Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:03:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Suggestion] Lets have a dedicated sub-forum for crypto exchanges  (Read 374 times)
avikz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1497

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 10:03:54 AM
Merited by stingers (2), friends1980 (1)

Dear fellow members,

As per the coinmarketcap listing, we have 230 functional crypto exchanges available in the market. Also, I believe I have seen around 30+ ICOs who are again planning to create crypto exchanges to compete in this competitive market.

While we can see the daily volume and other functional numbers of those exchanges through coinmarketcap, we are missing out on a very serious aspect, customer experiences!

Bitcointalk, being the largest community to crypto related people and business can effectively bridge the gap through a sub-forum under "Trading discussion" or "Bitcoin discussion".

So my suggestion to the admin is to create a dedicated sub-forum for Crypto exchanges in this wonderful forum where people can see actual customer experiences and take informed decision for their trading activities.

I see that currently businesses are using "Service Announcements" sub-forum to create threads about crypto exchanges, but it is kind of a mixed bag where we see many other service offerings apart from crypto exchanges only. Having a dedicated sub-forum will not only bring additional revenue stream for the forum, it will also increase the visibility of the exchanges to the right people as well as we can avoid any kind of "problematic" exchanges for good.

Please think and provide your valuable feedback.

Thanks,
Avikz

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Infinixhot1996

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 10:11:24 AM

Cryptocurrency exchanges is a vital aspect in the cryptocurrency world but not a vague one,and it's not really a pressing issue that requires a sub form,hardly do you come across threads that are exchange related.
The trading discussions sections should do well to cover for this,as exchanges are well related to trading,and the trading discussions section looks in good shape and should not be a problem for anyone to ask or share experiences about exchanges.

Creating a new sub form for that will just propagate a plethora of new exchange adverts
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 10:34:58 AM

So my suggestion to the admin is to create a dedicated sub-forum for Crypto exchanges in this wonderful forum where people can see actual customer experiences and take informed decision for their trading activities.
May be it should called crypto exchanges discussion? This way people will not mess up with the sections like:

Bitcoin Forum > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Marketplace (Altcoins) and
Bitcoin Forum > Economy > Marketplace > Currency exchange

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
bigatenz

Activity: 132
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 10:54:04 AM

While we can see the daily volume and other functional numbers of those exchanges through coinmarketcap, we are missing out on a very serious aspect, customer experiences!

But we have child board for that :
Bitcoin Forum > Economy > Marketplace > Service Discussion > Exchanges (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=223.0)
vivavivu

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 11:22:54 AM

I think sub forum should be under marketplace section https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=5.0
Same as lending or currency exchange.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1323

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 02:23:24 PM

Bitcoin Forum > Economy > Marketplace > Service Discussion > Exchanges (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=223.0)

You're right. But this child board isn't very active. I think that many people don't even know that this board exists, because it's located in not very visible place. And another thing - why this child board belongs to Bitcoin Marketplace. I think we need Exchanges child board in altcoin section. And in general, we need more specific board in altcoin section like Beginners and help or technical support. But it seems that theymos don't want to add additional child boards in altcoin section.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 12:37:23 AM

You're right. But this child board isn't very active. I think that many people don't even know that this board exists, because it's located in not very visible place. And another thing - why this child board belongs to Bitcoin Marketplace. I think we need Exchanges child board in altcoin section. And in general, we need more specific board in altcoin section like Beginners and help or technical support. But it seems that theymos don't want to add additional child boards in altcoin section.
I'll agree with you that the altcoin section could do with more categories to be able to better organize the section, and make it more viewable. However, it does have quite a few already, and this is a Bitcoin forum after all. However, I'm not sure if the inactivity of the Exchanges section is because of lack of visibility. I don't know about you, but I know almost every single section, and their child boards, and I could probably recite the order from top to bottom. Excluding local boards.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 727

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 05:07:19 AM

Crypto exchanges are belongs to the traders so can we have a sub-board for exchanges in the trading discussion will be much opt for that to be.Having them in altcoin section will increase nothing but spam.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1323

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 12:17:34 AM

I'll agree with you that the altcoin section could do with more categories to be able to better organize the section, and make it more viewable. However, it does have quite a few already, and this is a Bitcoin forum after all. However, I'm not sure if the inactivity of the Exchanges section is because of lack of visibility. I don't know about you, but I know almost every single section, and their child boards, and I could probably recite the order from top to bottom. Excluding local boards.
Lack of visibility may be one of reasons why this section aren't very active, I predict. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.
About altcoin board - I think it's too messy, because everything is mixed here in one place. I think that having more specific board in altcoin section would help to improve this board. Now all altcoin services are posted in one place - exchanges, various coin ranking services, ICO listing, tools related to bounties and etc. I don't even talk about Altcoin discussion board - if you want to start serious topic with technical questions, your topic soon will be burried by generic altcoin threads. Yes, it's Bitcoin forum, but you can't deny fact that Altcoins is important part of forum and whole crypto industry. Even theymos said that he isn't against creating more specific altcoin child boards, but I'm not sure why he still didn't made it.
Personally, I rarely visit Altcoin section mainly because of mess here. To find something interesting there I have to search hardly.

avikz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 02:40:00 PM

Cryptocurrency exchanges is a vital aspect in the cryptocurrency world but not a vague one,and it's not really a pressing issue that requires a sub form,hardly do you come across threads that are exchange related.
The trading discussions sections should do well to cover for this,as exchanges are well related to trading,and the trading discussions section looks in good shape and should not be a problem for anyone to ask or share experiences about exchanges.

Creating a new sub form for that will just propagate a plethora of new exchange adverts

Crypto exchanges are an integral part of the crypto ecosystem. We rarely see a thread related to a crypto exchange because we don't have much visibility and it is not categorized properly. The goal here is to create a sub-forum related to active crypto exchanges so that people related to cryptos can get a better overview on what's happening in the market.

Also advertisement is an indicator of an active and thriving economy. I don't see advertising in a negative light because it creates awareness about new products and services. Even if we see a plethora of new advertising, it's good for the forum, economically!

Certainly we do but we don't have much visibility of this section because of the location. It's hidden under a list of sub-forums. What I am suggesting is to create a new board or move the existing board to a visible location so that more people can post about their experiences with the exchanges as well as we get to know about new service offerings related to functional exchanges.

jeromix
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

Ako Bayot!

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 03:20:36 PM

Instead of putting a sub forum for exchanges, what if we have to merge all the assets in altcoins and bring back BTC to life. I can see now that BTC is dying and therr must be something that we should do. It is better to give life bitcoin once again so that it can last for more years to cime on its existence.

Flodner

Activity: 1946
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2018, 08:16:18 PM

I just want to say a word of support for this idea.
So many exchanges these days, and more are created. For example there are many new EOS exchanges (tried some of them recently) and more decentralized exchanged are created
So definitely it would be good idea to have such section

avikz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 10:34:42 AM

Instead of putting a sub forum for exchanges, what if we have to merge all the assets in altcoins and bring back BTC to life. I can see now that BTC is dying and therr must be something that we should do. It is better to give life bitcoin once again so that it can last for more years to cime on its existence.

Merging all asset under altcoin section will create more confusion and people will not find whatever they need, instead they will end up seeing random stuffs in altcoin section. Not a good idea!

I just want to say a word of support for this idea.
So many exchanges these days, and more are created. For example there are many new EOS exchanges (tried some of them recently) and more decentralized exchanged are created
So definitely it would be good idea to have such section

Thank you for your kind support. I have faced a lot of issues with some exchanges related to KYC and withdrawal in some of the big exchanges. I still have around $200 worth of Ripple locked up in Poloniex. I couldn't withdraw some ETH from OkEx due to their KYC norms. If we have a dedicated section for crypto exchanges, I would have not faced such issues or have myself prepared well in advance. Information is the key here what I am looking for free flow of information and experiences through a dedicated sub-forum. Bitcointalk is the most active crypto related forum and anything wrong can be informed quickly to the mass.

LeGaulois
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 4065

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 11:33:27 AM

I don't think it's really a visibility problem, people don't have a problem to find their topic to post in, page 25 of the altcoins section but it's true we have threads in the "service announcements" and "exchanges" at the same time. Why not centralize everything.
Perhaps the Exchange section isn't so active because usually, the average Joe uses 2-3 exchanges. So in the end, revamping a little isn't a bad idea. For sure it's a section that could be more active than the "web wallet section". (...only blockchain.com threads in...).

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
Kopyleft

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 12:12:00 PM

This is a really helpful suggestion, there is so much to discuss which gets rammed into altcoin discussion, that is probably one of the reasons the board is in it's current state.
It would need strict moderation. Most members would post trading discussion topics there.
The forum might not have a spot to spare another mod for a new board at the moment.

vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 03:37:33 AM
Merited by friends1980 (1), stingers (1)

The session already exists. But p2p negotiations are increasingly rare. The problem is that there are several limitations that are difficult to improve because it is a forum. It is not a platform for that purpose.

The exchanges do not implement KYC just for fun. There are legal reasons for this. Reddit banned most of the subs that were dedicated to trade in goods because of the change in legislation. Unfortunately, I do not believe there is any motivation to improve the exchange environment within the forum. Because, eventually, it could run into serious legal restrictions.

In addition, trade fiat-crypto is very difficult. Because it requires someone to put a lot of trust in another person they do not even know. Paypal is a risk with a term exceeding 40 days. So are bank deposits. And send crypto someone always needs to send first.

Escrow is a solution. But not all are reliable or cheap enough. It could have some improvements in the marketplace sessions. But the basics for negotiations are there, including the Trust system which leaves the forum a better environment than Facebook where trust does not exist and it is easier to impersonate someone else
friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 10:25:28 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2018, 11:25:19 AM by friends1980

I think the practices of some of these exchanges should be followed closely. After one and a half year on this forum, I had no idea there was an exchanges subforum, so thx a lot for that info!

But then again, let's keep it hidden before the spammers [and the exchange's trollboxes' population] crawl their way in.

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
avikz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 01:16:14 PM

Giving a healthy bump to this topic so that people can see and share their opinion. I believe it's high time for us to have a dedicated section for crypto currency exchanges.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: