Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:31:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Parents Ask for Bitcoin Donations to Newborn Baby in Newspaper Ad  (Read 130 times)
vadimkr (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 02:43:45 PM

On January 6th, 2019, Izabella Anna Bowles was born. Shortly thereafter, her full name was already in print in The Times as part of an ad that her parents had issued, seeking cryptocurrency donations for the future education of the little “Bitcoin Baby.”

https://all-stocks.net/parents-ask-for-bitcoin-donations-to-newborn-babys-college-fund-in-newspaper-ad/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 03:46:23 AM

Wow, I can't believe it. While reading the article and seeing the address, look on how much the baby collected at all. 1 BTC and counting in total as of the moment and it keeps on going.

But using a baby for donation to her college fund, what's her parents do? it wasn't indicated the source of living that her parents do. It will be imitated by others who are pregnant right now, what will be the next reason to fund for their 'bitcoin baby'?
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 06:57:49 PM

Well I wish the baby the best in her life endeavor, I like the idea of choosing bitcoin as the means of the aids being received by the parent on the baby behalf. First bitcoin already worth 1bitcoin already and with time I know that amount is going to increase. I know so many others will repeat this after the birth of they baby.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 09:04:00 PM

Sorry, but I don't understand why this baby are so psecial that people are donating money to her studies. I don't know how much studies costs in their country, but I think that parents are supposed to pay with their own money for their children studies. If they don't afford, they can take a loan or something. For me it looks like just begging for money and nothing more. Now we don't even know that these money will be used to pay for tuition. Offcourse it's difficult to judge them without knowing real situation. Mayber they are extremel;y poo0r family or they have other problems like health or something, but it's not explained in advertisement. And their plan is really interesting. We don't know how much Bitcoin will be worth after 18 years, but it's likely that they will have more than enough money collected to pay for studies.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 07:35:07 AM

Wow, I can't believe it. While reading the article and seeing the address, look on how much the baby collected at all. 1 BTC and counting in total as of the moment and it keeps on going.

But using a baby for donation to her college fund, what's her parents do? it wasn't indicated the source of living that her parents do. It will be imitated by others who are pregnant right now, what will be the next reason to fund for their 'bitcoin baby'?
It is interesting because there is no real way of confirming the birth is in fact "real" (unless you otherwise know the parents).

Another issue is this story has gone semi-viral, and it is difficult to know for sure the correct donation address if you wish to donate because it is so easy for 3rd party news sites to forge the donation address of the ad.
CoinFellow

Activity: 39
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 08:57:40 AM

It is interesting because there is no real way of confirming the birth is in fact "real" (unless you otherwise know the parents).

Another issue is this story has gone semi-viral, and it is difficult to know for sure the correct donation address if you wish to donate because it is so easy for 3rd party news sites to forge the donation address of the ad.

I agree. Apart from knowing if the baby is really born or if this is really a cheap gimmick, do we really want to fund baby's future (education, health expenses etc.) in bitcoin?

To be realistic, we don't really know what is bitcoin (or for that matter any crypto) really worth 15 years down the line? This is still a technology in its infancy trying to find its feet. Most of us did not envisage meltdown of cyptos in 2018. I have been following this field for 3 years now and been in this umbrella industry for more than 20 years.

Unless any technology is widely accepted and more importantly properly regulated (which we are still far off in most of the world), there is no way it is going to find a wider acceptance. We may hear of some good news here and there, but wider acceptance will take time.

Wish the newly born a great success & future ahead... Thanks
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 04:27:04 PM

I agree. Apart from knowing if the baby is really born or if this is really a cheap gimmick, do we really want to fund baby's future (education, health expenses etc.) in bitcoin?

To be realistic, we don't really know what is bitcoin (or for that matter any crypto) really worth 15 years down the line? This is still a technology in its infancy trying to find its feet. Most of us did not envisage meltdown of cyptos in 2018. I have been following this field for 3 years now and been in this umbrella industry for more than 20 years.

Unless any technology is widely accepted and more importantly properly regulated (which we are still far off in most of the world), there is no way it is going to find a wider acceptance. We may hear of some good news here and there, but wider acceptance will take time.

Wish the newly born a great success & future ahead... Thanks
I would suspect the parents will convert the bitcoin to dollars after some amount of time has passed (from when the ad was published). They will probably either put the dollars in a savings Amin the child’s name or an investment account in the child’s name.
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 04:35:37 PM

Thats it,the article mention nothing about the parents status instead its all about the baby and the donations collected,unless. The parents has no capabilities to provide for the baby in more reasonable way that just being a bitcoin baby so called.

For me as a parent i would rather work and provide my baby’s needs specially college when it was almost 20 yeard from now.lots of things might happen and not this kind of seeking
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: