Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:24:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If it's all so fragile, what's the point?  (Read 285 times)
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 08:58:05 PM

Everything gone in the blink of an eye.
Weeks worth of hard work up in smoke...
Or worse.

If it's so easy to lose everything, why bother?

I've shared countless horror stories of making all kinds of stupid mistakes while trading.
It's embarrassing to admit... but some of those mistakes I've made over.. and over.. and over again...

I have always had a thick skull and been stubborn as hell.
All that pain…
Has taught me valuable lessons in how to keep myself - and my money - safe.

Trading is no different than anything else in life.

When I step into a car...
The first thing I do is put on my seat belt.
I've been doing that for so long, I don't think about it… It just happens.

Wearing a seat belt was a rule growing up.
My parents wouldn't start the car until they heard me click it.
That rule has saved my life.

Thankfully crypto isn't that dramatic.
This is only my bankroll we're talking about.

But protecting my bankroll is damn important to me.
So I wear my seat belt when I trade, too.

My top two most important day trading rules are:
- No trading session may exceed 4% loss
- No individual trade may exceed 2% loss

Those rules address my personal weaknesses, and are tailored for my strategy.
They won’t stop me from getting a trade wrong and losing money…

But they will help me prevent massive damage to my bankroll.

What trading rules do you swear by?
I hope we all see that trading is real and  there is no manipulation in it, it is the way life itself also worked! Trading like the game of life really needs patience and perseverance in other to succeed. It is not a game for children but for the matured mind. Remember, if you lose all your capital in a single trade, it doesn't worth it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1101

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 06:21:26 PM

There is a whole lot of manipulation going on, it is not even a secret anymore. When you look at the margin traders and see the shorts going up in number for a while afterwards bitcoin price goes down, then you see the longs going up in numbers for a while and then price of bitcoin goes up. It is quite obvious nowadays because they do not feel the need to hide anymore, manipulation is nature of bitcoin price and it has always been, it is just more obvious now.

However, what were we expecting, a coin that the price is not regulated will of course have a lot of manipulation and speculation in a world even stuff that have a ton of regulation gets manipulation and speculation, it is just a regular life deal that everything else is having and it was common sense that bitcoin would eventually get it too.
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 07:55:49 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2019, 08:28:27 PM by carlfebz2

There is a whole lot of manipulation going on, it is not even a secret anymore. When you look at the margin traders and see the shorts going up in number for a while afterwards bitcoin price goes down, then you see the longs going up in numbers for a while and then price of bitcoin goes up. It is quite obvious nowadays because they do not feel the need to hide anymore, manipulation is nature of bitcoin price and it has always been, it is just more obvious now.

However, what were we expecting, a coin that the price is not regulated will of course have a lot of manipulation and speculation in a world even stuff that have a ton of regulation gets manipulation and speculation, it is just a regular life deal that everything else is having and it was common sense that bitcoin would eventually get it too.

You are right! Manipulation is just a typical stuff into these kind of markets and due to decentralized and pseudonymous aspect of crypto.Theres no doubt that it is really prone to manipulation.What matters here is that us traders or investors should really be wise or utilize these movements for us to make profits.Expect the unexpected because anytime this crypto market will surprise you.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 10:35:34 PM

Bitcoin will never be regulated. The centralized exchanges where the market making happens can be and are already regulated. Coinbase is the center of the crypto world and one of the most regulated exchanges.

It's an exchange where price discovery happens and there is no manipulation happening over there. I'm sure that Coinbase as prestigious as they are monitor trading activity closely every single second they are operational.

If there is any manipulation (which is very difficult to actually prove), it's likely happening on non regulated shitcoin exchanges that do not have much weight in terms of price discovery.

The pumps and dumps we see are normal considering that there isn't much that backs up Bitcoin and other cryptos value wise. It's all speculation where making money is the main incentive for people to be here.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: