Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:13:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying us stocks with Bitcoin  (Read 232 times)
sirohige

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 03:27:55 AM

It's not that easy, buying bitcoins using our current stocks still has a lot of problems, so you should be able to buy using other safer methods.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 04:10:52 AM

Would people buy us stocks with Bitcoin? The pump will happen if that's the case. Alot easier to buy with Bitcoin. Only if us markets accept Bitcoin.
There is an issue of ownership in that case. When you buy stocks from your bank or from some investment third party middleman you pay them to make sure YOU own those stocks that you paid. However when you use bitcoin you do not have an account somewhere or you do not share your personal information as much as you share with your bank.

I do not have any trouble sharing my moms maiden name with my bank but I do not prefer to do so when it comes to some new bitcoin stock thingy. Hence, it would create a challange to get those stocks under your own name if you pay with bitcoins. Moreover, it would be amazing if Banks finally manage to create their own crypto wallets and allow you to store your bitcoins with your bank like you do with your fiat and than you can spend your bitcoins to get stocks however you want.
- ESPERS -

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 08:10:28 AM

I think the idea you are proposing is a good one and will make the bitcoin much more popular, thus creating a way to promote it. Until today, I bought bitcoin only with coins, but in the future it is not excluded that your idea will become a certainty.
aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 11:50:26 AM

Would people buy us stocks with Bitcoin? The pump will happen if that's the case. Alot easier to buy with Bitcoin. Only if us markets accept Bitcoin.

I think it would be a lot of easier for people to buy stocks with bitcoin if it is approved but it is going to take a long time before they can actually do that since with bitcoin you can not be sure which of the people are investing and there would have to be a high level of kyc to be able to verify that people are who they are before they can buy with bitcoin

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀