Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:00:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] | Mono | POW - Community Built - Private - Egalitarian  (Read 22581 times)
fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 05:43:55 AM

eagerly waiting for voting to start today.
I think voting should not be limited to 24 hours, its bear market, so may be, have a minimum voting count of 100 before you close it. otherwise it will be like 10-20 people will be deciding what should happen here

selling sushistake.com, send offers
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 04:59:19 PM

eagerly waiting for voting to start today.
I think voting should not be limited to 24 hours, its bear market, so may be, have a minimum voting count of 100 before you close it. otherwise it will be like 10-20 people will be deciding what should happen here
That is actually a much smarter idea, thank you!
I will change the post so that voting won't end until 100 votes are hit! Thanks a lot.
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 06:59:27 PM

Interesting, good work! Grin

Thanks for the support! The vote will open in 1 hour Smiley
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 07:45:55 PM

The vote for the mining algorithm is now open! Please vote at: https://www.strawpoll.me/17062519
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 08:35:53 PM

Please don't hesitate to vote Smiley
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 09:38:09 PM

Since there's not that much voting going on, I'll leave the vote open for 24 hours and then the winner will be the vote with the majority of votes Smiley
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:33:52 PM

I've had a lot of messages asking if this is an ICO.
It is NOT, it is a fair launch Proof of Work cryptocurrency!
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:37:38 PM

Since there's not that much voting going on, I'll leave the vote open for 24 hours and then the winner will be the vote with the majority of votes Smiley

The usual bottleneck of community voting, you need to entice as many users as you can to get at least a satisfactory results. Otherwise, you can come up with a decision that is really not the community's voice.
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 12:44:02 AM

The usual bottleneck of community voting, you need to entice as many users as you can to get at least a satisfactory results. Otherwise, you can come up with a decision that is really not the community's voice.

Yeah, I see what you mean. What would be some good ways to entice more votes?
I see how everyone would be involved in the mining phase and such but the pre-stage just needs more attention before it can really take off.
thorRJ

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 12:58:43 AM

In case of request to new resources using the vote, for each resources will there be a minimum amount of Mono so that you can participate in the vote?

OI
inod

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 01:39:44 AM

I'm really interested
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 01:51:58 AM

Full on community-support projects like this are difficult to muster for. Especially in a crypto bear market where there's very little visible, immediate, guaranteed recouped value from participation.

As the leader, expect to bridge any and all gaps in development or decision, and it will be mostly gaps. Most everything will be centralized around you until decisive value is built into this project, visible in a healthy marketplace. That will take months.

If you can stay anon and offer ***anything*** cool and unique on your own, this project may have a long-term prospect.

IMHO, the first "best bet" development possibility that comes to my mind, is to present Mono as a Second Coming of John Connor's Vanillacoin/Vcash/VNL/XVC, including all previous innovations (Zerotime etc), updated to the latest Monero/Bitcoin libraries. Can you do this (or something like it) on your own for now, with help as interest grows?

That's a really great idea, and thanks a lot for the help.
I'd be open to bridging any gaps in development, that's what I meant by I'll be developing and want the project to grow on it's own, i'm not expecting immediate growth and actually expect it to take a few months before a solid community is formed.
I don't really want to present Mono as the second coming of anything right now, I want the community to help choose what features the coin should have, but yes, if there is nothing else to add implementing the features of Vcash shouldn't be too hard.

Cool. The reason I wanted to take the time and spell it out bluntly is I think you've put forth a design aesthetic I haven't seen yet, and that's something a lot of projects struggle with, even tokens that have raised multi-millions skimp on unity of design aesthetic. So if you have dev chops backing that up, excellent.

The Vcash ideal sprang to mind as there's been a heavy focus on cryptonight-algo launches this year. End to end privacy and the right to remain anonymous is (in my humble opinion) going to be the next forefront requirement from cryptocurrencies, considering it'll be blowback from the overreaching regulation we're seeing right now. A Vcash-tech resurrection would be a welcome alternative from the proliferation of cryptonight coins. Vcash was an early branch off from the anon tech tree that sadly died a premature death from early whales who accumulated it and suppressed the price to get more; the dev couldn't realize the value he was building into the coin, in the marketplace by selling off what he mined himself.

Some projects get around this by paying themselves part of the premine or a hardcoded part of every block reward. If you can mine on your own alongside everyone else during a fair PoW launch that bodes best but it's extra effort and cost on the lead dev's part.

Thanks for sparking up the conversation as Bitcointalk has of late devolved into "here's translation give bounty" and "here's a pool". Nothing wrong with that but it's kind of the lowest level of engagement.

twitter.com/notsofast
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 03:16:39 AM

In case of request to new resources using the vote, for each resources will there be a minimum amount of Mono so that you can participate in the vote?

There is no minimum amount of Mono required to participate in community votes! Just using IP duplication prevention in Straw poll is fine for now. Smiley
Maybe later in the projects life cycle I'll try and develop a system to "vote" with Mono, but that isn't a primary goal at the moment.

I'm really interested

Thanks very much for your interest! Every community member is valued Smiley

Full on community-support projects like this are difficult to muster for. Especially in a crypto bear market where there's very little visible, immediate, guaranteed recouped value from participation.

As the leader, expect to bridge any and all gaps in development or decision, and it will be mostly gaps. Most everything will be centralized around you until decisive value is built into this project, visible in a healthy marketplace. That will take months.

If you can stay anon and offer ***anything*** cool and unique on your own, this project may have a long-term prospect.

IMHO, the first "best bet" development possibility that comes to my mind, is to present Mono as a Second Coming of John Connor's Vanillacoin/Vcash/VNL/XVC, including all previous innovations (Zerotime etc), updated to the latest Monero/Bitcoin libraries. Can you do this (or something like it) on your own for now, with help as interest grows?

I'd be open to bridging any gaps in development, that's what I meant by I'll be developing and want the project to grow on it's own, i'm not expecting immediate growth and actually expect it to take a few months before a solid community is formed.
I don't really want to present Mono as the second coming of anything right now, I want the community to help choose what features the coin should have, but yes, if there is nothing else to add implementing the features of Vcash shouldn't be too hard.

Cool. The reason I wanted to take the time and spell it out bluntly is I think you've put forth a design aesthetic I haven't seen yet, and that's something a lot of projects struggle with, even tokens that have raised multi-millions skimp on unity of design aesthetic. So if you have dev chops backing that up, excellent.

The Vcash ideal sprang to mind as there's been a heavy focus on cryptonight-algo launches this year. End to end privacy and the right to remain anonymous is (in my humble opinion) going to be the next forefront requirement from cryptocurrencies, considering it'll be blowback from the overreaching regulation we're seeing right now. A Vcash-tech resurrection would be a welcome alternative from the proliferation of cryptonight coins. Vcash was an early branch off from the anon tech tree that sadly died a premature death from early whales who accumulated it and suppressed the price to get more; the dev couldn't realize the value he was building into the coin, in the marketplace by selling off what he mined himself.

Some projects get around this by paying themselves part of the premine or a hardcoded part of every block reward. If you can mine on your own alongside everyone else during a fair PoW launch that bodes best but it's extra effort and cost on the lead dev's part.

Thanks for sparking up the conversation as Bitcointalk has of late devolved into "here's translation give bounty" and "here's a pool". Nothing wrong with that but it's kind of the lowest level of engagement.

I'll do some research into Vcash and see what technologies can be incorporated into Mono in the future.
And no worries, this is what I want the project to be! An actual discussion of what would make the perfect project with input from all members of the community.
As for start up mining and expenses, I'm hoping to have a very small premine and later fund development from donations through community members. Another idea was using a "developer" mining pool that some miners could use which gives 5% of everything mined to the development team (currently only me), which I think would be a fair way to allow users to choose whether they want to support the development of the coin a little or just mine it normally.
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 04:31:40 AM

Off to bed now, thanks for all the replies to the thread. Vote at 8PM GMT today. Smiley
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 05:01:26 PM

CryptoNight seems like it has the overwhelming majority of votes, so I'll be closing the mining algorithm vote today at 8PM, when the new vote opens.
SlowGrowth

Activity: 490
Merit: 264

| Privacy Advocate | Game Theory | Free Thinker |

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 05:27:04 PM

I agree with notsofast, Vcash was a very interesting privacy oriented tech that die unfortunatly. Imho there are very few alternatives being explored in the privacy centered crypto ( mostly Monero or Zcash variants ) and a ressurection of an alternative seems very interesting.
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 06:59:23 PM

I agree with notsofast, Vcash was a very interesting privacy oriented tech that die unfortunatly. Imho there are very few alternatives being explored in the privacy centered crypto ( mostly Monero or Zcash variants ) and a ressurection of an alternative seems very interesting.

I'm not going to re-brand Mono as a resurrection of VCash, but I would be open to incorporating the technologies it used. Once all votes are complete I'll begin development and let you know how well I can integrate the code into a CryptoNote protocol based currency.
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 07:06:03 PM

Voting has opened for total supply, please vote at: https://www.strawpoll.me/17071601
Deepiefface10

Activity: 124

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 09:30:11 PM

What time does it start? Exact time

█ BSHA3 █
Bitcoin Codebase Using SHA3-256 Algorithm
▬▬ The first sha3d crypto ▬▬
https://bsha3.com
pinball_wizard

Activity: 702
Merit: 102

I am the Kung Fury...

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 09:44:44 PM

Stroke of luck! hanging around on the first page of btctalk and gettin a good pick is not so easy in these days. Notsofast interest is a plus.
Will be one of your follower for sure,privacy and anon optional tx are the real deal for the next big coin.
Suggest to open a discord server when you can...

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: