Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:23:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Exit Strategy  (Read 1298 times)
coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:54:56 PM

When trading you always need  to have a trading plan which includes exit strategy as well.
For me taking profit is important and always stick to my predefined trading plan.
If things go differently from your plan you should have to exit and do not let a coin taking you down.
Using stop loss is a must if you want to be successful overall.
karman383

Activity: 384
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:08:25 PM

What is your exit strategy?

I would like to have a clear vision on how to extract my funds if another bull run happens.

What are your opinions? I am trading in USTD

Thanks!
It would be better if the strategy was fully planned and started when the price situation was still below. If a Bull run occurs, I will buy an altcoin that is already in the top 5 Altcoin. Or at least I bought Ethereum with my savings. Well, how do you rely on USDT? Has it provided many benefits as long as you become a trader here?
hardhardy

Activity: 59
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:09:36 PM

Yeah long term but I will want to get out some if you know what I mean.. So I am trying to see whats the best strategy
Live with the fact that I'll pay taxes and at least move somewhere where taxes are reasonably low.
Then wire and do what I gotta do.
Sucks, but that's real life
Ambers

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 12:43:00 AM

I am very funny to read that a person is seriously going to develop a strategy that will allow him to exit the market. We have only just passed the bottom, and now you should not worry about it. The time to exit the market and the sale of assets will come only in a few months.
Jamesdila1

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 03:32:16 AM

if you reach 5X or more profit then you can happily exit from a position. also check the total marketcap increase too. chasing more money sometimes give you a loss.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
raitsuk

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 03:47:33 AM

For me, i tried to collect as much coins as possible, and when the time those coins goes up and give me enough profit.
That would be the best time to take out my investment in crypto.

jemarleon

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Silence

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 03:54:03 AM

I have no exit strategy but if you really want to leave crypto whenever a bull run happens set a price limit or your target price, for example you will sell all of your ETH when the price reach $500.
Abosede

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 05:22:35 AM

Definitely, if things are not going according to plan,we must learn to check out.We must always set a target because that is the inky way to succeed.Crypto space is all about choices and that is one good thing about it,if things are not going as planned, we can change our plan.
JeBro

Activity: 714

Living is easy with eyes closed ...

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 05:56:14 AM

Exit strategy for a crypto trader is to earn 20% on the transaction and exit. And no FOMO. For long-term crypto investor exit strategies may vary, but not less than 100% of the profits.

SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 06:11:03 AM

In order to have a great strategy you must consider on how you are going to achieve your goal. Holding long term will do no good if you are holding the wrong one. But if you already have a coin or token in mind better set a standard on how long are you gonna hold it. Decision making is critical in investing in our market.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 06:23:56 AM

I have no exit strategy but if you really want to leave crypto whenever a bull run happens set a price limit or your target price, for example you will sell all of your ETH when the price reach $500.
Each traders have it's different view in terms of exit strategy, those who are contented with small amount of earnings simply place a desire amount of exit point while those who are willing to wait for the peak will continue holding and see the maximum results, you need to stay focus with your original plan yet you need to earn first before  exiting the market, bull run will bring positive outcome make sure to play well with it.
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 06:24:31 AM

Definitely take out your cash in case you get nice amounts during the next bull run. Don't even leave it as a USDT cash out as Fiat , at least do it for initial investment amount .

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 06:30:11 AM

I think your way is a safe way to secure your crypto assets, but switching to bitcoin is a safer way in my opinion
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 07:45:14 AM

I am very funny to read that a person is seriously going to develop a strategy that will allow him to exit the market. We have only just passed the bottom
Nothing funny here. It always good to have a strategy for entering as well as for exiting. Moreover, we do not need any special strategy to exit which is completely different from to open a position. I mean to say there should be one single single strategy which should give you both enter and exit price levels along with stop-loss levels too. Most of the time, we should exit at our expected target levels. If you go for trading any altcoin then having a proper exit level will help you to protect your profits rather than waiting for more pump and then booking losses.

now you should not worry about it. The time to exit the market and the sale of assets will come only in a few months.
If you're talking about bitcoin prices and its market then I will completely agree with you but this is not the case with most of altcoins. Because I'm not expecting most of them to recover from their current price zones, like, most of them may get delisted from the exchanges.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
CrowdforAngels

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 09:04:25 AM

I would like to have a clear vision on how to extract my funds if another bull run happens.

Thanks!

Depends on the amount you hold and if you have to pay Tax - if you hold a lot and cash out all at once expect a big bill Smiley I was speaking to the founder of Monetha and their method was interesting - after their ICO, they cashed 35% of the holding to pay for dev etc, and then every 2 weeks thereafter they cash out a little more.

Its an organised Exit

Personally, if the greed doesn't take hold, I try and cash out the gain to realise it and leave the initial investment in.
syypro

Activity: 368

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 09:11:57 AM

If you look at the market, now when the price goes down, many go to Tether or other stablecoins

Kezacky

Activity: 745

https://goldeth.io/

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 09:52:20 AM

holding the altcoin the best choice for the long term but not that easy too, if you focus on the long term it means you are looking safe by looking for delayed profits. but back to your abilities too. if you can trade or want quick profits, maybe you can try trading on a large market and not just focus on one coin. but remember to trade risk is very high, so think first before acting ...

cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 10:12:18 AM

Cashing out profits is the way forward, what I normally do during bull run is to cash out my profits as it comes and leaving my initial capital to keep growing. Although leaving your investment for a long term is also advisable but since we can't predict the future when it comes to cryptocurrency we have to act with caution in hodling for long.
Saugani

Activity: 672
Merit: 35

#BUIDL team to become delegates-validator

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 10:16:23 AM

If you long-term investment is surely good, you likely have USDT but the value will be stagnant. Why? If you look at last price an annual markets the value cannot more than one dollar (USD) it worth stable.

I don’t know if the stablecoin price will up (high) and I think it which why us can say stablecoin is to stabilize the fluctuations in crypto. We can see crypto used as investment assets so impressive all the community too me, so no problem.

the question major:

1. Do you want to invest to future if that's true, you did not get income long-term the more in usdt.
2. If you feel it is good because the price was stable, to be for you.

but, return to plans you want to playing long term or short term.

nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 10:24:47 AM

Thanks!

Exit strategy is depend your money management to set take profit point, in this topic your mindset as trader/ investor take big part. Meaning who are you exactly, opportunist or safe person?. Time and calculation will create stop loss and take profit point depend your idealism. Up to you my friend but let me remain you never enter market before set your stop loss and take profit point.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████