Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:53:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we headed for a recession?  (Read 586 times)
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 01:33:16 AM

Are we heading in for another recession or Quantitive Easing 4?

Quite possibly.

As you say, the traditional markets have cooled down quite a bit. While it is still unknown whether or not a bear market will actually happen in stocks, bonds, and real estate, it is quite clear that growth in previous years simply can't be sustained.

What role will the cryptocurrency market play in all of this?

Unlike stocks, I think that crypto isn't influenced as much by central banks, financial crises, and anything relating to the fiat system in general. There are some people who expect bitcoin to go down along with the stock market, if a recession does hit, but I don't see any correlation between the two markets fundamentally to say that would happen. On the contrary, people may buy into bitcoin in these times in order to diversify their holdings out of the traditional markets, and treat it as a long term store of value. Just like how gold was massively bought after the 2008 crisis.

Smiley
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 04:10:24 AM

The connection would be investors looking for another option to where their money will be safer and makes better profit.

We will just have to wait for that.
They have their financial analysts to do those kind of jobs for them and what could be the one on the frontlines.
Yeah, it will be cryprocurrencies.

Looks like the investing market will be all down this year. What could be the real reasons about all of this. That is what I want to know. Digging deeper.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3422
Merit: 4342

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 04:43:25 AM

Stock market had a nice 10-year bull market. That party is over.

Nothing has changed since 2008.

efxtrader

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 06:09:53 AM

its hard to predict economic situation in 2019. If The Fed keep increasing interest rate, maybe economic crisis happen around the world because US Dollar coming back to home. Maybe it not related with cryptomarket but i think crypto price maybe increasing because investor must be searching an alternative investment

yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 06:16:50 AM

I think the crypto currency market cannot be equated with the stock market, because both of them have their own forms and ways of working which cannot be equated, so the factors that affect the price movement are also different, if the stock market can be easily predicted this does not apply to the eye market crypto money, especially bitcoin which has a halving day cycle and that has a profound effect on the crypto currency market
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 06:26:44 AM
Merited by GregH37 (2)

There will be plenty of chances for world economy to enter into another round of recession after 2008. World economic always needs some new industrial innovations so that new jobs and new level of productions will be carried out so that it will be finding its continuous growth otherwise we may enter into the recession time to time.

This time, I believe I will not need to worry about losing my job or inflation in my country (due to any possible recession). Because I'm having some bitcoin saving and I believe that will be more than enough to overcome for time being like finding another way of income generations. In 2008, I lost my job due to recession triggered lay off.

Some off-topic yer you may find interesting : I'm always thinking why is MR.Satoshi has developed bitcoin systems in 2009. Probably he must have suffered something in the recession by the year 2008. To have some solution, he must have invented bitcoin Wink.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 06:33:47 AM

I don't know about other country but currently i was watching economy situations in my country that people's purchasing power is declining and unemployee increasing and build new business is not profitable anymore because as i was mentioned above but crypto also cannot help too much because almost a year crypto investors and traders also cannot get decent profit and maybe yes we are headed for a recession
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 05:02:12 PM

We are IN a recession, if you fail to see that but I have some bad news for you in that case. Look at the world right now, look at all the tiny countries compared to huge countries like UK and USA and so forth. The likes of Venezuela, Somalia, Pakistan and so forth, those tiny countries are having the worst years of their existence, they are not at war or they are not fighting with anyone but their economy is going so bad that people are LOSING WEIGHT from lack of resources.

Look at middle type countries like Italy, Greece, Turkey and so forth, they are having crisis about their debts and prices of everything goes higher and many big companies bankrupted and its really dangerous for them but it looks like they will all turn into Venezuela type of world if they can't find a solution soon.

Look at huge ones like France, UK, USA and so forth, France already have a lot of fight going on inside because of economical issues, that's right there is resistance fighting the government FOR ECONOMIC REASONS, UK is just a chaotic kid right now talking about brexit while living in London is so hard the educated population is getting less and less there because its easier to find jobs somewhere else while being capable of affording. USA I don't even have to talk about.

World is in a recession, we are on the brink of bankrupting as a whole world.
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 05:40:31 PM

The global economy is doing really great for the past year or two. I truly believe that there will be a recession in the coming years and that it is very close. Everything has its ups and downs and this happens with economies as well. I don't mind, as I am full on crypto and if a recession happens I think that more people will start noticing and reading about Bitcoin in order to avoid inflating trends.
aad140386

Activity: 420
Merit: 20

simply getting the job done

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 06:29:56 PM

I do not know what role cryptocurrency can play in the future global crisis, but I do not think that the role will be significant. Cryptocurrencies still occupy a very small role in the global financial system. And in the current situation is generally tiny. Regarding the impending global crisis, I believe that it will be in 2020. All crises come when most are confident that everything is going well. ) The indicator will be the stock market. When there will be good news and quarterly reports, but stock quotes will stop growing, you will need to think about how to protect your assets. This is the first sign of a crisis. Personally, I buy gold and cryptocurrencies, as well as dollars and euros.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
Osayo

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 08:11:04 PM

There is no real connection between the cryptocurrency market and the stock exchange. The price of real commodities does not seems to affect the price of cryptocurrencies as well.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 08:30:30 PM

There is no real connection between the cryptocurrency market and the stock exchange. The price of real commodities does not seems to affect the price of cryptocurrencies as well.

There is because people who are investing in stocks are getting more and more interested in cryptocurrencies. We can't be sure that if stocks crash Bitcoin will pump because we don't know what alternatives will stock investors choose for their money. It can be Bitcoin, but it can also be something else like gold. I'd still choose Bitcoin because gold is getting old and boring.
shinharu10282016

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 11:45:11 PM

What role will the cryptocurrency market play in all of this?

We all know how it all works the same but is not relative to one another. Crypto is decentralized while all these stocks are centralized or are being monitored by a big body. We really need to stop thinking they are indeed correlated or one has to do with the others. They all just work the same way but will never meet each other.
chairmanMao

Activity: 456
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 08:46:45 AM

Yes, this recession is not simple. Politicians are aware of the crisis. This is an unprecedented crisis. This 100-year economic crisis will break out at any time. When the financial crisis broke out, the dollar will fall and the global capital market will re-enter good development. This may last for ten years.

Renaldi blackspadeteam

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 12:31:32 PM

maybe you are right, the crypto price doesn't follow the stock price,
I think the crypto price on the market will go down at Christmas, because I think many people sell crypto to buy presents on Christmas day, but not, and the crypto price rises even though only slightly.
kolesozw
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 03:05:38 PM

I think we are heading to recession and I like it.
Because its very likely one recession to bring a bull crypto market while lowering the real estate prices. While 90% of my finance power is in crypto, if one recession bring down the real estate prices significantly, I'm willing to transfer 2/3 of my wealth there.

BitHodler
Legendary

Merit: 1179

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 08:35:42 PM
Merited by Altero (1)

Because its very likely one recession to bring a bull crypto market while lowering the real estate prices. While 90% of my finance power is in crypto, if one recession bring down the real estate prices significantly, I'm willing to transfer 2/3 of my wealth there.
So you like to see the legacy economy suffer just for the purpose of boosting your insignificant crypto portfolio? Not cool. The very fact that 90% of your portfolio sits in crypto is already a bad start.

I hope for you it's in Bitcoin and not whatever random shitcoin or ICO token. Another thing is that people tend to discard the possibility of a market wide recession, where every asset including gold and crypto plummet.

I rather see Bitcoin gain back its momentum within a healthy legacy market, because we don't need it to underperform to have Bitcoin stand out. It exploded during 2017 with a very strong legacy market....

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 08:59:50 PM

So you like to see the legacy economy suffer just for the purpose of boosting your insignificant crypto portfolio? Not cool. The very fact that 90% of your portfolio sits in crypto is already a bad start.

I hope for you it's in Bitcoin and not whatever random shitcoin or ICO token. Another thing is that people tend to discard the possibility of a market wide recession, where every asset including gold and crypto plummet.

I rather see Bitcoin gain back its momentum within a healthy legacy market, because we don't need it to underperform to have Bitcoin stand out. It exploded during 2017 with a very strong legacy market....
It is pretty cool to see bitcoin/crypto market grows with ease and not just by a hype.  Cause if we remember last 2017, many were get into losing after a huge pumps happen and I don't want the people suffer again.
It is gonna be a trap for a hungry monkey, and now they are too much hunger again.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1255

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 09:31:15 PM

I just read today that there are a number of factors which could feed
a recession, trade wars between china and the US, carbon taxes to be
possibly implemented by Canada, slowing global economies particularly
in china and the EU.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/business/eurozone-recession-fears-on-the-rise-898571.html

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/doug-ford-carbon-tax-recession-1.4986683

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-japan-economy-poll/japan-recession-risk-rises-on-us-china-trade-war-global-slowdown-reuters-poll-idUSKCN1PF0B0

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
awik p

Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 07:07:21 AM

It is pretty cool to see bitcoin/crypto market grows with ease and not just by a hype.  Cause if we remember last 2017, many were get into losing after a huge pumps happen and I don't want the people suffer again.
It is gonna be a trap for a hungry monkey, and now they are too much hunger again.
therefore we must know the way of their thoughts, so that they do not become bananas for their food. many have lost money in 2018, especially for those who have the expectation to get money easily, and finally they are complacent and become the food of the monkeys, for this year I think it is like evolution, where those who survive will get a reward later

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: