Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:49:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Research shows it is hard to make money with bitcoin mining  (Read 913 times)
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6375

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 02:52:30 AM

Well, I can tell you that it is quite hard to get research peer reviewed and published in an academic journal. One of my goals a couple of years ago was to get the academic world to take crypto seriously and get something published.

Looking at the investments people make without really looking into the risk, makes it clear that a lot of people assume it is easy money. I don't like to assume too much and study the data. Smiley

don't get "us" wrong, i mean we as miners do not need any published paper to know about something the we already have personal experience with, it's like going to a group of doctors to tell him something basic like how important vitamin D is  Grin

make no mistake, i have read the paper and honestly that's an amazing job you did right there,to anyone who is not an experienced miner ( or a doctor in my example) will differently find these info very valuable. your effort are highly appropriated.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 08:15:53 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2019, 11:52:21 PM by frodocooper
Merited by frodocooper (1)

don't get "us" wrong, i mean we as miners do not need any published paper to know about something the we already have personal experience with, it's like going to a group of doctors to tell him something basic like how important vitamin D is  Grin

make no mistake, i have read the paper and honestly that's an amazing job you did right there,to anyone who is not an experienced miner ( or a doctor in my example) will differently find these info very valuable. your effort are highly appropriated.

Thanks for your nice comment. Most science seems like common sense, but on the other hand, up until recently most doctors assumed bloodletting was an awesome technique to get people back on their feet Cheesy

I hope my research will be a good basis to compare mining techniques to each other on a cost/benefit basis. You have to start somewhere.

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: