Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:39:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shouldn't we merit more new justice members?  (Read 126 times)
mOgliE (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 02:24:30 PM
Merited by cryptohunter (8)

Hey everyone!

So I think the merit system is a good thing and has globally proved itself efficient in spam fighting.

But after roaming for a bit I've wondered: shouldn't we give more merit to new users actually doing good things?

The fact is that I don't understand why some posts or users are getting tons of merit just because they're a campaign manager or they have a good reputation and a good visibility... While some new users are doing really great things and are not really rewarded in my opinion.

Just look at the number of users finding altaccounts, fighting scams and spams, reporting... They're really helping the forum getting cleaned but they're barely recognized for it.

Here an example:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3915584.msg37592752#msg37592752

The guy managed to find alts and show how the user is abusing voting, vouching and bounty system. Thats really great and this kind of behaviour must be encouraged in my opinion. But before I found this post the user had only received 1 merit for this work... Not really incentive...

Look at this whole thread! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2544574.1200
They're all people trying to find alts and scammer! Look at the work they do and the number of merit they receive Oo

And in the meantime posts like this:
No one knows! But one we know, when we all spect something, it goes the other way. so please KEEP expecting lower and lower prices!!

Are receiving as much merit as the person signaling a huge scammer with alts.

Of course I'm not saying the post of timotron doesn't deserve its merit! And no distribution of merit will satisfy everyone so I'm not advocating for a control of merit or anything.

I just think people sending lots of merit and merit sources should really reward the behaviour of people trying to keep the forum clean: people fighting alt abuses, scamming, spamming.

Thanks for your work guys   Kiss

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: