Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:35:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs. Gold, Fiat and Altcoins (Updated: Traits of Money)  (Read 951 times)
BuyBuyBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 29

Get Maximalist or Get Wrecked

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 03:54:38 AM

price targets at $1500 and below are a dime a dozen these days. it's certainly possible, but it really seems like bears are getting too confident. 

Normally you would be right but he isn't a "dime a dozen" analyst.

Sold his position in bitcoin at 18,000 last year (the videos are still on his youtube channel from last year).

Predicted the .com bubble and 1987 bond market crash when he was on wall street.

And he loves bitcoin..... his call is still $1,000. 

Avoiding ICO's and Shitcoins | Finding where people can Buy Bitcoin Around the World.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 04:46:46 PM

price targets at $1500 and below are a dime a dozen these days. it's certainly possible, but it really seems like bears are getting too confident. 

Sold his position in bitcoin at 18,000 last year (the videos are still on his youtube channel from last year).

Predicted the .com bubble and 1987 bond market crash when he was on wall street.

it is a well known fact that all those who waste their time "selling advice" instead of "trading" are not really experts. specially someone who is talking about bitcoin at this time which clearly is only shooting in the dark!

these days people are making a lot of silly guesses about bitcoin. and you know what, some of them do come true! but that doesn't make them an expert. in my view someone who is calling $1000 is an idiot not because i think it is impossible but because there is no reason for it to be possible. it is basically a price below the start of last rally!

There is a FOMO brewing...
BuyBuyBitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 09:50:15 PM

it is a well known fact that all those who waste their time "selling advice" instead of "trading" are not really experts. specially someone who is talking about bitcoin at this time which clearly is only shooting in the dark!

these days people are making a lot of silly guesses about bitcoin. and you know what, some of them do come true! but that doesn't make them an expert. in my view someone who is calling $1000 is an idiot not because i think it is impossible but because there is no reason for it to be possible. it is basically a price below the start of last rally!

Correct, that is why we only follow/mention the traders that left wall street and only look for positions to accumulate more Bitcoin.

Very experienced traders (Tone Vays, Nick Core) were hoping Tyler Jenkins was off with his call months ago.

8:00 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBUZXG2jeVU

** Note: For anyone interested in his hyperwave theory and how long he has traded for wall street based on this trading theory (other traders are just starting to learn his method) he goes into some details here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50ruB0sbwIg

There aren't a lot of people who successfully traded on wall street that now primarily chart bitcoin and offer free videos on youtube, with accurate predictions on where the buy and sell levels are.

Avoiding ICO's and Shitcoins | Finding where people can Buy Bitcoin Around the World.
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 12:34:04 AM

In cryptocurrency market, bitcoin dominate more than 50% in market cap value. As main base currency in cryptomarket, bitcoin holding an important role because its main currency, but i think as investment, bitcoin more trusted compare altcoin
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 01:04:25 AM

you're cherry picking. even if he's an excellent analyst, he has undoubtedly been wrong many hundreds or thousands of times. great traders still get it wrong half the time.

it's nothing against him personally. it's just that when everyone expects the same thing, it never happens. everyone and their grandma thinks they can get $1000 coins now. i won't rule it out, but i wouldn't be particularly confident either.

gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 01:05:12 AM

i think gold and bitcoin have the big differences, the first different is bitcoin don't have the physic value, and gold has the physic value, and then the second is bitcoin has the limit amount, 21 Million BTC. but in Gold, we don't know about the limit amount, right? is it 1 ton of gold more? or less? so dont campapre bitcon with gold because i think it down have any relation

DainnyRobin

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 04:28:58 AM

bit coin is dead day by day. so if have to choose i think i invest in gold
btc-room101

Activity: 182
Merit: 30

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 05:05:22 AM

GOLD, GLORY, or GIRLS this is what men have fought for +10k years of human civilization

What is BITCOIN backed by ? Bullshit

WHat is GOLD backed by? If you don't hold it, you don't own it

What is USD backed by? Murder, Murder-Inc is the US-GOV since 1776, imperial mercenary army orchestrated by city-of-london, to colonize the world by MURDER.

How can BTC dislodge the USD? Murder, live by the gun, die by the gun.

Don't wish for things unless you understand the ramifications.

The USA has defaults 3 times since 1776, and the currency has been reset 1/2 a dozen times, but the USA stands for +200 years because of their willingness to murder everybody on earth.

The USA is a corporation, fully owned by bankers in the city-of-london.

When you see London taking over BTC, then you might see BTC be declared a winner, for now BTC is largely a CHINESE play-thing, a toy. That let's chinese rob hairlips, like taking candy from a baby.
sarfield

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 08:34:13 AM

There are many differences from every transaction and investment tool that we have. Gold has a physical and a form that can be seen and it seems the value is also up and down but the market, people still keep it. Bitcoin has properties that cannot be controlled so prices go up and down sometimes uncontrollable but the community is also strong and anonymous. Each has advantages and advantages that provide benefits to all of us.

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
[/center]
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 09:53:28 AM

I guess people do look at certain cryptos, that are in fact completely centralised and probably no different or perhaps even worse than holding fiat currency, and confuse them with bitcoin, which is probably the most decentralised and most practical cryptocurrency at this stage.

A lot of these cryptos, including state issued ones, don't offer the 'traits of money' that are listed here for bitcoin at all. If the supply or issuance of a token is centralised, or a single party holds ultimate control over a certain project, it's really no good as currency at all.

It should be quite obvious to any even marginally experienced bitcoin user to realise the benefits of bitcoin, at this stage, compared to fiat currencies though. Its irreversibility, its decentralisation, and the fact that it exists natively to the virtual world all mean that it is a great form of money, or at least a very convenient long term store of value.
btc-room101

Activity: 182
Merit: 30

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 10:38:59 AM

I guess people do look at certain cryptos, that are in fact completely centralised and probably no different or perhaps even worse than holding fiat currency, and confuse them with bitcoin, which is probably the most decentralised and most practical cryptocurrency at this stage.

A lot of these cryptos, including state issued ones, don't offer the 'traits of money' that are listed here for bitcoin at all. If the supply or issuance of a token is centralised, or a single party holds ultimate control over a certain project, it's really no good as currency at all.

It should be quite obvious to any even marginally experienced bitcoin user to realise the benefits of bitcoin, at this stage, compared to fiat currencies though. Its irreversibility, its decentralisation, and the fact that it exists natively to the virtual world all mean that it is a great form of money, or at least a very convenient long term store of value.

Long term store of value,

Yesterday $20k (fiat), tomorrow $100 USD (Fiat), so I lose say 99% of my wealth by holding BTC for 1-2 years, and with a straight face you call that a 'long term store of value'Huh Seriously are you bat shit crazy? Or do you think its "coming back"? NOT
dmamigo

Activity: 1204
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 04:41:44 PM

Bitcoin and Altcoin should not be compared according to me, because they are of equal value and sometimes of equal usage. Gold is considered an investment and a material to make jewelry. Gold investments are good but I prefer stocks more than Gold if the two are compared.
And fiat needs no comparison, it is a necessity. In future, the respective governments may bring in crypto tech, but the cryptocurrencies will be based on the fiat of the respective country.

TheLoser

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 05:42:55 PM

Bitcoin has a new digital technology , making it faster , more reliable and safer than fiat money and gold . But it has a limited number of coins, which will not allow it to become a reliable financial instrument and replace fiat as a monetary unit .
BuyBuyBitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 06:33:12 PM

Bitcoin and Altcoin should not be compared according to me, because they are of equal value and sometimes of equal usage.

Of course they should be compared. One is valuable to millions around the world and the other is usually a shit-coin going to $0...

55% of market cap is bitcoin, another 10% taken up by Ethereum and 8% Ripple.

There is no $$$ in 99% of alt-coins, calling them equal value is a complete joke.

Menawi12

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 01:19:44 AM

Old people with traditional mindset about store of value, must be choosing gold because its already known for centuries, but young people prefer bitcoin because its more flexible and its more secure. I think both are good investment as long we keep it for long term

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 03:53:38 AM

Correct, that is why we only follow/mention the traders that left wall street and only look for positions to accumulate more Bitcoin.

i am not saying they are all bad and should not be seen. just saying that when people watch these things they also have to keep in mind that these people aren't spending their most valuable asset (time) out of the goodness of their hearts.
being positive about bitcoin and buying it doesn't make them any more right than being negative about it and selling it.

... and offer free videos on youtube, ...
they are monetizing their contents one way or another. so it is not exactly "free". Wink

There is a FOMO brewing...
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 05:06:24 AM

looking at the table at the beginning of the post, I think indeed cryptocurrency has many advantages. however, of course if I am in the same choice, I will choose gold. That is because the price of gold continues to rise steadily, and can be used anywhere.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
BuyBuyBitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 07:58:10 PM

Long term store of value,

Yesterday $20k (fiat), tomorrow $100 USD (Fiat), so I lose say 99% of my wealth by holding BTC for 1-2 years, and with a straight face you call that a 'long term store of value'Huh Seriously are you bat shit crazy? Or do you think its "coming back"? NOT

You disregard math and common sense to make a negative point? Good for you...

The 5, 4, 3 years of storing fiat into bitcoin had 10-1000% returns on the amount people buying bitcoin could remove later via fiat.

Some hold a new asset class like that, some will want to come back in the next dip and take profit.

Imagine if people bought with only the intention of offsetting inflation. Bitcoin could be the greatest store of value around today.

Now that hedge funds are playing around, it's just part of buying bitcoin that you need a comfortable dip to purchase and hold.

BuyBuyBitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 08:05:56 PM

looking at the table at the beginning of the post, I think indeed cryptocurrency has many advantages. however, of course if I am in the same choice, I will choose gold. That is because the price of gold continues to rise steadily, and can be used anywhere.

The price is available for anyone to view...

JPMorgan was recently caught manipulating the price of Gold, which may add some confidence to that rigged market at some point.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-20/jpmorgan-metals-probe-moves-ahead-as-u-s-seeks-to-delay-lawsuit

In his plea to conspiracy and commodities fraud in federal court in Connecticut, Edmonds admitted that he and other traders sought to manipulate futures markets for gold, silver, platinum and palladium on the Nymex and Comex exchanges, prosecutors said.

KuyaBreezy

Activity: 504

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 08:14:31 PM

I think it's a little unfair, now that things are going badly, try to blame the alts for that, remember that last year btc and many alts reached their all-time high thanks to the popularity of the ICOs, which precisely created this waste of alts now.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: