Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Done  (Read 24692 times)
m3mbr44n

Activity: 520
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 08:02:45 PM

It's getting more and more busy at Discord indeed. Nice to see a healthy influx of new community members  Cheesy
This increase in users or even frequency is very good for GALI precisely because it demonstrates an interest in the project and in the involvement and construction of a community! I'm looking forward to some great players starting to work with GALI because the current prices are not fair!

There is a lot of stuff to do on Discord anyway... bounties, games and a team that is quite responsive in case of questions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Abcabcabc2019

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 01:36:51 AM

/ I'm going to promote you on social media. Any camp?

you should join Gali discord. There you can find all camps.
Bsteck

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 01:45:08 AM

@everyone  I  will  be putting my response about being kicked out of the Galilel Project by Babyface and his now mostly German team friends. I didn't want to leave in a bad way, but the now Galilel team click under Babyface has forced me to, I will posted my response on here, this is simply Babyface showing the true person he is, this is not how you treat the co-founder of a project.  If I get kicked out the discord then I will post anywhere, I have all chat logs saved to prove my point, if anyone wants to ask me questions dm in discord or post here.

Babyface is a good coder but not a good business man.  All I asked for was a little respect for all the hard work I have done for this project, in the form of a payment.  I have not taken any payment from this project since me and Babyface took over from the old dev in July 2018. Yet it's ok for Babyface  to pay his personal friends and others so quickly.  We have talked about how I would get paid from superblocks but this didn't happen. Why would I work for 8 months for nothing? Babyface told me at some point I would get paid for all the hard work I had put in and so I have been trying to negotiate a settlement payment for me when I leave, but for the last 4 weeks Babyface has been constantly deceptive and made excuse after excuse. Finally my patience run out so I sent an open letter to team chat,  I thought it would let the rest of the team know what me and Babyface had been talking about, but all this did was make Babyface show his true colours.

Then there is the way Babyface has written the ann , making it look like the team decided this legitimately.  It would never be a fair vote as most of original team member who where here from start are gone,  replaced with his personal friends from Germany and friends who have invested money in this project.  That's why I did not ask for a vote on getting paid or was willing to discuss my leaving with the current team. This was not the first time we have discussed a way to get paid from this project but always Babyface come up with some excuse for the team to earn something. 

From the start Babyface has tried to put me second, even when creating the webpage or discord channel not saying I was the co-founder.  If it wasn't for me asking the first dev to give him a job, then none of this would have been possible.  yes he could had made a clone or another coin, but he didnt. Instead he got me to work for free after promising I would get something out of it. I feel like I have been stabbed in the back from what I thought was a friend but it seems Babyface was only in this for himself.   

Warning to everyone be careful Babyface, he is a very good coder but a deceptive business man.

Bossteck

crypto_pj

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 10:49:43 AM

I've been standing on the sidelines watching the spat between Bossteck and Babyface + team unfold regarding Bossteck's departure from Galilel Project and, as somebody who has no knowledge about the situation other than what I have read on discord and bitcointalk, I feel compelled to throw my pennies worth in as an ordinary member of the community...

Galilel is driven entirely by volunteers with no guarantees whatsoever of recompense. If somebody wishes to volunteer their time and energy in driving the project forward, be that in terms of software development, creating artwork, forming business partnerships or simply putting a positive message out on social media, that is entirely their choice. I think it reasonable to assume that anyone 'volunteering', to whatever extent, would/should have a vested interest i.e. they would have bought some GALI prior to getting involved. Furthermore the amount of GALI that they hold would reflect not only their belief in the project but would also be directly correlated to what impact they felt they could have on advancing the project.

Make no mistake, the community is grateful for whatever Bossteck has done for Galilel Project, however I find it very surprising that he, from what I deduce, has no (or possibly a relatively small) holding of GALI (if he owned a sizeable chunk of GALI then the sensible thing to do concerning his departure, whether it be acrimonious or otherwise, would be to let bygones be bygones and just leave, knowing that he could sell his stake at a time of his choosing). The fact that he (from what I gather/assume) chose NOT to build a decent stake prior, or shortly after, getting involved in Galilel is his own fault. Sorry but that is the harsh truth. If he believed that he could have a really positive impact on the future of GALI he would have invested in himself.

If his involvement was based on the loose promise of getting some reimbursement from the project at some point in the future then I think it was naive for him to have committed to carrying out voluntary work on this basis.

The way I see it - Babyface's reputation is intact, Bossteck's commitment should have been backed up by his own money.

I won't be saying any more on the matter.

To all the volunteers...the community thanks you! The future is bright for Galilel! Kiss
sefirotius

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 01:08:37 PM

Read about the coin I liked the specification of monte an interesting hybrid of all profit and good luck

[Senior Member]

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀       
I  D  E  N  A       
Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency       

▲    2 6 8 0

N  O  D  E  S       
               ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀       
D O W N L O A D

Idena node      
▐         
▄▄████████▄▄
▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
▄██▀              ▀██▄
▄██              ▄▄▄ ██▄
▄██         ▄▄▄██████  ██▄
██    ▄▄▄███████▀████   ██
██ ▀█████████▀ ▄████    ██
██    ▀████▀ ▄██████    ██
██       ▀ ▄███████     ██
▀██        ██▀█████    ██▀
▀██       █   ▀██    ██▀
▀██▄              ▄██▀
▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
▄██▀              ▀██▄
▄██            ▄▄▄   ██▄
▄██   █▄       █████▄▀ ██▄
██    ███▄▄ ▄▄██████▀   ██
██     ██████████████   ██
██      █████████████   ██
██       ▀██████████    ██
▀██      ▄████████▀    ██▀
▀██ ▄▄████████▀▀     ██▀
▀██▄              ▄██▀
▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
▀▀████████▀▀
      ███

███   
REQUEST INVITATION   ███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███

Code:
[
bitalk1

Activity: 1494
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 01:58:15 PM

enough to litter and take all the garbage out of the house, this will not give a positive project, we are all humans, not robots, it means you can always find a compromise, for me personally, your internal disassembly does not matter
brrzzz

Activity: 365

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 03:58:47 PM

enough to litter and take all the garbage out of the house, this will not give a positive project, we are all humans, not robots, it means you can always find a compromise, for me personally, your internal disassembly does not matter
Most likely I will agree with you that this may alienate new people.
Gekkoo

Activity: 604
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 04:04:56 PM

There is a lot of stuff to do on Discord anyway... bounties, games and a team that is quite responsive in case of questions.
Yes, but it'd be interesting in the near future that this interaction would spread to other places! From the moment big business starts to happen with GALI there will be a community explosion! In addition, we need more use alternatives for GALI to become increasingly attractive beyond its own features. Maybe it's missing a big news! Grin
Bsteck

Activity: 105

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 04:44:14 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2019, 12:43:46 PM by Bsteck

@everyone  I  will  be putting my response about being kicked out of the Galilel Project by Babyface and his now mostly German team friends. I didn't want to leave in a bad way, but the now Galilel team click under Babyface has forced me to, I will posted my response on here, this is simply Babyface showing the true person he is, this is not how you treat the co-founder of a project.  If I get kicked out the discord then I will post anywhere, I have all chat logs saved to prove my point, if anyone wants to ask me questions dm in discord or post here.

Babyface is a good coder but not a good business man.  All I asked for was a little respect for all the hard work I have done for this project, in the form of a payment.  I have not taken any payment from this project since me and Babyface took over from the old dev in July 2018. Yet it's ok for Babyface  to pay his personal friends and others so quickly.  We have talked about how I would get paid from superblocks but this didn't happen. Why would I work for 8 months for nothing? Babyface told me at some point I would get paid for all the hard work I had put in and so I have been trying to negotiate a settlement payment for me when I leave, but for the last 4 weeks Babyface has been constantly deceptive and made excuse after excuse. Finally my patience run out so I sent an open letter to team chat,  I thought it would let the rest of the team know what me and Babyface had been talking about, but all this did was make Babyface show his true colours.

Then there is the way Babyface has written the ann , making it look like the team decided this legitimately.  It would never be a fair vote as most of original team member who where here from start are gone,  replaced with his personal friends from Germany and friends who have invested money in this project.  That's why I did not ask for a vote on getting paid or was willing to discuss my leaving with the current team. This was not the first time we have discussed a way to get paid from this project but always Babyface come up with some excuse for the team to earn something.  

From the start Babyface has tried to put me second, even when creating the webpage or discord channel not saying I was the co-founder.  If it wasn't for me asking the first dev to give him a job, then none of this would have been possible.  yes he could had made a clone or another coin, but he didnt. Instead he got me to work for free after promising I would get something out of it. I feel like I have been stabbed in the back from what I thought was a friend but it seems Babyface was only in this for himself.  

Warning to everyone be careful Babyface, he is a very good coder but a deceptive business man.

Bossteck

Just to make it clear:

- You asked us to defalcate a reasonable amount of Galilel from community deposits for your retirement and leaving plan. It is not possible from legal point of view, we explained the situation often enough that we have to follow rules and laws in our country as this is an escrow fund. The community trust is backed by projects transparency in decision making process.

- We offered two things to you:
1) Make a community vote about your leaving payment request, you didn't accepted it because result may not be what you expect. It is community driven currency, so community has a voice.

2) Even better, we offered to make a masternode budget proposal with superblocks for it, when it is stabilized, you didn't accepted it. We would even support this from team and convince masternode holders to vote for it but it is no instant cash out.

From business perspective it is very strange behavior. You ask for some money, turn off some weeks, come back and ask for more money. If we don't pay you will start saying bad words. This is rough style for business negotiations. We made an offer which is fair as it involves community.

Ok, so let me make it clear for you:

I have all the chat logs of my private discussion with you(Babyface), you promised me a payment  and we agreed I would depart on good terms, but..

This drama happened because you and your inner circle of friends decided to post an announcement in the public discord channel. I posted all my proposals and chat in the private team room or our private DM.  Instead of negotiating and listening or knowing all the faqs, the now inner team lead by you decided just to remove me without compromise.

' The community trust is backed by projects transparency in decision making process. '

We offered two things to you:
1) Make a community vote about your leaving payment request, you didn't accepted it because result may not be what you expect. It is community driven currency, so community has a voice.

It's not that I didn't know what to expect, It's that I did know what to expect from the current team. There was no 'community vote'. The first the community heard about it was the ann and my posts in the community. I also didn't agree on a community vote because I don't think they should have to vote on whether I get paid or not, as you already promised I would get paid.

2) Even better, we offered to make a masternode budget proposal with superblocks for it, when it is stabilized, you didn't accepted it. We would even support this from team and convince masternode holders to vote for it but it is no instant cash out.

Yes me and you discussed this way to pay me, but you was unable to get the superblock to work. That's why I went back to getting paid from the donation funds, this way I get out with my promised reward and when you had worked out the superblock you can reimburse the funds.

From business perspective it is very strange behavior. You ask for some money, turn off some weeks, come back and ask for more money. If we don't pay you will start saying bad words. This is rough style for business negotiations. We made an offer which is fair as it involves community.

I think it's strange behaviour  that you promise someone payment then eject them from the team without compromise.  I never threatened to start saying bad words at all about you if I didn't get paid, I have only spoke the truth and backed it up with faqs.

As co-founder of this project I didn't want to leave this way at all, I just wanted to leave with a promised payment and on good terms.

Bossteck.

m3mbr44n

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 10:32:43 AM

Yes, but it'd be interesting in the near future that this interaction would spread to other places! From the moment big business starts to happen with GALI there will be a community explosion! In addition, we need more use alternatives for GALI to become increasingly attractive beyond its own features. Maybe it's missing a big news! Grin

You are completely right. At least here at Bitcoin Forum the chats are picking up and becoming more lively with every week.
bitalk1

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 07:25:08 PM

As they say, advertising is the engine of commerce, and time shows that this is so, do you need more promotion, and by the way? there is no subscription campaign here on the forum? I would join.
crypto_pj

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 12:06:19 AM

I have a couple of 'Newbie' questions here...

My main 'ALT' interest is GALI...I have the Galilel wallet on my Windows computer - it's open most of the time staking GALI.

I have a couple of other coins with desktop wallets which I would also like to stake. Is it OK to have multiple wallets open concurrently on the same machine and furthermore for them all to be staking at the same time?

With regards to the GALI wallet, something that I have been wondering about for ages is the design of the desktop wallet. Given that GALI was forked from PIVX, is the wallet design also based on the PIVX wallet design? (By the way, by design I mean look and functionality rather than the mechanics of how it works which is waaaaay beyond me!) It's just that from the various crypto project wallets I have seen, they all seem to pretty much look and feel the same with the exception of the branding.

Perhaps a super modern, user friendly GALI desktop wallet could be developed - childs play/something your grandmother could use? I expect lots of people reading this will say "it's slick and user friendly as it is - what are you on about?!". I mean taking things to the next level and leaving everyone else for dust - I want GALI to lead the way!

I've got a Siemens kettle 'designed by Porsche'. Yes that's right, a kettle for boiling water. It was rather expensive. Apart from the fact that it is super fast and quiet at boiling water, it looks great and that is what any visitors to my house comment on - the look. Nobody ever says anything about the fact that it is just a kettle.

Could the GALI wallet be designed so that it is the envy of all others despite the fact that it is 'just a wallet'?

crypto_pj it is fine to stake with multiple wallets on a single system. As long as you don't overcommit memory and run into memory exhaustion everything is fine.

Yes the current wallet is a straight fork from PIVX with our Dynamic Zerocoin feature, but the GUI wallet is pretty much untouched. We have already several ideas to improve it, some are minor like tweaking the UI/UX and layout a bit while keeping the functionality. However major improvement is to replace Qt wallet with a micro webserver and use a modern frontend framework to build a system independent interface.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply babyface! I'm a bit of a technophobe so had to google GUI, UI, UX and Qt but all good and fully understood! It would be awesome to have our own GALI wallet, but I guess that is some way down your list of priorities. I'm pretty sure I read the other day that there are over 700 forks of PIVX - I wonder how many of them have built their own wallets? Not many I'm sure and so for GALI to lead the way in this respect would be great!
crypto_pj

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 12:58:54 PM

I'm not too concerned about the latest bugs discovered in the PIVX code - PIVX will no doubt come up with a fix pretty quickly and our dev will implement it accordingly. Galilel is in safe hands. The projects you should be worried about are those with no dev who, at best, outsource their coding needs to techies without a vested interest in the project. If you hold coins in other projects that have been forked from PIVX you should take a close look at them as you may want to reconsider those investments! Go GALI!
m3mbr44n

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 02:48:59 PM

I'm not too concerned about the latest bugs discovered in the PIVX code - PIVX will no doubt come up with a fix pretty quickly and our dev will implement it accordingly. Galilel is in safe hands. The projects you should be worried about are those with no dev who, at best, outsource their coding needs to techies without a vested interest in the project. If you hold coins in other projects that have been forked from PIVX you should take a close look at them as you may want to reconsider those investments! Go GALI!

As far as I have been able to see, the GALI team has been following-up fixes in the PIVX code at a fairly quick rate in the past couple of months.
bitalk1

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:29:55 PM

In recent times, there are a lot of places where “reworking” is going on in projects, and this is not very good, you have to constantly watch so as not to lose your funds, spending a lot of time if these projects are 50-100.
brrzzz

Activity: 365

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 09:10:40 PM

A normal, stable project, with its plans, developments, I am sure it has a future.
crypto_pj

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 11:07:03 AM

Apparently PIVX have already fixed the vulnerability which affects all PIVX forks that are using Zerocoin v2 protocol. My understanding is that the issue, in the case of PIVX, is that someone was able to create PIV from zPIV which didn't legitimately exist.

We're all looking forward to an announcement, hopefully sometime this week, that our legendary dev 'babyface' has sorted out this exploit in Zerocoin protocol implementation. What is reassuring to know is that the bug doesn't allow anyone to steal or tamper with your GALI or zGALI holdings.

What I would like to know though is, if somebody were to create GALI from zGALI that didn't actually exist, what are the ramifications of that? Presumably they could then convert that GALI into zGALI, which I guess would then legitimately exist? Also, what about the supply? If GALI (or any fork of PIVX for that matter) were to be created out of thin air, would the project then need to adjust the supply parameters or change the rate of emissions to compensate for the increased supply?  Huh
crypto_pj

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 11:19:41 AM

It's been a little quiet over the past day or so with not much going on in the Galilel community - at least not much general chat in the discord server. Having said that, I have every confidence that the Galilel team are continually working hard behind the scenes to advance the project.

Development continues apace, along with business partnerships being struck and of course there is always support there if you need it (in discord) for anything to do with your wallet, running masternodes or staking.

If you are new to GALI and have yet to join the discord, feel free to use the following invite:

https://discord.gg/sVDmsh8

We're a friendly bunch of people on a mission to see GALI gain adoption as a general purpose cryptocurrency.
m3mbr44n

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 12:12:55 PM

Apparently PIVX have already fixed the vulnerability which affects all PIVX forks that are using Zerocoin v2 protocol. My understanding is that the issue, in the case of PIVX, is that someone was able to create PIV from zPIV which didn't legitimately exist.

We're all looking forward to an announcement, hopefully sometime this week, that our legendary dev 'babyface' has sorted out this exploit in Zerocoin protocol implementation. What is reassuring to know is that the bug doesn't allow anyone to steal or tamper with your GALI or zGALI holdings.

What I would like to know though is, if somebody were to create GALI from zGALI that didn't actually exist, what are the ramifications of that? Presumably they could then convert that GALI into zGALI, which I guess would then legitimately exist? Also, what about the supply? If GALI (or any fork of PIVX for that matter) were to be created out of thin air, would the project then need to adjust the supply parameters or change the rate of emissions to compensate for the increased supply?  Huh

Good to hear the dev team is on top of this. Waiting to hear what the approach/solution is going to be.
crypto_pj

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 10:23:39 AM

If any of you downloaded the Android beta mobile wallet recently (Beta1 or Beta2), you'll no doubt be excited to hear that our dev has been burning the midnight oil - he has fixed all the reported bugs (crashes etc) in github. The latest version is available for download here:

https://galilel.cloud/android/galilel-git-c7a9571-debug.apk

As before, the community is encouraged to download the latest release and test it. The more that it is tested at this stage, the greater the likelihood that the final version will be bug free when released in Play Store.

In order to gather as much feedback as possible, whenever you face a wallet crash, please create a bug report from within the app which will be emailed to the dev.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: