Bitcoin Forum
December 08, 2016, 02:47:28 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Limited coins and hoarding  (Read 7880 times)
Etlase2

Activity: 798

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 02:43:39 AM

Well, the last time you responded to anything about it was on revision 2 before I had really laid down the foundation.

"I won't fault you for trying, but I can't agree that artificial attempts to suppress the cost/value of coin creation are worthwhile."

That was what you responded with in a PM, I don't remember what I said originally or how I responded, but it is a statement borne on the back of bitcoin's monetary policy without understanding mine. Status quo bias, et al. I believe you are the one that politely refused to consider. Even calling it artificial, as if bitcoin's monetary policy is anything but.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:18:29 PM

I wish this would work but you just cannot control the market like you want to. Take a look at RS and his bait and switch methods for 32->5 SC reward drop. Price is 0.009 now but still hashrate is declined and less profitable than before etc.
jtimon
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2011, 08:54:17 AM

The natural way to do P2P currency expansion is to award new coins proportionately to those who hold existing coins. Duh.

I advocate demurrage to discourage hoarding. How a positive interest in accounts can discourage hoarding?

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.