Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:05:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will USA Limit Crypto Derivatives  (Read 259 times)
Nellayar

Activity: 868
Merit: 185

Roobet supporter and player!

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 02:21:04 PM

It all depends over the level of adoption taking place all over the world. When the usage is high automatically the government is responsible to keep its citizens on the safer side. Thus by this the market will get limited that could keep the derivatives that are preferred much while the rest will go unused. This derivatives will get used same as now without getting into regulated market, because entering the regulated network will cause a big change in the growth pattern.
USA is just want to have assurance in cryptocurrency. Though, there are many crypto trraders in USA, I think having limit in crypto derivatives is just for a warning to all citizen that crypto might be disastrous someday. Yes, we never know when crypto will really decline and that is factual. that is why until now, many government are not yet convinced of what cryptocurrency achieved. They treat crypto as a threat with their economic stability regarding with their citizens risk investment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 2143

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 03:50:43 PM

Would it really help for crypto businesses to be regulated? I mean, it's a global market, and the US can only control things within their jurisdiction.
In my opinion, the US already controls the majority of countries except for Russia and China. If they get angry, they will bring "democracy" to any country, even it's outside their jurisdiction. There are so many examples, mainly about terrorism and drug trade.

Either way, I people who want to dip their toes in the Bitcoin market could and should just purchase Bitcoin directly anyway. Derivatives are good in a sense that they can bring money in, but it's not the right way to go about it IMO.
I don't know mate. If we want Bitcoin to be mainstream, it has to play within the rules. Anyway, we should not aim to create ETFs/derivatives, it is still a long way to go. Businesses need to get more accountable and professional so that less P&D, scam, hack, etc., to protect new inexperienced users.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 03:59:27 PM

I guess "limit" is a very broad term, what are they going to limit? Like the leverages maybe? Maybe they won't allow x100 leverages? That is a limiting for example whereas not allowing people to do it at all is also very limiting, we need to know more about what they are planning to limit before we can decide if it is a good thing or not.

I have always been a firm believer that x100 leverages are wrong and should not exist, they are so fragile and can be lost so quickly that people who are doing x100 leverages rarely ever make money and exchanges take all of that, so I assume if they limit it to only x50 then it would be very awesome, that is more realistic and even though it is still risky it is not unrealistic like the x100 one. I hope they won't make it illegal though, they did it for binance for example so lets hope it won't be banned.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: