Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:05:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Completed 😄] No Bitcoin article in Tagalog Wikipedia (P2/word offer inside!)  (Read 621 times)
kopipe (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 01:22:31 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2019, 08:00:27 AM by kopipe
Merited by presduterte (7), cleygaux (1), bigatenz (1)

This is a bit of an unusual post.
Medyo pambihira ang aking post.

Please forgive errors, I am not a native speaker.
Patawarin nyo po ang aking mga pagkakamali. Hindi ako nagsasalita ng katutubo.

There is no article about "Bitcoin" in the Tagalog Wikipedia.
Walang artikulo tungkol sa bitcoin sa Wikipedia natin.

That sucks.
Nakakapanghinayang.

I'll make an offer.
Meron ako isang alok.

I'm feeling generous. This is my Christmas gift to the forum.
Dahil mapagbigay ako, ito ang aking regalo para sa Pasko sa forum.

Offer (sorry, translation ends here):
I will pay anyone 2 pesos per word that they add to the Tagalog Wikipedia on the topic of Bitcoin and Ethereum until midnight 1 January 2019 GMT+8 (Manila time).

You must follow the rules of Wikipedia. All added materials must have citations. All added text must be neutral and not unduly praise Bitcoin/Eth. Do not add spam or nonsense. Please do not try to cheat the system by writing a whole lot of irrelevant nonsense about Bitcoin/Eth. Let's write a good article.

You can directly translate from English, see this page for instructions.

At the end of the period, I will use WikiBlame to see who contributed how many words and pay out based on that. I will only be looking at the article named Bitcoin and the article named Ethereum. No other cryptocurrency articles will be considered.

If you don't believe I will pay out, I've done a lot of business with the moderator of this subforum, Dabs, in the past, and would be willing to let him hold Bitcoin to pay out. But you can rest assured that I will pay out; although I do not have default trust I have been around the community, I created the 8chan IB for example, and it would damage my reputation a lot not to pay out.

Code:
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This is proof that I have sufficient funds to pay out for my Tagalog Wikipedia building charity event. I am kopipe, posting on Bitcointalk, on 20 December 2018 9:18PM GMT+8.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1GL1U5Rqha6Mx6X2BJ9YuB3NQS4ogicRGZ
IEsaHP8hXIEbnBBUDnVFyoTdsCZyn4YR4pobm/+dtS8vCtD1WbimbIcxCxczx0Gf2knXy92aLug0XdRFjC0Gpnw=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Edited to add:
I would also be willing to raise the rate. Feel free to comment requesting such if you think my rate is unfair. I have no idea what a fair translation rate would be. Let's also please remember that this is for charity, it's a Wikipedia article, no one is making money off of this.

コピペ copypaste
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 01:55:47 PM

Great Agenda. This is indeed a great opportunity for the Filipino Forum Members, to write and share their own perceptions about bitcoin and eth and getting paid. I just want to ask if you're a Filipino? I mean how could you know that there is no bitcoin or eth content on the Tagalog Wiki page? I bet you did some digging and this one doesn't come out accidentally.

Anyways, would try to look for some valuable contents about the subject and eventually contribute.

Edited to add:
no one is making money off of this.

Only the content sharers and Wikipedia Grin
kopipe (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 02:02:22 PM

Great Agenda. This is indeed a great opportunity for the Filipino Forum Members, to write and share their own perceptions about bitcoin and eth and getting paid. I just want to ask if you're a Filipino? I mean how could you know that there is no bitcoin or eth content on the Tagalog Wiki page? I bet you did some digging and this one doesn't come out accidentally.

Anyways, would try to look for some valuable contents about the subject and eventually contribute.

Edited to add:
no one is making money off of this.

Only the content sharers and Wikipedia Grin

Hi there!  Cheesy

I am an immigrant living in the Philippines. I have a Filipina fiancee. I've lived here for five years, thus you can see I can sort of speak Tagalog if I try hard.  Wink Some day very soon I hope to become a permanent resident.

I was just reading the English Bitcoin article and noticed there's no Tagalog counterpart. I thought that's a big shame so decided to do this to give back to the community. I rely on the Tagalog Wikipedia a lot for vocabulary words and sentence constructions, it helps me study the language.

コピペ copypaste
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2018, 10:21:36 PM

Code:
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This is proof that I have sufficient funds to pay out for my Tagalog Wikipedia building charity event. I am kopipe, posting on Bitcointalk, on 20 December 2018 9:18PM GMT+8.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1GL1U5Rqha6Mx6X2BJ9YuB3NQS4ogicRGZ
IEsaHP8hXIEbnBBUDnVFyoTdsCZyn4YR4pobm/+dtS8vCtD1WbimbIcxCxczx0Gf2knXy92aLug0XdRFjC0Gpnw=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Verified.

This is a great assignment. I'll go and try this one on my coming christmas break. BTW, there are some threads here (that were buried already) that are translations from BTC/ETH topics like having a signed message, making a vanity address, securing wallet, etc.

kopipe (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 05:52:57 AM

Glad to hear it.  Grin

Just to be clear, these are the two pages I'll be checking:

https://tl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin
https://tl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethereum

Put your Bitcoin address on your Wikipedia user page when editing to receive payout.

Also, after conversations with my friends, I've decided to double the payout!

Now I will pay two pesos per word.

コピペ copypaste
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 01:39:28 PM

Hi there!  Cheesy

I am an immigrant living in the Philippines. I have a Filipina fiancee. I've lived here for five years, thus you can see I can sort of speak Tagalog if I try hard.  Wink Some day very soon I hope to become a permanent resident.

Great. With your compassion, I think sooner with the right documents you'd be approved and there's no doubt to that.

Now I will pay two pesos per word.

This is an extra motivation.

I would almost attempt to do it myself but my tagalog is very poor, and my g.f.'s knowledge of, well anything that has to do with technology, is very limited. Not exactly a good combination for this project!

What we need to have is the "Tagalog Vocabulary" familiarity and a good understanding about the technology. As a born Filipino, this technology thing is making it hard for me which made me hesitate to take any action, this wont come constant so there's too much time to consume doing the research, ofc even it is compensated. Now also hoping for smarter Pinoys out there to share their knowledge.
zupdawg

Activity: 672
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 10:05:51 AM

Im kinda skeptical, how can we be sure that you will be paying us for the efforts? Do you mind putting some coins in escrow so we can feel more safe about the payment? Also, is there any maximum amount a user can get here?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
kopipe (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 12:25:44 PM

Im kinda skeptical, how can we be sure that you will be paying us for the efforts? Do you mind putting some coins in escrow so we can feel more safe about the payment? Also, is there any maximum amount a user can get here?

I would be happy to put coins with a trusted escrow user, such as Dabs, as written above.

The article in the English Wikipedia about Bitcoin is around 7,500 words. So, assuming you translated every single word there, you'd receive P15000. I highly doubt someone will write that much in the allotted time, but I would pay out in that eventuality. The same goes for the Ethereum article.

However, I would of course make sure that you followed Wikipedia's rules about citation, relevancy, neutral point of view etc before paying out. The reason is because I want the article to be long lasting and not deleted by Wikipedia's admins, that doesn't do any of us any good.

I think the best bet is to translate from the English article, as much as you want. That article closely follows Wikipedia's rules so if you translate from it instead of attempting to write original content I'll have no reason not to pay out.

コピペ copypaste
bigatenz

Activity: 132
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 01:32:45 AM

Let me try it out , by the way I am done to translate a one article about Bitcoin network in wikipedia I will publish it sooner or later. Thank you
kopipe (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 11:11:37 AM

Let me try it out , by the way I am done to translate a one article about Bitcoin network in wikipedia I will publish it sooner or later. Thank you

Great, can't wait to see it.  Grin

コピペ copypaste
bigatenz

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 01:17:34 PM

Great, can't wait to see it.  Grin
Done mate here you go : https://tl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin_network
BTC Address : 1C52DBwM2LqFp4g2vprPzSqYp2u6yZaKEQ
kopipe (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 02:15:46 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2018, 02:33:02 PM by kopipe

Great, can't wait to see it.  Grin
Done mate here you go : https://tl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin_network
BTC Address : 1C52DBwM2LqFp4g2vprPzSqYp2u6yZaKEQ

Nice work!

Not to be too picky, but I did say I would only approve https://tl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin or https://tl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethereum.

Can you move your article there using Wikipedia's built-in tools? Also, you should remove the broken templates  Wink

To show good faith I'll send some coins though despite these problems.

The article you wrote has 3,323 words.
At P2 per word, that would be P6,646.
However, since you made some mistakes, I'll only pay half at first, P3,323.
203,286 PHP = 1BTC according to coins.ph. Therefore I sent 0.0163464281849BTC in tx 18a0bc41b1c8a1f3198da130c674aab86d00c2facf2f2fe523d2748e7e70fd0e
I'll pay the other half once mistakes are fixed.

Other editors who improve the article will be paid as well depending on how much they add/change. I'm doing this payment just to show skeptics I will pay out. :-)

EDIT: I see you wrote about the Bitcoin network, not Bitcoin itself. I've decided to accept that, no need to move the article, just remove the broken templates. Other users are advised to pay attention to the rules though.

コピペ copypaste
zupdawg

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 04:20:54 PM

for reference, nag start na ako mag translate into tagalog version ng wikipedia about bitcoin. anyone knows kung paano makikita kung sino gumawa/nagtranslate ng isang article sa wikipedia? medyo baguhan kasi ako dun

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
bigatenz

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 01:29:59 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2018, 01:45:25 AM by bigatenz

EDIT: I see you wrote about the Bitcoin network, not Bitcoin itself. I've decided to accept that, no need to move the article, just remove the broken templates. Other users are advised to pay attention to the rules though.

Fixed mate,  thank you by the way  Merry Christmas
I am also started to translate the ethereum page maybe tommorow Im done to translate it. Thank you
kopipe (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 09:04:41 AM

Fixed mate,  thank you by the way  Merry Christmas
I am also started to translate the ethereum page maybe tommorow Im done to translate it. Thank you

Thank you!  Cheesy

Unfortunately there seem to still be a few small problems.

I wrote that you should fix the broken templates. What I meant by that was just remove the "Padron" links like "Padron:Broader" which you can see here in your old edit. https://tl.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bitcoin_network&oldid=1672141#Pinaghihinalaang_aktibidad_ng_mga_kriminal

It seems like you did that, but you also added many links to English Wikipedia. I don't think that's allowed, no other pages on Tagalog Wikipedia do that.

There's nothing wrong with having red links, all I meant is to remove the broken templates. Can you please restore the red links (or just make them not links at all) to avoid complaints by Wikipedia admins?

コピペ copypaste
bigatenz

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 11:59:38 AM

There's nothing wrong with having red links, all I meant is to remove the broken templates. Can you please restore the red links (or just make them not links at all) to avoid complaints by Wikipedia admins?
Sorry sir for the some mistake because I didn't familiarize the wikipedia , by the way as you said I changed the red links to text,  Thank you
bigatenz

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 11:57:55 PM

Not to be too picky, but I did say I would only approve https://tl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin or https://tl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethereum.
Hello mate Merry Christmas , I am done to translate ethereum wikipedia page to the filipino/tagalog language ,kindly check it here : https://tl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethereum
kopipe (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 04:00:44 AM

Thank you to all the editors. I will pay out the rest of what's owed to everyone on January 1 as stated previously. The reason I'm waiting is to assure the longevity of the articles. @bigatenz seems to have done the best work, while I'm quite worried that the current "Bitcoin" article is not long for this world due its lack of links and especially references.

コピペ copypaste
zupdawg

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 10:05:40 AM

Thank you to all the editors. I will pay out the rest of what's owed to everyone on January 1 as stated previously. The reason I'm waiting is to assure the longevity of the articles. @bigatenz seems to have done the best work, while I'm quite worried that the current "Bitcoin" article is not long for this world due its lack of links and especially references.

I will finish the translation, its just Christmas just came by and almost all of us are busy, I will try to finish the translation in few days, hopefully in 1-2days.

I wonder why no one tried to translate the bitcoin article though

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
bigatenz

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 10:58:50 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2018, 11:09:38 AM by bigatenz

noted sir  Grin

I wonder why no one tried to translate the bitcoin article though
Ops  Embarrassed I am in 75% near completion of the translation of Bitcoin wikipedia page @zupdawg
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: