Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:34:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL] YAAMP.COM multipool multialgo profit switch with exchange  (Read 181061 times)
ffpool.net

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 06:39:16 PM

Open for public Beta Test:

http://ffpool.net

Report any problems you got either via PM or via Mail to admin at ffpool.net

Mining SAK? That's brave :-) Pointing a miner your way, we'll see how it goes...
Maybe YAAMP clones should create their own threads for feedback?

SAK is very profitable ,thats why we're mining it Smiley

I'll open a fresh thread for the pool soon, just testing out a few final things and then we'll have an own thread.

Also, we seem to be missing a few percents:

lol now thats nice, i'll check where that comes from Smiley

Mining SAK? That's brave :-) Pointing a miner your way, we'll see how it goes...

I'll open a fresh thread for the pool soon, just testing out a few final things and then we'll have an own thread.
FYI- I cant see any Wallet info- accumulated bitcoin when I tried mining for a few hours.  Made me nervous

We're currently having quite low hash, probably no block was found during the time you where mining. But it should be better soon, i'm pushing some MH/s myself into the pool.

Which algo were you mining ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TarzanSupplex

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 06:42:53 PM

Was mining quark to here:
1B6WWKxcY4mTPGyRsGYQwqjLkSvH9EjYVt
Should have earned a few fractions as I have 2 980 tis plus a 750 working
Grout

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 06:47:03 PM

Last block found was 20 hours ago. If you started mining after that, you earned nothing.
This will normalize once the pool has more hashrate, but right now, it's almost like solo-mining.
TarzanSupplex

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 06:50:33 PM

Last block found was 20 hours ago. If you started mining after that, you earned nothing.
This will normalize once the pool has more hashrate, but right now, it's almost like solo-mining.

That makes sense- thanks, I will jump back in soon.
Grout

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 07:03:16 PM

Very profitable, but very hard ;-)
Not sure that's possible, but you could try splitting the hashrate between SAK and lower difficulty coins. At least for the beginning.
With current hasrate, it takes the pool 12 hours on average to find a block. Someone testing the pool for a few hours and getting nothing could get nervous, as TarzanSupplex showed.

I'm sure it will get better once the pool is added to minercontrol, I guess a lot of gaming rigs are using this...
yaamp (OP)

Activity: 175

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 07:18:14 PM

Yet Another YAAMP based multipool.

Not that many coins for now, but we'll add more soon.

http://hashpower.co

lol im very glad clones are starting to take off Smiley

yaamp.com
Grout

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 08:26:26 PM

imho talking about SAK profitability makes sense when you can find at least 1 block per hour,
until then it's a waste of hashes

So, about 700MH. I'm sure crysx has that laying under his desk ;-)
Come on guys, mining SAK has never been that easy, we just need a few more.
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 08:45:21 PM

imho talking about SAK profitability makes sense when you can find at least 1 block per hour,

Statistically speaking, no.

Jake-R

Activity: 142

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 10:24:19 PM

It is a shame that the domain name got sold to the competition before yaamp went open source.
ffpool.net

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 10:26:29 PM

There's already > 300 MH/s of Quark Power at the pool right now, so we're about to find a block every 100 mins now.. If some more jump in it will get even faster.

A lot of BloodCoin Blocks have been found too when it was more proftable for a short time...
Epsylon3
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082

ccminer/cpuminer developer

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 11:00:59 PM

And my "fork" with new algos (ZR5, dropcoin, and C11)

http://yiimp.ccminer.org

@yaamp : are you french or swiss ? I see weird twitter terms in french Wink

I plan to publish changes on github... later

BTC: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd - My Projects: ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp - Forum threads : ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 01:30:42 AM

And my "fork" with new algos (ZR5, dropcoin, and C11)

http://yiimp.ccminer.org

@yaamp : are you french or swiss ? I see weird twitter terms in french Wink

I plan to publish changes on github... later

aaand ... this is why we have waited Wink ...

looking at throwing a few hashes here and there to test some of the new pools ...

there will be a few clones out there in the new future and we are looking forward to it ...

for now - we are rebuilding a few things on this end - including the servers - the farm - the donation site / links - granitecoin - and a few others ...

all will be updated soon on the respective threads ...

we have been limited only by how many servers we were allocated so far ... so working around that 'little' issue at the moment ...

disappear every few days for personal reasons also ...

but always around and always watching ...

btw grout - the hashes dont sit not under the desk Wink ... hehehe ...

#crysx

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 07:42:44 AM

this is multialgo autoswitching pool,
just because of that too fast coins as well as too rare blocks aren't welcome

Again, statistically it doesn't matter, it's just an issue with people that want to always get paid even for small periods of time.
If a coin is profitable, it still is regardless of difficulty.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 08:42:12 AM

this is multialgo autoswitching pool,
just because of that too fast coins as well as too rare blocks aren't welcome

Again, statistically it doesn't matter, it's just an issue with people that want to always get paid even for small periods of time.

agreed ...

in the midst of a 'profitability' situation with most miners - we look at mining as a system of attaining coins ... nothing more ...

if the coins are 'profitable' ( in the monetary fiat sense ) then great ... if not - then great ...

we dont look at what we can get back from coins with fiat - never really have ...

if we mine a particular coin or not - it always has to do with the coin itself ... this is why we look at a 'profitability' situation as how many coins can we attain for the mining period we will commit of the farm ...

profitability? ... in the sense i have just explained ( which we stick by - no matter what ) - most coins are profitable ... no matter how high or low the difficulty - no matter how high or low the EXCHANGE to fiat is ...

the value of the coin to us / me is simply - what service or product will this coin allow us / me to purchase? ... not - how much fiat can this coin be exchanged for? ...

the simple fact that code like the yaamp code is available should mean that ALL coins that can be mined would be an asset of some sort or another ...

#crysx

DeCrypterManiac

Activity: 550
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:45:55 PM

There's already > 300 MH/s of Quark Power at the pool right now, so we're about to find a block every 100 mins now.. If some more jump in it will get even faster.

A lot of BloodCoin Blocks have been found too when it was more proftable for a short time...

I've just received my auto payment in BTC ! Your Pool seems to work really good, you should make a separate announcement thread for it !

Quark Hashrate very nice
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 01:13:30 PM

you have your math - i have my practical stats, and it says - don't mine when those coins are on yaamp,
both too fast or too slow, if you want to mine those coins themselves - go to coin's pool or solo, not yaamp

that is all good and well if that is YOUR opinion ...

especially when considering yaamp.com is actually gone ... it is no more ...

the pool that is being discussed at the moment is a NEW pool ...

how does that make mining at another pool or solo any different to mining using that pool that is being discussed ...

its not yaamp.com - its just using the code ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 01:52:14 PM

you have your math - i have my practical stats, and it says - don't mine when those coins are on yaamp,
both too fast or too slow, if you want to mine those coins themselves - go to coin's pool or solo, not yaamp

how does that make mining at another pool or solo any different to mining using that pool that is being discussed ...

#crysx

i mean yaamp's code, not site, just try and see for yourself,
multialgo switching makes huge difference

i see what you mean ...

on this fact alone - it does seem that way ...

multialgo switching has abrupt changes to contend with and so suffer share rejects everytime the switch happens ...

this is a loss of shares and productivity - even though they are small between switches ... we have seen this happen with our own miners / farm ...

but that is with ANY multialgo multipool - not just yaamp.com ...

look at epsylon3 .. he is one hell of a developer - and now running his own yaamp-coded pool with more algos added ...

it sort of goes to show that if even a seasoned developer like him is willing to look at - setup - and improve the code - then the pool code is still on a reasonably good level ...

nicehash has the same sort of issues ( though they dont mine coins - just divert hashrate ) with multialgo switching ...

so much so - that they devote an entire section on the website to it ...

single algo / single coin pools may be more 'efficient' ( for lack of a better word ) at mining - but we believe that the losses are so minimal thats its close to negligible ...

#crysx

NiceHashSupport

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 02:15:59 PM

#crysx

i see what you mean ...

multialgo switching has abrupt changes to contend with and so suffer share rejects everytime the switch happens ...

this is a loss of shares and productivity - even though they are small between switches ... we have seen this happen with our own miners / farm ...

look at epsylon3 .. he is one hell of a developer - and now running his own yaamp-coded pool with more algos added ...

it sort of goes to show that if even a seasoned developer like him is willing to look at - setup - and improve the code - then the pool code is still on a reasonably good level ...

nicehash has the same sort of issues ( though they dont mine coins - just divert hashrate ) with multialgo switching ...

single algo / single coin pools may be more 'efficient' ( for lack of a better word ) at mining - but we believe that the losses are so minimal thats its close to negligible ...

#crysx

We are not aware of latest sgminer having any issues with algo switching. There were issues at start, but these times are long gone. If you use any other software besides sgminer and getting rejects, then there is an issue with that software.

NiceHash.com - Largest Crypto-Mining Marketplace
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:17:15 PM

it is a pity you ppl are so theory-minded, because it is too long to explain how sun is shining.
in a short - you mine here according to pool's profitability calculations, which may be very, very inaccurate.
on a simple multipool you get all coins you've mined, then sell them in proper time and exchange,
here you get only one coin paid for a session, it looks so techy but in fact is a lot of trouble,
rare blocks and fast coins just mean more of that trouble

I prefer to see and understand, not just see. YMMV.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 03:15:24 PM

#crysx

i see what you mean ...

#crysx

We are not aware of latest sgminer having any issues with algo switching. There were issues at start, but these times are long gone. If you use any other software besides sgminer and getting rejects, then there is an issue with that software.

you are quite right ...

it is the earlier version ( 5.1.0-dev sgminer ) while using the amd cards - but mostly it is ccminer ( spmod fork in this case - as nvidia cards are the main miners we have in our farm ) ...

using just sgminer on ONE algo ( quark in this case ) also has a large number of share rejections ...

testing the latest that we have compiled ( sgminer 5.1.1.17-g6666 ) still manages to reject shares on the stratums ...

the stratums we have had the pleasure of testing here are x11 - x13 - x15 - neoscrypt - lyra2re - quark ...

currently - the share reject rate is nominal ( ie - small ) but at times jump into astronomical figures for short periods of time ...

we have a number of miners currently running on quark using your us-based startum ( westhash ) with both ccminer ( spmod fork 1.5.53-git - compiled under linux x64 and cuda 6.5 - ) and the russian sgminer miner ( untrusted but works - 5.1.1 - under windows ) as well as the latest sgminer git compile in linux ( sgminer 5.1.1-17-g666 ) and ALL of them show share rejects on a regular basis mining on quark.usa.nicehash.com:3345 ...

note - this is mining 'just' quark ... not algo switching ...

i have seen sgminer ( git ) show regular share rejects switching algos also - though the testing is no where near as comprehensive as what we have already done on each algo singularly ...

take a look at the current stats on the test bench as we chat  - https://www.westhash.com/?p=miners&a=12&addr=15umzHXF8NzXA4FywmeFbrDHgL8WcPs3wx ...

we are working alongside another long term respected user here on bct ( who we wont name for the moment ) on an algo switching script for linux using nicehash and ( originally ) yaamp ... obviously nicehash is the main testbed now until a new yaamp comes about ( which is currently planned ) - but these tests show proof that the farm in all its different incarnations and hardware / software makeup will never submit shares that are ALWAYS accepted ...

this is not to single out any one pool or another ... it is to show ( at least to us ) that rejected shares can only be minimized - not altogether eradicated ... no matter how 'good' the mining software - or mining hardware - or stratum software / pool software is ...

so even though you may not be aware of the share rejects - our mining proves otherwise ( at least for the miners we have tested internally ) ...

we are putting together all the donation links through nicehash - which means that even though share rejects happen - it is almost negligible in the long run ...

btw - havent heard back from support whether the other ip addresses we have submitted ( for the donation links ) have been whitelisted yet Wink ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: