Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Done  (Read 24692 times)
crypto_pj

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 10:57:29 AM

The Galilel Project continues to forge ahead on a daily basis - small steps maybe, but nevertheless forward momentum which I am sure will only continue to gather pace...

The latest announcement (https://youtu.be/UNm3Xa911A8) is that Galilel has been listed on Apollon Nodebuilder platform.

Here's a link to where you can run your masternode:

https://platform.apollon.network/

There are now a wide choice of ways/places that you can run $GALI masternodes; from setting up masternodes yourself on a VPS to outsourcing the whole process/maintenance etc to a vetted third party such as Apollon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crypto_pj

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 04:06:29 PM

***REWARDS REDUCTION***

Today marks another milestone in the Galilel blockchain with the final rewards reduction coming into play having passed block 430000.

Rewards have now halved from 10 to 5 and will be shared 70% to masternodes, 30% to stakers.

I should also point out that the rewards for GALI/zGALI stakers are different, favouring zGALI. My understanding is as follows:

zGALI stakers get 3, MN 2
GALI stakers get 2, MN3
crypto_pj

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 11:05:55 AM

Masternodes v Staking

I'm wondering whether anybody can please explain to me the pros and cons of running GALI masternodes versus staking GALI (aside from the practical aspect concerning needing to keep your computer on and connected to the internet for staking). Furthermore what the benefits are of staking zGALI?

Whilst on the face of it masternodes get greater rewards than if you were staking, one thing that I have often wondered about is if you had a GALI masternode running and also had 15k GALI staking, is it possible to gain greater rewards from the staked coins than from the masternode by splitting the 15k into stacks of a certain size? Is their a magic number that can 'beat the system' or is it technically impossible?

Finally, when it comes to staking zGALI, given that staking zGALI gains greater rewards than running a GALI masternode, why doesn't everybody stake zGALI and stop running masternodes? At some point the zGALI could be converted back 1:1 to GALI - surely this process is the best way to increase your future balance of GALI?

Oh, one more question I'd be grateful for an answer to...am I correct in that you only pay a fee to convert GALI to zGALI i.e. converting zGALI back to GALI does not incur a network fee?
DarkKnightNeverDie

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 02:33:23 PM

Rewards for masternodes are higher than for staking.
However, capital for masternodes are higher than for staking.
In long run, ROI for masternodes is higher than for staking.
m3mbr44n

Activity: 520
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 06:32:56 PM

***REWARDS REDUCTION***

Today marks another milestone in the Galilel blockchain with the final rewards reduction coming into play having passed block 430000.

Rewards have now halved from 10 to 5 and will be shared 70% to masternodes, 30% to stakers.

I should also point out that the rewards for GALI/zGALI stakers are different, favouring zGALI. My understanding is as follows:

zGALI stakers get 3, MN 2
GALI stakers get 2, MN3

I can indeed confirm that the zGALI's that I am staking are producing more rewards than regular GALI's. Nice, I have not seen this in any other project so far (maybe there is?). Anyway, good to promote zGALI and have people experience it.
crypto_pj

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:12:06 AM

OK so I may be accused of impatience, but I've no doubt we're all still wondering when (if ever!) Galilel will get listed on CoinMarketCap?

I think it must be several weeks now since it came to light that CMC had apparently overlooked the fact that Babyface sent answers to all their questions months ago, yet we haven't heard another word from them.

One thing that concerns me slightly (and I would be grateful if someone from the team could provide an answer to this) is that this morning, when doing a bit of research into other cryptos, I read somewhere that to be listed on CMC they require your token to have a minimum trading volume of USD$5k per day. If that is the case then that may explain why we have yet to get listed - alternatively what I read could simply be inaccurate and misleading.

Anybody?  Huh
crypto_pj

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 10:48:30 AM

I was doing a bit of research over the weekend into various crypto projects that, like Galilel, were forked from PIVX. In the vast majority of cases the similarity ends there. From what I've read it appears that the majority of these tokens don't seem to either know what zCOIN is/can do or have no intention of implementing it due to the inherent development complexities!

To add to this sorry state of affairs, I also get the distinct impression that, aside from a few well funded bigger projects that have full time dev(s) on board, a great deal of these crypto projects either (if they're lucky) have a dev that is working on a part-time voluntary basis but often across more than one project, or don't have a competent dev at all and have to outsource any requirements to a (paid) third party. Invariably they can't afford to do much - an essential fix here and there at best with very little development as such.

This loose assessment of mine reflects well on GALI! Of the hundreds of PIVX forks out there, most have very little prospect of reaching their goals. However we have our own world class dev who, like the rest of the team, is not only committed to making Galilel Project a success but also has every chance of actually realising it.

Grin
m3mbr44n

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 01:39:46 PM

OK so I may be accused of impatience, but I've no doubt we're all still wondering when (if ever!) Galilel will get listed on CoinMarketCap?

I think it must be several weeks now since it came to light that CMC had apparently overlooked the fact that Babyface sent answers to all their questions months ago, yet we haven't heard another word from them.

One thing that concerns me slightly (and I would be grateful if someone from the team could provide an answer to this) is that this morning, when doing a bit of research into other cryptos, I read somewhere that to be listed on CMC they require your token to have a minimum trading volume of USD$5k per day. If that is the case then that may explain why we have yet to get listed - alternatively what I read could simply be inaccurate and misleading.

Anybody?  Huh

Yes, this is also what I have learned from other projects that were applying from CMC. It takes a bit of trading volume to get notices and listed.
eshby

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 04:46:42 PM

Anybody?  Huh

There is a volume requirement. However CMC itself doesn't put a specific number on it. All they say is they don't consider fake volume to count against it (which by my assessment can not be true, since plenty of projects with obvious insane fake volume get listed). Currently it probably comes down to volume which we have no influence on. Sadly everytime we submit the requested information we get a copy/paste reply that someone from CMC will look into it and come back to us. As you might guess it's not possible for us to ask what they specifically think is missing so it's all a guessing game for us too. However seeing that they list forked projects with no inhouse developer at all we guess it is volume.

I understand that people get impatient. Unfortunately remaining patient is all we can do since we simply have no control over the process. Also keep in mind that CMC doesn't just request simple one liner's with regard to information. By now Babyface submitted several times new information on their request which takes a good amount of time. So on his end this process is also connected to a lot of work
crypto_pj

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 10:51:12 AM

Anybody?  Huh

There is a volume requirement. However CMC itself doesn't put a specific number on it. All they say is they don't consider fake volume to count against it (which by my assessment can not be true, since plenty of projects with obvious insane fake volume get listed). Currently it probably comes down to volume which we have no influence on. Sadly everytime we submit the requested information we get a copy/paste reply that someone from CMC will look into it and come back to us. As you might guess it's not possible for us to ask what they specifically think is missing so it's all a guessing game for us too. However seeing that they list forked projects with no inhouse developer at all we guess it is volume.

I understand that people get impatient. Unfortunately remaining patient is all we can do since we simply have no control over the process. Also keep in mind that CMC doesn't just request simple one liner's with regard to information. By now Babyface submitted several times new information on their request which takes a good amount of time. So on his end this process is also connected to a lot of work

Thanks for shedding some light on the situation. Please don't misunderstand me - I'm not criticising Babyface or anyone else on the team...my (our) frustration is with CoinMarketCap (CMC). I am fed up with seeing so many projects listed on CMC that are widely recognised to be scams or very suspect at best. Galilel really seems to be stuck in limbo - a classic 'chicken and egg' situation - we need more volume but without a listing on CMC reaching the requisite volume (whatever figure that may be) on a consistent basis is going to be difficult.

Out of interest, can you please explain how volume can be faked? If I were to buy say 0.1BTC of $GALI and then on the same day sell it back to myself for less than I paid for it, obviously I would be taking a hit financially but it would get the volume up - surely that scenario wouldn't be classed as fake volume given that a genuine buy and sell has taken place? If a number of people did this then the daily volume could soon hit some respectable figures. The downside is that in a short space of time we could all have wasted our funds! Presumably there are sophisticated ways of doing this using bots that might help minimise your losses or even make some profits in the process? What is your (Galilel's) stance on this process from an ethical/moral standpoint? I must admit that I'm swaying towards 'if you can't beat them, join them'. We're a legitimate project with great prospects but are 'waiting in the wings' whilst the rest of the crypto show continues!
eshby

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 02:39:29 PM

Anybody?  Huh

Thanks for shedding some light on the situation. Please don't misunderstand me - I'm not criticising Babyface or anyone else on the team...my (our) frustration is with CoinMarketCap (CMC). I am fed up with seeing so many projects listed on CMC that are widely recognised to be scams or very suspect at best. Galilel really seems to be stuck in limbo - a classic 'chicken and egg' situation - we need more volume but without a listing on CMC reaching the requisite volume (whatever figure that may be) on a consistent basis is going to be difficult.

Out of interest, can you please explain how volume can be faked? If I were to buy say 0.1BTC of $GALI and then on the same day sell it back to myself for less than I paid for it, obviously I would be taking a hit financially but it would get the volume up - surely that scenario wouldn't be classed as fake volume given that a genuine buy and sell has taken place? If a number of people did this then the daily volume could soon hit some respectable figures. The downside is that in a short space of time we could all have wasted our funds! Presumably there are sophisticated ways of doing this using bots that might help minimise your losses or even make some profits in the process? What is your (Galilel's) stance on this process from an ethical/moral standpoint? I must admit that I'm swaying towards 'if you can't beat them, join them'. We're a legitimate project with great prospects but are 'waiting in the wings' whilst the rest of the crypto show continues!

You gave the explanation yourself. You can see it in a lot of coins that it is a bot which does it. Galilel will not engage in such practices or pay third parties to do it. First it is illegal. Second we believe not everybody is stupid. I think this dissuades people who are genuinely interested in the project longterm when they see that the team engages in such tactics or doesn't condemn them just for short term success. Faking volume just to convey people a sense of safety is pure deception and imho reflects very poorly on the project itself. And when you arrive at this point it's not about CMC anymore but rather if this is a project that can be trusted. Besides that like I said it is illegal to do it.
m3mbr44n

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 09:04:40 PM

You gave the explanation yourself. You can see it in a lot of coins that it is a bot which does it. Galilel will not engage in such practices or pay third parties to do it. First it is illegal. Second we believe not everybody is stupid. I think this dissuades people who are genuinely interested in the project longterm when they see that the team engages in such tactics or doesn't condemn them just for short term success. Faking volume just to convey people a sense of safety is pure deception and imho reflects very poorly on the project itself. And when you arrive at this point it's not about CMC anymore but rather if this is a project that can be trusted. Besides that like I said it is illegal to do it.

At least GALI is listed at Coinpaprika (which I actually prefer above CMC lately). GALI stands at a very respectable #1312 at the moment and has been rising.
crypto_pj

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 11:02:32 AM

At least GALI is listed at Coinpaprika (which I actually prefer above CMC lately). GALI stands at a very respectable #1312 at the moment and has been rising.

Thanks for the response eshby - I'm glad to see that a member of the team is actively monitoring Bitcointalk!

The volume side of things is very frustrating but I appreciate your stance to playing fair. Perhaps over the course of time those projects that are manipulating the true picture will fall by the wayside and projects like Galilel will gain the recognition they truly deserve.

It's a shame that the cryptosphere places so much value on the information found at CoinMarketCap - as m3mbr44n points out, there are alternative platforms such as Coinpaprika (which I am also swaying towards lately). Hopefully CMC will gradually lose its perception as being 'the holy grail' of listings!
bitalk1

Activity: 1494
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 12:26:09 PM

My opinion needs to go about my business and go to the goal slowly, not to chase right away to be everywhere and immediately, time will give what they deserve, if these are not weekly projects, is it not so here? we are for a long time.
eshby

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 10:46:44 PM

Thanks for the response eshby - I'm glad to see that a member of the team is actively monitoring Bitcointalk!

The volume side of things is very frustrating but I appreciate your stance to playing fair. Perhaps over the course of time those projects that are manipulating the true picture will fall by the wayside and projects like Galilel will gain the recognition they truly deserve.

It's a shame that the cryptosphere places so much value on the information found at CoinMarketCap - as m3mbr44n points out, there are alternative platforms such as Coinpaprika (which I am also swaying towards lately). Hopefully CMC will gradually lose its perception as being 'the holy grail' of listings!

Funny since we were just talking about it

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2019-03-25/crypto-aggregator-says-concerns-over-inaccurate-data-are-valid?__twitter_impression=true
crypto_pj

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 10:46:01 AM

GALI Airdrops?

Has Galilel Project ever done an airdrop?

I'm wondering whether this is something you (team!) would consider doing via a recognised platform such as AirdropAlert.com or Airdrops.io? I've also noticed that recently more exchanges (including Graviex and Crex24) offer airdrops in the form of faucets that you can claim periodically.

Regardless of whether you would or wouldn't do a GALI airdrop, it would be interesting to discuss the pros and cons, merits or otherwise of airdrops. Could this be a beneficial means of broadening the reach of GALI and expanding our community?

From my own perspective I can honestly say that I have received some airdrops (including ERC-20 tokens deposited directly into MEW with no interaction required from me whatsoever) that has led me to researching and investing in projects that I might otherwise never have discovered.

I think there is a legitimate case to discuss the subject here!
eshby

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 01:26:03 PM

GALI Airdrops?

I'm wondering whether this is something you (team!) would consider doing via a recognised platform such as AirdropAlert.com or Airdrops.io? I've also noticed that recently more exchanges (including Graviex and Crex24) offer airdrops in the form of faucets that you can claim periodically.

Regardless of whether you would or wouldn't do a GALI airdrop, it would be interesting to discuss the pros and cons, merits or otherwise of airdrops. Could this be a beneficial means of broadening the reach of GALI and expanding our community?

From my own perspective I can honestly say that I have received some airdrops (including ERC-20 tokens deposited directly into MEW with no interaction required from me whatsoever) that has led me to researching and investing in projects that I might otherwise never have discovered.

We had a faucet when listing on CREX. In general our experience with these kind of promotions are rather negative. Same with bountys. It only attracts people who want to gather free coins in order to dump them in the market. Furthermore it deters people genuinely interested in Gali because they see people getting free coins for the sole purpose of dumping them. So going forward there won't be any airdrops and also no more bountys that are not value adding(i.e. invitation bounties for example). Will there be value adding bountys? Sure we still have bountys for translations and stuff like that that actually adds value to the project. However there won't be anymore promotions where we only attract people who dump the coins
bitalk1

Activity: 1494
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 07:13:39 PM

All these faucets are currently a waste of time, and if you hope that someone is interested in a coin, then I will disappoint you 90% do not even look at the name of the coins, I’m talking about cranes on some exchanges.
crypto_pj

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 12:12:21 PM

GALI Airdrops?

We had a faucet when listing on CREX. In general our experience with these kind of promotions are rather negative. Same with bountys. It only attracts people who want to gather free coins in order to dump them in the market. Furthermore it deters people genuinely interested in Gali because they see people getting free coins for the sole purpose of dumping them. So going forward there won't be any airdrops and also no more bountys that are not value adding(i.e. invitation bounties for example). Will there be value adding bountys? Sure we still have bountys for translations and stuff like that that actually adds value to the project. However there won't be anymore promotions where we only attract people who dump the coins

Some useful feedback there eshby - interesting to see things from someone else's perspective. I think bitalk1's subsequent post also pretty much hit the mark - that most people just want freebies and don't even look at the name of the coins that they are scooping up. I like the idea of seeing GALI being distributed by an airdrop but appreciate the the net benefit may well be very small and that the entire process could in fact have negative consequences (such as dumping on exchanges).

Perhaps there are more sophisticated ways that Galilel Project could garner attention? I haven't put much thought into this but maybe if somebody were to complete a few tasks and prove that they already supported the currency (proof of already owning a small sum of GALI) they could be rewarded with a bonus?

I guess I may well be in the minority when it comes to taking advantage of airdrops/faucets - I own GALI, have no intention of selling, would of course love to pick some up for free but, crucially, wouldn't dump them on an exchange. It sounds like perhaps the only sure route to success is to carry on developing, building partnerships, spreading the word and reminding ourselves that Rome wasn't built in a day!

If anyone here has any suggestions regarding how we might broaden the appeal of GALI and grow the community (in particular through the distribution of free tokens), please throw your hat in the ring! It may come to nothing, but the more ideas we can mull over the better - please don't think that this forum is only for team members, people with an in-depth knowledge of crypto or just big bag holders - I am none of them!  Embarrassed
brrzzz

Activity: 365
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 01:27:57 PM

The constant price of the coin makes me happy, and I am sure that this will bring more people into the project, in these times stability and constancy is the best indicator of team work.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: