Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:41:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think the amount of Trading Pairs on an Exchange matters?  (Read 395 times)
bajindul88

Activity: 303
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:13:55 AM

These are the top 3 exchanges by trading pairs

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@roark101/top-3-exchanges-by-trading-pairs

Are the number of trading pairs available something that you look at when signing up to an exchange?

In my opinion it is quite important, because of the thousands of users certainly have a trading pairs who is relied on to exchange, there are those who are loyal to the btc partner, eth, bts, neo, doge, etc. quite interesting and become their own advantage for exchange if they have a complete trading pairs in the exchange of cryptocurrencies.
Mahanton

Activity: 2716
Merit: 632

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:19:26 AM

Are the number of trading pairs available something that you look at when signing up to an exchange?

Number of trading pairs aren't a strong preference for you to rely on when making decision on finding an exchange.It would be much
more worth a choice on an exchange do have fewer but listing out the most potential ones in the market rather than seeing an exchange
that do have hundreds but most of them are shitcoins. Popularity+reliability+security+volume is the factors I'm finding for.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:21:29 AM

I think that is very important, if only the number of pairs in trading is too much it will affect the balance volume. In fact people only choose partners who have more volume than other customers. If indeed the couple is important, just use the popular coins
ronafurw

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 05:15:45 AM

Amount of popular trading pairs is what really matters. I saw a lot of new exchanges, which offer a lot of pairs, but none of them is demanded.
I have seen a lot of exchanges today with a lot of shit coins listed on their site, and they basically think that is what would give their exchange an edge. It is not about the number of trading pairs that will really make an exchange worth trading on; it is basically the number of demanded coins that matters just like you have said. No one today want to be trading shit coins with no product and then end up bag holding them forever, at least, I want to be trading coins that I know have potentials and either I decide to trade or hold, the market is pretty much there hugely for it.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:56:19 AM

Popularity of exchange is the thing. Moreover, some of exchanges offer its users to vote for new trading pairs to appear and I am sure that it is great feature.
What makes an exchange popular in the first place is the fact that they take their time to observe what they are listing and not just every shit coin that is available in the space.

Sorry to make some reference, but I was seeing one exchange's ANN thread (Gravio) just busy listing everything possible from shitcoin to any coin at all, but what is important to gain the trust of the traders who will be using the trading platform is to see the quality of what is being listed. It remains the same thing, when it comes to comparing quality with quantity, quality will always have a better chance and that is the same thing that applies to trading pairs.
MegaPost

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 11:09:35 AM

Most of decentralized exchanges offer huge ammount of trading pairs, but there is nobody to trade them. You may wait up to two days to find a matching offer.
Sylvial

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 11:25:30 AM

For me, the trading pairs matter alongside other very important indices like volume of trades (even though this can be faked and there are exchanges notorious for it) and safety of my funds. I usually would not want to be switching from one coin to another just because there's no trading pair of such coin on that exchange. There are times I want to trade USDT pairs for specific reasons.
Refozzblaze

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 11:29:22 AM

before i sign up an exchange i must pay attention to trading pairs, at least there are BTC, ETH, USD/USDT. Just to make it easier for me when calculating the amount of profit
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 12:15:42 PM

look at exchange volume for starters and security.
other than that it doesnt really matter on the pairs
I think it does but also the security plays a lot of importance here. For example there are exchanges with 200+ coins listed but people do not use them too much, why? Because they do not look like they are trustworthy at all and people are afraid to trust them, not because they will steal your money (they may) but mostly because someone could hack into an exchange that doesn't look too secured.

Hence there is a sweet spot between being trustworthy and number of coins, binance is the optimum number of coins you can list whilst being secure for example. Coinbase has a lot of customers and offers very few number of coins. It all comes down to how much hack attempts you can fend off and if you are big enough and still going strong without any hacking, people will start to use you more.
pitedsarat

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 12:51:17 PM

I think now it makes no sense to sell something ...
kiansantan

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 12:58:29 PM

if only the number of pairs in trading is too much it will affect the balance volume. The fact is people only choose partners who have more volume than other customers. If indeed the couple is important, just use a popular coin.
Khiceog

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 09:31:40 AM

On the couple also worth paying attention to. At the same time, the experienced traders need a lot of steam in order to stay in a comfortable environment at the time of trade.
MainIbem

Activity: 1358
Merit: 390

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 09:37:07 AM

Trading pairs matter. All great exchanges have quite a list of trading pairs. This gives flexibility to users of the exchange.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Arcanefist

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 04:34:03 PM

Most decentralized exchanges offer a huge number of currency pairs, but not with whom to trade them. You can wait up to two days to find a suitable offer.
BillyBelmonte

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 12:01:51 PM

Popularity item exchange. Moreover, some exchanges offer their users to vote for the emergence of new trading pairs, and I'm sure it's a great opportunity.
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 12:11:17 PM

In my own opinion ! It doesn't matter if the number of trading pairs in an exchange is less, the important matter to be noted is the trading volume of the exchange. If the volume is too much then it is a good exchange with a lot of investors who trade or play their cryptocurrencies in that exchange. It is also important to consider the ranking of the coin/s we are going to trade so that we can assure that it is not a dead project and had a good marketcap.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
primeer

Activity: 883
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 01:15:48 PM

Volume is the most important thing, not the number of trading pairs. The problem is many exchanges are creating fake volumes to create demand for their scammy tokens. For that reason, I don't trust most of the exchanges.
EvgenOrel

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 08:48:46 PM

Number of popular trading pairs - that's what really matters. I saw a lot of new exchanges that offer a lot of couples, but none of them are not in demand.
ivanleon

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 09:40:05 PM

I think that the number of shopping pairs does not speak about the quality of the exchange. For example, Yobit has a lot of trading pairs, and the exchange has a lot of negative reviews, often its interface behaves inadequately. HitBTC - this exchange infuriates me, because the coins there can not be completely sold, since there must be an integer number of multiple 10 or 100. So, it is better to have a fast interface and ease of trading than a huge number of trading pairs.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: