Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:45:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: On altcoins announcements  (Read 275 times)
Coinifyx (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Personal Text

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 10:30:58 PM

There is something really troubling when I visit the most visited section of this website(Altcoins Announcements), every single thread looks the same and has no interesting feature but builds up expectations and promises. There are so many tokens I lost count, why every single person believes to be special? Like they got to do something better, they must be the lions, every single currency is now "a next generation" cryptocurrency. Every single team has "10+ years of experience" despite doing a shitcoin nobody will care about.

Where all these people come from? Why people have to release a shit product only for the sake of releasing something unique about themselves? Is it just a big scam scheme? Someone should tell them they are not revolutionary, they are not special, they are just the next shitcoin on the asian market of sand castles. Those will never set the future only trash the present.

Remember that quality is always better than quantity, this is just a rant

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 6332

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 01:54:43 AM

you will get used to it. it takes time  Grin

also there are better boards on the form if you want quality posts, by going to tha alt ANN topics you will only see what you see, it will forever be this way. so grow a thick skin or find a better board.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 08:55:38 AM

It's quite normal. Everyone who runs a business (altcoin == business) will promote their project as the best one even if there are dozens of similar projects out there. I don't think that's a problem, because most people already know that they need to do their own due diligence. I personally think it is weird if they don't show what they're capable of doing or what they promised (even lie sometimes, but hey, our common sense can know it).

What trouble me the most is the number of spam bot, spam accounts and merit abuse on those board.
chenille

Activity: 428
Merit: 172

chenille!

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 11:42:55 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4), Welsh (4), The Sceptical Chymist (2)

It's all about collecting money. Most projects are blatant scams using fake pictures and fake promises or at least creating trash projects only launched to collect money. Most of them don't need a blockchain, but a blockchain ICO is unregulated and an easy way to scam dumb investors.
This affects the entire crypto space in a very negative way and makes it easy to give an argument to those people who call for more regulation and surveillance (KYC).

There might be a few good projects, but to pick them is not easy because at least here in Bitcointalk those projects are immediately bumped to the second page due to bumping services of other trash projects...
In general, bumping services are totally ineffective because visibility of your project will be the same when everyone is using them compared to if nobody would use them. The result is only an insane amount of spam.

ICOs really need to improve to collect money from diligent investors, the dumb money will dry up sooner or later.
A solution of this problem could be reversible ICOs where you can get back your invested money at any time even if the ICO is closed. By sending the own ERC20 Token back to the sender's address the investors would receive the invested Ethereum back. It would be implemented in the smart contract to have a reimbursement as a decentralized solution.

This would prevent exit-scams or forcing the team to deliever. At least, a solution like this would make scams much more difficult.
CristianOff

Activity: 421
Merit: 97

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 08:56:43 PM

Most projects are lies.
Most lies are trusted because enhanced by 'trusted sources' aka 'Medium.com' which is the worst source for information, even worse than Wikipedia
soulcancer

Activity: 276
Merit: 12

Life is toxic...CHUG IT!!

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 02:54:53 AM

for all of its faults, the altcoin ANN section has been the source of many, many, MANY great projects....you just have to learn to tune out things like ICO, MN, PRESALE, ROI and the like...would be nice if, in the future, they could segregate anything that requires a purchase...but thats probably technologically unfeasible
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 02:45:03 PM

Majority of the announcement regarding about in  crypto/altcoins are not transparent, sometimes every time there is an update mostly there is a hype to their updates, which I think it will always be a part of it. but for me I don't usually believe to their updates unless I feel the sincerity of their deeds to their community in my assessment only.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 02:54:46 AM

I would wager that most altcoins in the section are released by the same people, using a different name, different team, and different bullshit. They are almost carbon copies of one another, and even have some of the same accounts bumping their threads up with low ranked accounts. Obviously, I haven't got the time to investigate each one, and format it, and let the community know, but some users have waded into the depths of shit that is the altcoin world. The section is still completely overrun with shit projects despite the communities best efforts to let the public know. There are only a couple of altcoins that I would consider "interesting" within the last year or so. I could probably count them on my hand from the last two years. Most of the announcements that you look at within that section are fueled mainly on hype, and have no real potential. It's a marketing game. Those who are good at marketing their shitcoin will profit, and cause false hype which will in turn earn some users money. A lot of users will unfortunately lose a lot of their investment too once it crashes. Don't even get me started on the spam problem there. Take a look at Howeycoins, and learn to identify the shit ones, and you can ignore most of that section.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 03:14:59 PM

There is something really troubling when I visit the most visited section of this website(Altcoins Announcements), every single thread looks the same and has no interesting feature but builds up expectations and promises. There are so many tokens I lost count, why every single person believes to be special? Like they got to do something better, they must be the lions, every single currency is now "a next generation" cryptocurrency. Every single team has "10+ years of experience" despite doing a shitcoin nobody will care about.

Where all these people come from? Why people have to release a shit product only for the sake of releasing something unique about themselves? Is it just a big scam scheme? Someone should tell them they are not revolutionary, they are not special, they are just the next shitcoin on the asian market of sand castles. Those will never set the future only trash the present.

you sound like those who are begging for violent altcoin introductions.
charlie137

Activity: 1204
Merit: 220

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2019, 06:39:13 PM

its pretty much obvious that majority of altcoin ann projects are done by same dev/team as daily operations - same style/typos/errors for very long run. id say 95% from what i saw has dash bip44 with the team screaming about heavy tech, so you can imagine the rest

theres also another question - who is buyin bch and bsv - where these people are came from?)
Badman-Crypto

Activity: 57
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:03:24 AM

The whole point of altcoins and ICOs is that they are easy to launch and are low risk, high reward for the person running them.

If they make a project and it fails, who cares? It doesn't cost much to start a project at the beginning. The real investment comes later when you are actually building the product. If the project is actually decent and is a success, then it has the potential to make millions of dollars worth of value out of nothing.
iam_aayushiJ

Activity: 190
Merit: 15

Customer Support at https://coinswitch.co/

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 08:38:48 AM

There are two problems associated with this -

First, I think every forum and community has this problem, even reddit and twitter has these problems, but they allow the spamming upto some extent.

Second - in cryptos specially has this problem where users are not matured, there is a very small set of people in the world who understand crypto, so companies are selling crazily, where as they even do not whom they are selling, they are just doing it for the sake of it. ICOs reaised a lot money, so they are now spending lavishly on craze marketing, therefore there is spamming.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: