we will look into where this product should be built to reduce cost on customer side.
it is possible to add a small piece of high speed ram on board for mining lite memory intensive algorithm more efficiently, but probably not those heavy memory ones like ethereum.. we are still evaluating the benefit/cost addtion.
thanks.

ship to me in Canada, then I ship to you in US Smiley
arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 12:11:19 PM

-Assuming you have all the bitstreams and dev's making them?
-Kickstarter for sure, everyone gets an extra layer of security
-Consider adding ram, and mine with RAM intensive algo's, which then puts your product in it's own class.

Yes we will be making all the algorithm bitstream files. in future we consider release some as open source to allow community contribution.
we are still evaluating the option of adding memory to the board. thanks. we hope to finalize the negotiation with supplier and launch the kickstarter campaign soon

Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 08:38:52 PM

Better use the most powerfull version with RAM to get a security web for algo evolutions. And payment via bank card.
jqprez

Activity: 813
Merit: 65

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 05:18:11 PM

the commercial is not so fast. Today, for ultraminer i think the people not can pay more of 300 dollars...
and 500 for ultraminer plus... but is just my opinion
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: