Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:08:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Bitcoin Millionaire arrested  (Read 842 times)
harapan

Activity: 1694
Merit: 298

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 05:31:34 PM

read the story and there were contradictions.  hope he doesn't get the maximum penalty of 12-month prison term and a fine of HK$5,000.  that's too much if his intention was really noble.
it was indeed a noble thing, but it made traffic jam.
but it is also inappropriate if he is given a sentence and a fine. that's a really cool thing  Cool

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anil.N

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 05:53:17 PM

Anyone read this? I just read this in an advertisement that popped out of nowhere.

https://www.ccn.com/hong-kong-bitcoin-millionaire-arrested-after-throwing-cash-off-apartment-building/?utm_source=CCN&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=dd

Maybe he is a member of this forum too and I am a bit curious what really happened there that pushed him to do that, they say that it is an advertisement, well, in his own way of advertising.
will that happen in crypto currency
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 07:36:23 AM

Everyone goes crazy on their own. Big money does not lead to good. This man is very difficult to understand why he did so. I think it would be better if he gave this money to people in need.
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:02:04 AM

Its unfortunate that many a times people do what they should not do in a bid to make quick money which may eventually not be well with such fellows when they are eventually caught. It shows that eventually evil and wickedness does not pay. He may serve a jail term of maximum of 12 months or pay the fine which is less than a thousand dollars. It should serve as a warning to all those who do evil that it does not pay.

wongdeso

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:08:35 AM

It is unfortunate with this event, where someone who does not control his emotions with the amount of money he has. He should be able to use it well and carefully, but this little arrogance actually took him to the jail room and also the fines he must bear.
Al Wahhaab

Activity: 76

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:23:33 AM

people go crazy all the time, specially when they lose a lot of money trading altcoins. take all those newbies who keep on starting meaningless topics about bitcoin these days. many of them have been losing a lot of money because of the volatility and the recent drop which made them make mistakes and sell too late or short when price was rising,... and each person reacts differently when they go crazy Cheesy

I always think negatively about this
nicko122

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 10:16:48 AM

Anyone read this? I just read this in an advertisement that popped out of nowhere.

https://www.ccn.com/hong-kong-bitcoin-millionaire-arrested-after-throwing-cash-off-apartment-building/?utm_source=CCN&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=dd

Maybe he is a member of this forum too and I am a bit curious what really happened there that pushed him to do that, they say that it is an advertisement, well, in his own way of advertising.
I read this news and was surprised that he was arrested. The accusation sounds like a disorder in a public place, which might not have been enough for an accusation in any other country.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 10:28:47 AM

Everyone goes crazy on their own. Big money does not lead to good. This man is very difficult to understand why he did so. I think it would be better if he gave this money to people in need.

Not all are crazy . maybe the guy has a mental disorder thats why he did that to his own money or maybe he just took a drugs and he got high . what i dont understant is that why he got arested for the said act ?  throwing money out of the streets is not even a crime but it is rather a tradition especially on december to give away to the poor .

aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1250

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 10:36:44 AM

I wouldnt say hes crazy at all, it was a PR stunt to advertise an event.
The stunt was dangerous, as people on the street rushed to gather the
falling notes they could get injured or killed by blindly running out
into traffic for example.

I think his intentions were good, he released yhe notes in a very poor
area. This was captured live on facebook thats where the promotion
was targated not on the street.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
kalstarzz

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 10:52:13 AM

I think the case that is accused of bitcoin billionaires is not a case related to bitcoin, and this case in my opinion will not have any influence on bitcoin.
aray80

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 11:40:33 AM

When an idea will be successful if done with excessive action like this you should not forget to get official permission from the authorities so that the message of the crptocurrency ad is well received by the masses
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 01:29:17 PM

Please don't litter the streets with your fiat banknotes Smiley

Someone told me HK is sensitive with things falling of buildings, it is common to sue building owners when something falls off the structure, i'm not surprised there is a fine for throwing paper...

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 02:41:34 PM

His “charitable” action
For me it is not a charitable action but being a braggart. If he really did it just for advertising then it was a wrong move (but surely an effective one) because he violated a law and if he did it for charity then not so good move again. Instead of throwing money in the air much better if he help the needy personally — much formal and sincerity can really be felt.
hope he doesn't get the maximum penalty of 12-month prison term and a fine of HK$5,000
For sure that the fine is not a problem for him at all, just the painful 12 month imprisonment. I guess he is now regretting for doing such actions.
dr.cheema

Activity: 826
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 03:02:20 PM

Idiot if he has a lot money then invest on ethereum and bitcoin and rise the price of crypto assets.
Police will investigate and plus point of crypto that they could not track the crypto assets of millionaire guy.
Next time never threw the dollars from window and invest on crypto and make crypto prices higher.
firebird14

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 03:05:44 PM

To be honest that's great promotion for crypto  Grin
Janation (OP)

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 07:47:32 AM

His “charitable” action
For me it is not a charitable action but being a braggart. If he really did it just for advertising then it was a wrong move (but surely an effective one) because he violated a law and if he did it for charity then not so good move again. Instead of throwing money in the air much better if he help the needy personally — much formal and sincerity can really be felt.
hope he doesn't get the maximum penalty of 12-month prison term and a fine of HK$5,000
For sure that the fine is not a problem for him at all, just the painful 12 month imprisonment. I guess he is now regretting for doing such actions.

I think the person is just overjoyed to what is happening.

He is an owner of a site and I think what might happen or what is happening makes him so happy since he is earning a lot of money. He may be a braggart but I think if I am happy at the same time earning a money, I will be doing the same thing but in a different way. He can just donate it to charity, help people in needs. He might be helping people but at the same time he is creating a chaos. He can help people with other things to do and advertise his site or other rojectd.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 07:58:21 AM

It is unfortunate with this event, where someone who does not control his emotions with the amount of money he has. He should be able to use it well and carefully, but this little arrogance actually took him to the jail room and also the fines he must bear.
Maybe he just want to be recognized around the world as a bitcoin millionaire, and that is why he did that thing which is too risky for those people who are looting the money. Its better to help those people who really need the money than to be like this, there is so many way to help people go for the charities on your place or feed those street people, you don’t need to shout that you’re a millionaire, this is for your own safety also.
mweezy

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 01:13:24 PM

I think he was just over ruled by money or maybe he got drunk at that moment, giving money out to the poor is not a bad idea, what is wrong there is abusing the currency by thronging it off into the  street. So it always good not to get rule by the spirit of money to avoid getting in trouble.
Wellyan

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 01:47:46 PM

I think the case that is accused of bitcoin billionaires is not a case related to bitcoin, and this case in my opinion will not have any influence on bitcoin.

as you say, I think that this case really has nothing to do with btc. because a billionaire when he has a problem outside of the btc range then it is his own fault, because he also sometimes uses btc in the wrong way.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: