Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 07:04:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Price Will Soar over Next Three Years: Circle CEO Jeremy Allaire  (Read 414 times)
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 11:28:50 PM

I like the term non-sovereign, it isn't used much but it send a very powerful message out to the people that this here is not controlled by a single nation. China, USA, Russia, they have no control over it and this will ensure widespread global adoption

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 12:22:31 AM

I like the term non-sovereign, it isn't used much but it send a very powerful message out to the people that this here is not controlled by a single nation. China, USA, Russia, they have no control over it and this will ensure widespread global adoption

same here. i think it would have great appeal to those that feel the negative effects of USD hegemony, where the USA has decisive influence over the international monetary system. treasury secretary John Connally once said "the dollar is our currency, but it’s your problem." and he was right. the FED basically acts as the world's central bank, but it crafts self-serving monetary policy.

in theory, on a nation-state level, developing countries may embrace bitcoin for this reason. i'm not sure how likely that'll be in reality since the IMF (another tool of western hegemony) would cut off their funding. but it's interesting food for thought.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: