Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:45:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the difference between BM1387-BM1387B-BM1387BL?  (Read 254 times)
eotrix (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 03:46:37 PM
Merited by BitMaxz (1)

Hello, I have been into learning how to repair missing chips and hashboard errors and I realised that there are 3 types of chips for Antminer S9 and It would be great if anyone can tell the difference since I really failed to find on the internet. My concern about that if I replace a chip in my S9 hashboard, would it make difference whether I use BM1387 or BM1387B ?
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2970

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2019, 09:32:59 PM

I can't also find the differences between BM1387 and BM1387B why don't you try to contact bitmain about this?

Or I think much better to check the hashboard directly you must find the name under the chip if it is BM1387 with B or without. Then use it as your reference before you replace it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6375

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 11:15:54 PM

why don't you try to contact bitmain about this?

I highly doubt Bitmain will answer such a question, but by looking on these chips sell on aliexpress almost all sellers label both  BM1387-BM1387B as Antminer S9/T9/T9+ , so i doubt that there is any difference between the 2 , this however BM1387BL does not show up on the search engine on aliexpress.

I think the best thing would be finding a seller with good reviews and ask them directly, it's safe to assume that those guys know more than bitmain support, look at all the problems we solve on the forum , non can be solved by bitmain support, it's either they don't know or they don't give a fuck.

and by the way, in this topic  you were trying to confirm if the readings on the log alone were accurate enough , what conclusion did you reach to?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
eotrix (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 01:59:11 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2019, 02:17:42 AM by frodocooper

Oh I totally forgot about it. About the readings on Kernel I have to say it was accurate enough. On one board it was the exactly same number which was failing, on the other board it was the next chip. I found the failing chips by first checking Log(It says how many ASIC found) then measure the voltage values with multimeter around that chip.(Chips itself and -3 +3 other chips.) I managed to get one hashboard fixed correctly, the other one gave different error which I think I heated up a lot and made some other chip's solder paste contact loss.
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 04:16:00 PM

How do you measure the chip if it is not connected to the fixture? It is not possible as I have observed from reading the manual i sent you, it seems like the tools constantly send signals to all chips and you measure the chip during that period, technically the chip that does not receive the nonce is bad, but measurement has to be done during that process, how did you manage to do it without the fixutre tool?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
eotrix (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 07:12:32 PM

I have contacted plenty of sellers and none of them has given a consistent reply. So far they mostly say BM1387 and BM1387B are compatible and BM1387BL is for Hydro model
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 12:41:22 PM

I have contacted plenty of sellers and none of them has given a consistent reply. So far they mostly say BM1387 and BM1387B are compatible and BM1387BL is for Hydro model

I am not sure about the BM1387BL model but i am almost certain that both BM1387 and BM1387B are just the same, there are no resources on the internet but i did ask one of the chinese suppliers who I trust very much and he did confirm that both would work on S9.

He also told me that these chips have different models , the code which is written on the chip itself is different, some of them can handle high frequency some can't , i asked him to confirm which one is best he said he will need to check on that subject, i will update as soon as he gets back to me.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2970

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2019, 11:02:35 PM

Look at this video just found recently why looking for answer about BM1387B chips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzlV3wJzMxM

Just make sure to use the caption to english because it's rusian language. It seems the BM1387B is the last chip released last year just heard from some website. And I think BM1387 and BM1387B are both the same no differences but chinese people selling BM1387B because they have more stocks than BM1387.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████